Brian Flores | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores

Why are you listening to the talking heads? He was not named the defensive coordinator for the Patriots last season. There is a reason for that decision. He called the defensive plays, so he understood enough to operate the game plan. That does not mean he was the driving force for the game plan. I consider Flores a well rounded coach who may be a better head coach than a coordinator. I never considered him a defensive genius.

I did not put him up on a pedestal, and I expected this would be a season with growing pains. My opinion is youhad unrealistic expectations.
The only problem I have w flores is will he be around once we start getting talent

We blew it by not getting Kris Richard. Will be a great coach when given his chance.

Well, today at his presser he said some stupid ill-advised statements. Are you going to keep Rosen as the starter? "Yeah about that.... " he, said. "We already have a good evaluation of Josh." Really you do huh? Then he says we'll see how he do in practice this week. WTF! This is wrong. First you say one then you say another. He is going to have turmoil in the locker. I really feel now he is in on this. He is becoming a liar. That is not good for him and the football team. Simply wow Coach Flo. Unexpected and very displeasing.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article236198053.html

We blew it by not getting Kris Richard. Will be a great coach when given his chance.

Adam Gase just dissected the Cowboys defense. I'd wait to heap such praise on someone who's never done it...look at Flores.

Coach Flo ain’t going anywhere. Ross and Grier hand picked the guy and gave him 5 years. Whether he stays the whole 5 years is anybody’s guess, but this year he obviously gets a pass due to the strip down of the team by Grier. If you all think he’s going to get canned because of what happens this year, you’re all getting your hopes up for nothing. Now if this team still looks like this with the infused talent next year or year 3 then he may get the can. But this is Ross’ plan, has been since he hired Flores.

Last edited:
Adam Gase just dissected the Cowboys defense. I'd wait to heap such praise on someone who's never done it...look at Flores.
Maybe he's a better head coach than a d coordinator. Gase doing that to your defensive should immediately disqualify you from at least holding the latter position.

Coach Flo ain’t going anywhere. Ross and Grier hand picked the guy and gave him 5 years. Whether he stays the whole 5 years is anybody’s guess, but this year he obviously gets a pass due to the strip down of the team by Grier. If you all think he’s going to get canned because of what happens this year, you’re all getting your hopes up for nothing. Now if this team still looks like this with the infused talent next year or year 3 then he may get the can.
But what about the half time adjustments? That's sarcasm.

Coach Flo ain’t going anywhere. Ross and Grier hand picked the guy and gave him 5 years. Whether he stays the whole 5 years is anybody’s guess, but this year he obviously gets a pass due to the strip down of the team by Grier. If you all think he’s going to get canned because of what happens this year, you’re all getting your hopes up for nothing. Now if this team still looks like this with the infused talent next year or year 3 then he may get the can. But this is Ross’ plan has been since he hired Flores.

My prediction is he will be canned in Year 3, either mid season or the end.

History tells us it is very rare for a coach to get past a historically bad season like this.

Well, today at his presser he said some stupid ill-advised statements. Are you going to keep Rosen as the starter? "Yeah about that.... " he, said. "We already have a good evaluation of Josh." Really you do huh? Then he says we'll see how he do in practice this week. WTF! This is wrong. First you say one then you say another. He is going to have turmoil in the locker. I really feel now he is in on this. He is becoming a liar. That is not good for him and the football team. Simply wow Coach Flo. Unexpected and very displeasing.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article236198053.html

That’s depressing.

My prediction is he will be canned in Year 3, either mid season or the end.

History tells us it is very rare for a coach to get past a historically bad season like this.
I think this season is unprecedented.

I went into this season expecting the Dolphins to be awful and they haven’t disappointed me in my expectations. I am giving Flores a bye for this season and my hope is he and his staff can find a few players to start rebuilding for the future on this subpar roster.

Starting next year I will be expecting him to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Tanking isnt the coaches decision alone. People judging Flores for the never ending train wreck weve seen for years, is shocking to me.
This team has wreaked below mediocrity for way too long. Flores is a leader, if I knew nothing else about him, that Quality is clear. Let it play out at least till next years end. This year smh

Very disappointed with early returns thus far on Flores. Looks like we have JV team from talent evaluators, coaches, to players. I’m not seeing how these guys think they can go from 0-16 to 12-4 super bowl winner in 4 years or less.

No team is going to want to be the team that loses to the Dolphins this year. An 0-16 is a kiss of death on all resumes. Ross is an abject failure of an owner.

Back
Top Bottom