Brian Flores | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores

Serik

Active Roster
Reaction score
Cant say enough good things about Coach Flores. His press conferences are always on point and professional.
Look forward not backwards, etc..
He is a leader of men. I really cant wait to see this team in 2 to 3 years.

P.S.
Jay Gruden talks make me want to puke.

He talks the talk. We're trying to get the #1 overall pick this year, so he gets a pass. But at the end of year 3 … or 4 depending upon your reference point, we will begin to judge Coach Flores by wins. At that point, who he has on his staff will not matter. The team he inherited will not matter. The injuries and unfixed (fill in position group of choice) will not matter. The only thing that matters in the long run is whether he can produce a winner. I'm rooting for him, and I wish him luck, but reality is a harsh critic, and he'll be judged just like everyone else.

And the reality is that we're tanking for an opportunity to be great ... not just 9-7, so he needs to be producing double-digit win seasons by year 4.

I would like to see some sort of progress from him as far as preparation and in-game adjustments. Granted I haven't watched a game live this year due to my schedule, but from the highlights and condensed games I have seen they are struggling in those areas. Let's see how they come out after the bye week before we anoint him the next Shula.

Cant say enough good things about Coach Flores. His press conferences are always on point and professional.
Look forward not backwards, etc..
He is a leader of men. I really cant wait to see this team in 2 to 3 years.

P.S.
Jay Gruden talks make me want to puke.

I agree he has the aura and seems to have 'it' as a HC. Whether that turns in to a good HC on the field is an open question.

I do respect that he is behaving like a head coach; instead of, coaching the unit where he is comfortable. He seems to be committed to growing his staff. He seems to be a sending consistent message because I hear his words come out of every player’s mouth and being repeated by his coordinators and his position coaches. He is committed to giving young players significant playing time. It is a strategy that should grow a nucleus of foundational players.

We will have to wait to see if this strategy works.

My timeline for judgment really depends on what we do in FA. If we stick in large part to the draft to build this team, then we're still only going to have a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players come year 3. There's gonna be a lot of growing pains with that much youth. I would expect us to be bring in some key free agents but if they take the colts approach, they might be a lot more selective. Regardless, end of year 3 I'd expect to be seeing some good, consistent play. Year 4 is where I think expectations will be more realistic.

Major improvement next year, Playoffs the next year, Real Super Bowl contender the following, or this is a Complete Fail.

I think he should be gone after this year. This is likely going to be the worst team in nfl history and any coach who leads that should be fired. It’s not that they have been losing, its that the games aren’t competitive. The argument that Flores was the key to the Patriots super bowl win is also garbage. The Patriots defense is better this year without him. He was just another water boy like Gase.

I think he should be gone after this year. This is likely going to be the worst team in nfl history and any coach who leads that should be fired. It’s not that they have been losing, its that the games aren’t competitive. The argument that Flores was the key to the Patriots super bowl win is also garbage. The Patriots defense is better this year without him. He was just another water boy like Gase.
This.

Back
Top Bottom