Brian Flores | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores

The answer Coach Flores gives to the “isn’t that the minimum?” question from today’s press conference tells you what this head coach values the most. I expect that those of you that believe he is being out coached may be derisive of that comment, but he could not give you better sound bite for his priorities.

I think he should be gone after this year. This is likely going to be the worst team in nfl history and any coach who leads that should be fired. It’s not that they have been losing, its that the games aren’t competitive. The argument that Flores was the key to the Patriots super bowl win is also garbage. The Patriots defense is better this year without him. He was just another water boy like Gase.

He may or may not turn out to be a successful coach. I will say this - we have a disturbing trend w hiring HCs under Ross - Philbin, Gase, Flores we’re NOT coordinators. They were “helpers”. What’s up w that?

He talks the talk. We're trying to get the #1 overall pick this year, so he gets a pass. But at the end of year 3 … or 4 depending upon your reference point, we will begin to judge Coach Flores by wins. At that point, who he has on his staff will not matter. The team he inherited will not matter. The injuries and unfixed (fill in position group of choice) will not matter. The only thing that matters in the long run is whether he can produce a winner. I'm rooting for him, and I wish him luck, but reality is a harsh critic, and he'll be judged just like everyone else.

And the reality is that we're tanking for an opportunity to be great ... not just 9-7, so he needs to be producing double-digit win seasons by year 4.
I'd say year 3, patience is nice but as we see coaches should be able to get 10 win seasons with a good qb. my fear is we got another Bill Obrien or Mike vrabel who will provide nothing bit good enough to good ebough to outright awful each year.

I think Flores has the job as long as Steve Ross is the owner.

I'd say year 3, patience is nice but as we see coaches should be able to get 10 win seasons with a good qb. my fear is we got another Bill Obrien or Mike vrabel who will provide nothing bit good enough to good ebough to outright awful each year.

Bill O’Brien who has won his division how many times?

This is a throwaway year. The majority of players on the roster won’t be here next season so we can’t even judge Flores at this point. I will say that I like the philosophy of having a versatile defense. The problem is that you need high iq/unselfish players to have success. I thought hiring Jim Caldwell and attempting to hire Dom Capers was really smart. Hopefully Caldwell will return. If we can find a qb, Flores could have this job for a long time. We shall see.

Bill O’Brien who has won his division how many times?
yeah nothing like sitting in the south division with a bunch of below average teams. Sitting on a record of 45-40 with 1 playoff win. Had Watson not come along this so called guru was rolling out guys like savage, osweiler and tj Yates. Before Watson came along he never had anything better than a 9-7 year. That's the definition of average

yeah nothing like sitting in the south division with a bunch of below average teams. Sitting on a record of 45-40 with 1 playoff win. Had Watson not come along this so called guru was rolling out guys like savage, osweiler and tj Yates. Before Watson came along he never had anything better than a 9-7 year. That's the definition of average

What’s your argument again? How was O’Brien in college? Are you saying that he is a good coach because has a winning record with qbs like savage osweiler and Yates? Pretty sure his gm signed osweiler without his input.

Before Watson came he coached 3 seasons and went 9-7 in all of them. Of course he was taking over a 2-14 team. Lol at your argument.

I think it's safe to say that we have not had a HC in the teams history where he came in expecting to fail. If anybody had a win/win scenario its Flores. Unless the team keeps getting turned over by 30pts + every game I reckon Flores sticks.

Back
Top Bottom