Brian Flores | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores

as of Oct14, Nkimdiche is able to officially practice and play... there’ll be 4 - 1st Rndrs, all under 25, in our Front Seven.. which should help our LBs & DBs (especially Rowe)... we might mess up and win 4-5 games. i’m good with that.. are yall?

This is a throwaway year. The majority of players on the roster won’t be here next season so we can’t even judge Flores at this point. I will say that I like the philosophy of having a versatile defense. The problem is that you need high iq/unselfish players to have success. I thought hiring Jim Caldwell and attempting to hire Dom Capers was really smart. Hopefully Caldwell will return. If we can find a qb, Flores could have this job for a long time. We shall see.
I disagree. People judge players like Rosen so why can't we form an opinion about the coaches?

Some of you have very unrealistic expectations of the tank...3 years and then a Super Bowl push? Ya’ll are crazy. Flores doesn seem like the answer yet to me. I am disappointed in the defense and the general discipline of the team, as well as the willingness to let talent walk instead of trying to fold it back into the team. The first two games are the worst football I have ever seen. Having said all that, the team has played better in the first half of games lately which is encouraging, only to fall apart in the second half, which creates more doubts. If he can’t produce second half adjustments and better gameplans this year, I don’t think Ross is going to be happy, but I think he will still get at least one more season, even if he hasn’t earned it.

i had hopes but its clear he has nooooooo idea what the hell hes doing as head coach, i dont care how bad the talent is, this team should look much better.
I actually think he's making the best of a very difficult situation. We all know that the team is deficient of talent and that will be addressed in the offseason through the Draft and free agency. What I see from Coach Flores is a no-nonsense competitor. He was livid with Christian Wilkins after giving the dumb penalty in the last game and I hope Wilkins learns from it.
This is a tough situation for any coach to handle. However, he is still learning how to adjust to the role of Head Coach. The scars from these ugly defeats may make Flores better prepared in the long run. Be patient, let's see how the team responds over the season before concluding that he has noooooo* idea what the hell he's doing.

* Do the extra o's make a difference?

Im reserving judgement and at this point he is definitely a upgrade over head case Gase. Can he really coach up players and build a winning franchise? Its a long road to find out but after this season things need to improve...drastically.

as of Oct14, Nkimdiche is able to officially practice and play... there’ll be 4 - 1st Rndrs, all under 25, in our Front Seven.. which should help our LBs & DBs (especially Rowe)... we might mess up and win 4-5 games. i’m good with that.. are yall?

You say this like just the fact that we have 4 1st round picks means we have a talented front 7.

We're tied for last in sacks, we're last in TFL, I'm pretty sure we're last in QB pressures, we're last in rushing yards per game and thats with 3 1st round picks on the front 7 is having 1 more 1st rounder the missing piece?

I'd like to mess up and win the rest.

I'd also like to buy the winning lottery ticket.

It is such an interesting discussion.

I don't think anyone would question the idea that we have the worst talent in the NFL, by a large margin. We are working with guys who would not be on an NFL roster on any other team. That s just our starters, but it gets much worse when you look at the depth.

I honestly don't know what to make of Flores. While we can have an opinion of Rosen...there are 3 years of college, plus a full season of NFL play that backs up some of the judgment on what he could and could not be in the NFL, while Flores has 4 games with the worst NFL roster.

He's going to be given the chance to work with this team for a few years...

One, he took this job knowing what the team planned the first couple of years...

Two, it is Ross's style to stick with guys (most of the time, far too long then they deserve)

There is one thing to note...Miami is one of the least penalized teams in the NFL. Considering what we are working with, that's pretty impressive.

I don't think anyone would question the idea that we have the worst talent in the NFL, by a large margin. We are working with guys who would not be on an NFL roster on any other team. That s just our starters, but it gets much worse when you look at the depth.

I honestly don't know what to make of Flores. While we can have an opinion of Rosen...there are 3 years of college, plus a full season of NFL play that backs up some of the judgment on what he could and could not be in the NFL, while Flores has 4 games with the worst NFL roster.

One, he took this job knowing what the team planned the first couple of years...

Two, it is Ross's style to stick with guys (most of the time, far too long then they deserve)

There is one thing to note...Miami is one of the least penalized teams in the NFL. Considering what we are working with, that's pretty impressive.
People forget Flores signed a 5 year guaranteed deal. No other new coach got that deal. I doubt after one season Ross will fire him, eat his salary while also paying for another coach on top of that. Our hope is that he gets it and we are set for 10 years.

right now I can't figure out what his plans are in situational football. Is he aggressive? does he attack opponents strengths? It's hard to answer these questions with the current roster

when you bring a supposed defensive guru in and the D is historically bad, you have to atleast be concerned. i dont care about the personnel, this team is getting absolutely nothing from the scheme.

Why are you listening to the talking heads? He was not named the defensive coordinator for the Patriots last season. There is a reason for that decision. He called the defensive plays, so he understood enough to operate the game plan. That does not mean he was the driving force for the game plan. I consider Flores a well rounded coach who may be a better head coach than a coordinator. I never considered him a defensive genius.

I did not put him up on a pedestal, and I expected this would be a season with growing pains. My opinion is youhad unrealistic expectations.

when you bring a supposed defensive guru in and the D is historically bad, you have to atleast be concerned. i dont care about the personnel, this team is getting absolutely nothing from the scheme.
So the lack of talent doesn't matter to you?

Yes, it is a very interesting discussion.

I would argue that any teacher including a coach should be judged by the growth of the individual, the player, not by the absolute skill level. This implies that regardless of the talent level of the team you can evaluate the player development portion of the job.

The schemes and halftime adjustments are difficult to judge when there was such a turnover just before and during the season. I do believe it would be fair to judge this during the second half of the season.

Finally, I do believe that Flores is attempting to train his coordinators and staff member that have taken on more challenges. I appreciate this aspect of being a head coach. I have no idea if he has the skills to accomplish this goal, but I am willing to see if there is growth with the coaches.

Back
Top Bottom