Brian Flores | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores

This staff stinks and Coach Flores is not the answer. They the (STAFF) do not put them in the right plays to win on offense and defense (I used coach at USCSB and I diagnose plays before the snap and you can tell they are set-up to fail on OFFENSE and DEFENSE. I am getting really mad that Coach Flores does not engage with his staff when things go right or wrong and he does not make adjustments to continue doing things right or improving the wrongs, no involvement and no emotion (NOTHING). They are always in the wrong plays in certain situations to succeed they fail and they set them up to fail each an every time IMHO. I am extremely pissed off at Coach Flores for going for 2 pt conversion. Why not take it to OT. I understand aggression for the win but, you take it to OT and win it there. You have to. You just have to.

O'Shea is way in over his head. He called a ****ing ridiculous stupid play on the last one its called (BSc-Left Straddle 32). The Redskins had it covered why not audible out of that they had time to do so with :06. Plus, D.V.P. and Gesicki were wide open to right side of the play as everyone was on the line of scrimmage for the Redskins. Why do you throw a bubble screen to the left at the goal line? Why not give it Ballage or Drake or Walton on a run up the middle or a curl route to the corner. Makes no sense. Epic Fail.

I truly believe if Brian Flores and his STAFF does not show improvement and some wins this year he is not the answer (he will be gone very soon) they need something to build on and so far I just don't see it in him to be a good coach he always looks defeated on sidelines. When DVP scored the TD, there was nothing from him. Nothing not even a cheer. Then he tells O'Shea to go for 2. I was saying to the TV, ****ing NO don't do it! You tie it an go to OT. As soon as they broke the huddle I knew it would fail. I used to be a Defensive Coordinator for USCSB. I know offenses like the back of my hand. ****ing stupid!

With Bills next, hope they play competitively but this one may get really ugly as the Bills are some what good.

This staff stinks and Coach Flores is not the answer. They the (STAFF) do not put them in the right plays to win on offense and defense (I used coach at USCSB and I diagnose plays before the snap and you can tell they are set-up to fail on OFFENSE and DEFENSE. I am getting really mad that Coach Flores does not engage with his staff when things go right or wrong and he does not make adjustments to continue doing things right or improving the wrongs, no involvement and no emotion (NOTHING). They are always in the wrong plays in certain situations to succeed they fail and they set them up to fail each an every time IMHO. I am extremely pissed off at Coach Flores for going for 2 pt conversion. Why not take it to OT. I understand aggression for the win but, you take it to OT and win it there. You have to. You just have to.

O'Shea is way in over his head. He called a ****ing ridiculous stupid play on the last one its called (BSc-Left Straddle 32). The Redskins had it covered why not audible out of that they had time to do so with :06. Plus, D.V.P. and Gesicki were wide open to right side of the play as everyone was on the line of scrimmage for the Redskins. Why do you throw a bubble screen to the left at the goal line? Why not give it Ballage or Drake or Walton on a run up the middle or a curl route to the corner. Makes no sense. Epic Fail.

I truly believe if Brian Flores and his STAFF does not show improvement and some wins this year he is not the answer (he will be gone very soon) they need something to build on and so far I just don't see it in him to be a good coach he always looks defeated on sidelines. When DVP scored the TD, there was nothing from him. Nothing not even a cheer. Then he tells O'Shea to go for 2. I was saying to the TV, ****ing NO don't do it! You tie it an go to OT. As soon as they broke the huddle I knew it would fail. I used to be a Defensive Coordinator for USCSB. I know offenses like the back of my hand. ****ing stupid!

With Bills next, hope they play competitively but this one may get really ugly as the Bills are some what good.
The only explanation for the 2 point try and then the low % play call (needs to be a downhill play) is that they really did not want to win the tie breaker for draft position vs the Skins. It’s all I’ve got.

I never see this guy during the games. Lol they really must not like having him on camera. From the very few times I see him, he seems to be pretty stoic no matter the situation

Some of you have very unrealistic expectations of the tank...3 years and then a Super Bowl push? Ya’ll are crazy. Flores doesn seem like the answer yet to me. I am disappointed in the defense and the general discipline of the team, as well as the willingness to let talent walk instead of trying to fold it back into the team. The first two games are the worst football I have ever seen. Having said all that, the team has played better in the first half of games lately which is encouraging, only to fall apart in the second half, which creates more doubts. If he can’t produce second half adjustments and better gameplans this year, I don’t think Ross is going to be happy, but I think he will still get at least one more season, even if he hasn’t earned it.
Again this is so stupid. We are tanking! Gase wanted to try and win now and the GM and owner wanted to start from scratch. Sick and tired of 8-8 football. Find a good QB fix the line. Give the staff time to draft and coach players that fit their scheme. Like NE and Pittsburgh

I honestly haven't watched a PC of his since Week 2. They were awful. He lacked confidence and could only muster generic coach speak. I can't imagine he has much else to say these days after getting blasted off the field for 4 straight games, but I will need to check out to see if his PCs have improved. Anyone got a link?
Have you watched a New England PC? What do you want him to say? The owner wants us to lose? Come on

I honestly haven't watched a PC of his since Week 2. They were awful. He lacked confidence and could only muster generic coach speak. I can't imagine he has much else to say these days after getting blasted off the field for 4 straight games, but I will need to check out to see if his PCs have improved. Anyone got a link?

Here ya go

The only explanation for the 2 point try and then the low % play call (needs to be a downhill play) is that they really did not want to win the tie breaker for draft position vs the Skins. It’s all I’ve got.
I'm fine with it...

Again this is so stupid. We are tanking! Gase wanted to try and win now and the GM and owner wanted to start from scratch. Sick and tired of 8-8 football. Find a good QB fix the line. Give the staff time to draft and coach players that fit their scheme. Like NE and Pittsburgh

So Flores is game planning to lose, because Grier and Ross told him to? The players are deliberately playing as poorly as possible too, right? Talk about naive...

Thank you for your observations.

Gospel?

Who knows.

So Flores is game planning to lose, because Grier and Ross told him to? The players are deliberately playing as poorly as possible too, right? Talk about naive...
When he depleted the talent level to the point where this team might not be good enough to make the college football playoffs...let alone win, that tells me he and the FO were planning to lose. Ohio Wesleyan can draft the best game plan from the best OC/DC...but if they play a full strength Ohio State team the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

When he depleted the talent level to the point where this team might not be good enough to make the college football playoffs...let alone win, that tells me he and the FO were planning to lose. Ohio Wesleyan can draft the best game plan from the best OC/DC...but if they play a full strength Ohio State team the outcome is a foregone conclusion.
fair point for sure and some of the posters are right when they point out that the talent last year could not beat the Vikings, jags, and bills to end the year and were blown out big time in those games.

i cannot fathom why people are just fine with us rejecting that thought process? I have always been a supporter of being either very bad or good. Staying in the middle is a death sentence as soon there is no way out

I liked the decision to go for 2. I wont say the I like the play that was called. But the decision to go for it, I did like. The all or nothing call. I think it took guts. Those are things I've wanted to see them do this season. Get the feeling of what it's like to make a decision like that, especially in a season where you are tanking..make ballsy decisions while you have a little forgiveness time. I rather him get used to that feeling, while he's got time to play with. Instead of playing straight and narrow and making the safe call, then when the time comes to get gutsy, he's too afraid and paralyzed to doit.

Jay Gruden? Is that serious? No, no thanks to Jay Gruden. No effing thanks. You may argue that ownership and front office played a large part in his failure in Washington, but we have poor ownership and a trashbag front office here, too. If he couldn't do it there, why think he can do it here?

Here's the thing with Flores: He was basically hired without any qualifications because he was cheap and he was willing to take the job, and maybe because he's a friend of the Grier family. He had nothing on his resume that said he should become an NFL head coach this off-season. Heck, he had a giant red flag on that resume with the whole Belichick assistant thing. Now the team that he got hired to coach is perhaps among the worst in NFL history six weeks into the season.

Not sure what anyone expected. What I do know is that every time this coaching staff looks dazed and confused, every time this team gets shellacked by even marginal football teams (like Dallas and the Chargers) and even when it loses to the pitiful Redskins, you gotta ask yourself if you have any confidence in this group going forward. If this team finishes with the #1 overall pick and Tua declares for the NFL draft, do you want to trust him to Chad O'Shea?

I sure as **** don't.

I liked the decision to go for 2. I wont say the I like the play that was called. But the decision to go for it, I did like. The all or nothing call. I think it took guts. Those are things I've wanted to see them do this season. Get the feeling of what it's like to make a decision like that, especially in a season where you are tanking..make ballsy decisions while you have a little forgiveness time. I rather him get used to that feeling, while he's got time to play with. Instead of playing straight and narrow and making the safe call, then when the time comes to get gutsy, he's too afraid and paralyzed to doit.

You think it took guts to put the outcome of the game on the result of a screen pass? I'm not sure guts is the word I'd use for that.

[/QUOTE. Look what we got for the marginal players we let go. Look at the cap space. We are better off losing bad now getting a few high draft picks and smart spending in free agency then the **** we been doing. If you can’t see that then I can’t help you

Back
Top Bottom