Brian Gaine hired by Texans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Gaine hired by Texans

endorPHINS72

Restore the greatness!
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just about a week after being fired by the Dolphins, Gaine has been hired by the Texans to be their Director of Pro Personnel. This raises a serious question for the people who supported Jeff Ireland - with all the research and knowledge Jeff Ireland had assembled for the 2014 draft, why have no teams offered him a job???

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/feed/sports/houston-texans-hire-brian-gaine-as-director-of-pro/fXwxC/

:bobdole:

Something tells me most teams will stray from the PR nightmare that is Jeff Ireland.

No one wants to hire the guy that told Incog to go punch someone in the face.

:ponder:

Someone will eventually be stupid enough to hire Ireland. We can only hope its the Jets...

Gaine seems like an intelligent person with a good personality. I wish him well too.

Ya he actually is a great guy. I played in a golf tourn with him the last couple years, and he got me my tix, when I would fly down to Miami every year. Tough loss for me regarding the sweet game tix that he'd get me, but it sure was great while it lasted..

No teams have hired Ireland because he was thought of as a clown by the rest of the NFL front offices. His behavior on the Bess trade with Cleveland secured his reputation.

Firstly, congrats to Brian Gaine and I hope he and the Texas are successful in their quick reload. It seems as though Gaine got a raw deal with the whole PR fiasco basically ending any chance he had of becoming the GM in Miami.

Secondly, until the Wells report and Litigious Martin are fully behind us it is going to be very hard for a team to take a chance on Irelamd. He will be permanently tainted, but he has shown ability to spot talent at certain positions and I would expect he has a chance to get back into an NFL front office in some capacity once this dies down.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just about a week after being fired by the Dolphins, Gaine has been hired by the Texans to be their Director of Pro Personnel. This raises a serious question for the people who supported Jeff Ireland - with all the research and knowledge Jeff Ireland had assembled for the 2014 draft, why have no teams offered him a job???

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/feed/sports/houston-texans-hire-brian-gaine-as-director-of-pro/fXwxC/

My guess would be he is only interested in a GM position and they are all filled......not to mention he is getting paid something from Ross, not sure its his full salary because technically he quit....

Back
Top Bottom