Bridgewater | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bridgewater

He had his chance, there will be much better options, including just keeping Fitzmagic

I want a QB on a rookie deal. I want no part of a 20 million per year vet.

Please, I hate this Bridgewater talk already. He’s a fine backup although there are better backups out there. I don’t want to pay his salary when we already have Fitz or Rosen as a backup next year. In a perfect world we find out Rosen is the deal and he lights it up next year, but we’ll see.

How about Marcos Mariota?

Most definitely for a team friendly contract while bringing in a decent rookie. The problem is if we do that, we would be getting rid of Fitz and keeping Rosen as 3rd string. I think at this point Fitz may be a better mentor for a young QB... while Mariota would only be competing for the starting job not necessarily helping to groom our new QB.

I think we go into next season With Fitz, Rosen, and a rookie.

Rosen would need to start reading the game at a level not seen from him in college and the pros yet. Some dogs never learn to bite, and statistically and historically the odds are that he may never. Let us hope for a statistical anomaly but I wouldnt bet my house on it.
Yeah well my response to that would be, "the rocks not turned over until it's completely turned over. My meaning is give the guy a chance to fail before you make your decision. You may be right, or you may be wrong, we just don't know yet. He's got some of the tools, what you're referring to is just one of many. Don't put the horse in front of the car here.

Please, I hate this Bridgewater talk already. He’s a fine backup although there are better backups out there. I don’t want to pay his salary when we already have Fitz or Rosen as a backup next year. In a perfect world we find out Rosen is the deal and he lights it up next year, but we’ll see.
I wholeheartedly agree, the buses is not out yet on Rosen. It would just be bad is this at this point to decide he doesn't have it UNLESS the coaching staff say something for them to make that conclusion. Us couch GM's do not count

I'd draft the QB out of Texas before I brought him in.
Sam ehlinger? I think he is a great project qb. I have him at the top of the second tier list with love and eason. A 3 year starter with over 63% completion. He is ok w progression reads but still makes bad decisions. Hence 1 to 3 td ratio.

I'm not excited about bringing in another vet qb but as far as having snubbed us before, I would not be surprised if that could change after this season under Flores.

If you want to go after a New Orleans QB................I'd take a flier on Taysom Hill.
Some players need time to develop.
Others, coaches are wasting talent and time.
Hill needs to be on another team, his talent is already being wasted in NO.

That is an interesting scenario. Bridgewater looked really good in that New Orleans offense.

I wouldn't necessarily mind that as it would allow Miami to go BPA and build both lines.

That approach worked for the Saints when they signed Brees. That said, I don't think Bridgewater is a top 10 caliber quarterback. Not sure he moves the needle much.

Sam ehlinger? I think he is a great project qb. I have him at the top of the second tier list with love and eason. A 3 year starter with over 63% completion. He is ok w progression reads but still makes bad decisions. Hence 1 to 3 td ratio.

All that...and I like the fact that you can line him up in the shotgun and run him about 5 times a game.

A better Tebow.

Back
Top Bottom