Bring in Greg Olsen for a year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in Greg Olsen for a year?

No thanks. A young Olsen was great. An old Olsen is not what we need.

In Gailey's offense's the tight end is basically nonexistent. I don't see the point. Hell, I don't even know what role Gesicki will have in this offense.

GregO has a ‘right now’ offer from Fox; he can jump in a set chair, string background content, or booth up during XFL... pretty sure he’s takin it

He’d have a wealth a knowledge to bring to his fellow North Jersey brethren, big Mike Gesicki.

I saw an article today stating he’d have interest in joining Ron Rivera in DC for a year so he doesn’t appear to be ring chasing.

He might not have much left to offer on the field, a reserve/leadership role might make sense for all involved.

Im gonna guess he’s still fond of South Florida.

Geiscki should establish himself as a top 6-8 NFL TE by next year, with the proper help.
Should work well with Brady.

In Gailey's offense's the tight end is basically nonexistent. I don't see the point. Hell, I don't even know what role Gesicki will have in this offense.
So you think that will hold true from the last time he coached? The SB teams used their TE quite a bit. You dont think he will change?

So you think that will hold true from the last time he coached? The SB teams used their TE quite a bit. You dont think he will change?
The best predicter of future behavior is past behavior. Gailey has never, and I mean never featured the tight end. I don't feel like doing the research, but I'm fairly certain he doesn't even line up with a tight end in the formation all that often.

So
The best predicter of future behavior is past behavior. Gailey has never, and I mean never featured the tight end. I don't feel like doing the research, but I'm fairly certain he doesn't even line up with a tight end in the formation all that often.
so we will be the only team in the NFL? Ok got it

I think Gesicke will get a lot of those Rob Conrad screen plays.

So

so we will be the only team in the NFL? Ok got it
Sorry you can't handle this information, but if you knew anything about Chan Gailey you would know this. The tight end isn't a big part of his offense. Why don't you look into yourself?

Sorry you can't handle this information, but if you knew anything about Chan Gailey you would know this. The tight end isn't a big part of his offense. Why don't you look into yourself?
In the past. It is 2020. You dont think he changes? Like this wasnt a convo in the interview?

Can we focus on getting a Defensive End before a TE or WR please? TE is at the end of my list of needs for this team.

Nice call man, I had some doubts but you seem to be right... 2015, TE's got 25 total targets, in 2016, 28 total targets...

For reference sake, 41 individual TEs had more target this year than the Jets totals from 2015 and 2016...

I think Henry could be interesting, kinda injury history also though no? i could be wring on that

No you are right that is of concern.
Henry suffered a tibia fracture to his left knee in Los Angeles' season opener (2019) and missed the 2018 season while recovering from a torn ACL. He was still able to return in Week 6 and finished the year with career-highs despite occurring in an injury-riddled 12-game season.
Prefer Austin Hooper but they both also bring solid blocking and I think would be a nice addition with Gesickis obviously still developing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom