Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital?

The Rams are in a horrible position.

They have most of their cap space tied to 4 players with huge cap hits: Donald ($36 mil), Goff ($25 mil), Gurley (17.25 mil) , Cooks ($16.8 mil) AND that's not even including what they're going to spend on Jalen Ramsey. Ouch.

I dont see how they can even consider giving up Gurley + their 2nd round pick to anyone. They dont even have their 1st round picks for 2020 and 2021.

I’ll take a 2022 1st and Gurley for a pair of 4th rounders this year and next.

Rams have to do something drastic and few teams can “help” them.

Wouldn’t shock me if something happened there with Miami scoring great value to sell cap space.

Obviously we’d have to see what the new CBA looks like before we made a decision like this.

If Gurley can pass a physical it’s possible to pawn him off onto another desperate team like Chicago or Houston. Teams with piss poor FO’s might bite on a “name”. Both of those franchises look to be heading into the last year with their current regimes.

I’d do my homework on this one for sure.

Expecting the old Todd Gurley to be on the field for Miami though wouldn’t be my focus.

Basically the question is: Do you want to buy a 2nd or 3rd round pick from the Rams? I threw out the same scenario with Zona's David Johnson and received the same reaction.

Love the player but he was hurt often in college and now in the pros. He misses too much time.
According to many posters in here, that is the quintessential "generational talent" and someone like that should be acquired whatever the cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rams are in a horrible position.

They have most of their cap space tied to 4 players with huge cap hits: Donald ($36 mil), Goff ($25 mil), Gurley (17.25 mil) , Cooks ($16.8 mil) AND that's not even including what they're going to spend on Jalen Ramsey. Ouch.

I dont see how they can even consider giving up Gurley + their 2nd round pick to anyone. They dont even have their 1st round picks for 2020 and 2021.

The Rams set themselves for failure. I think Jalen tries to jump ship when he sees how fast it's sinking. I for one hope he comes home to Tennessee.

Gurley is still young and could put together a great 4 or 5 year stretch, similar to Ricky Williams time in Miami. However Miami's not in a real position to take advantage of that window. Gurley needs to go to a team in the contend now mode. He would be scary with the Seahawks and could do for their running attack and offense what Marshawn Lynch did when he was younger. With Russell Wilson leading the Seahawks offense, dpposing defenses couldn't just sell out on stopping the run.

ESPN Rams reporter Lindsey Thiry believes the team could attempt to trade Todd Gurley this offseason.

Edit: this post was created with the intention of us taking on Gurley’s contract as well as a high draft pick in exchange for the Rams receiving cap relief ala Osweiler to the Browns years prior.
Hahahahahaha, you serious??? That dude is a quitter.What made you think that’s a good idea LOL
Again, draft running backs every four years, use them abuse them, run them in the ground and don’t pay them. Wash rinse repeat

Every second contract to a running back is atrocious. Tennessee is about to make the same mistake with Derrick Henry. Dallas made the same mistake with Elliot.

Difference is, Zeke will live up to it.

funny the dumbest ideas stay at the top of the FH forum. oh wait...my bad

The rams are toast. They missed their window. McVay is done surprising people

Back
Top Bottom