Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital?

Kev7

Active Roster
Reaction score
ESPN Rams reporter Lindsey Thiry believes the team could attempt to trade Todd Gurley this offseason.

Edit: this post was created with the intention of us taking on Gurley’s contract as well as a high draft pick in exchange for the Rams receiving cap relief ala Osweiler to the Browns years prior.

Last edited:
Contract is one of the more atrocious ones in the game, I'm a UGA guy but his knees are already starting to trail off his effectiveness. Of course the Rams want to off load his **** contract and bad health, they are in a bad cap spot but doubt anyone wants to take it all on.

Given his contract has 3 more years at ~$14.4M annually I don’t see the Rams being able to trade him. There isn’t a large market for injury prone backs nearing the end of their prime (widely considered ~30 for RB) on albatross contracts. Given the cap issues the Rams are going to have with their irresponsible spending the past few years I think they might be forced to give up picks just to get him off their books.

Feel very confident in our ability to find RB's late in the draft. While some mocks have us taking one early, I dont believe we will in the first. I'd jump all over Dobbins in the second if available though. Love that kid!

if we want a broken down, injury prone running back who is not going to get 4 yards a carry i would prefer to save the cash and get Jay Ajayi.

Love the player but he was hurt often in college and now in the pros. He misses too much time.

Back
Top Bottom