Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital?

I think it’s prevalent that teams now seem to favour splitting carries in the backfield as we have seen with the Niners.

Very few backs can stay the course and keep producing for 4-5 years which is over the average lifespan of a RB. If we were to take Gurley, I’d still expect him to split carries with another back we take from the draft.

Basically the question is: Do you want to buy a 2nd or 3rd round pick from the Rams? I threw out the same scenario with Zona's David Johnson and received the same reaction.

People generally aren’t that bright.

yes this is only a dumb thread if you dont read what its actually supposed to be about. This is actually a damn good thought process, bumping cause your feelings got hurt isn't though.

They dont have a 1 this year...and that is a lot of money to take on. So i would say we need their 2 this year #52 and maybe a 6th. or their 2021 1st rounder.

I would also accept their 4th this year and their 2 for next year. we have to spend our cap anyways this year. And as far as us helping the Rams.

BUT BUT BUT, i would wait til about 2-3 weeks into free agency before i did this. no point in tieing your hands together too soon.

agreed, but they don’t have a 1 next year either.

I suggested taking their 2022 1st to help further our stock pile.

agreed, but they don’t have a 1 next year either.

I suggested taking their 2022 1st to help further our stock pile.
After looking at his contract, it appears it would cost around 20 million to buy the pick.

Seems like a high price on the face of it, but if he turned out to be a "workhorse" for two years, it would be worth it. That's a huge "if", though.

Sure if they send Gurley and a 1st we’ll take that contract

$20 mil to buy the pick. Lol glad that’s not my money.
Not saying I'm in favor of it, but if he was able to be a very good back for us for two years, it would probably be worth it.

Having said that, I don't see how it would make sense from the Ram's point of view to give up a rd1.

Not awful if the Fins get a high enough pick and the Rams eat enough of that contract. Doubt that'll ever happen though

No. I still don’t know why he didn’t play much in that SB. When he did get touches NE had no answer for a couple do those crack back runs. He must be running on fumes. I find it very curious that since the lead up to that SB until now there is no straight answer as to what’s up. That tells me what’s up is he’s hurting and will never be the same. As others have said, just draft your RBs.

How about swapping R. Jones for Gurley, with us receiving a 2nd to boot?

I would take a no legged Gurley over what Ballage showed us last year. Throw in a 2nd and I'd be happy.

I love the "no-legged Gurley" reference. It's similar to the post somebody made about Charles Harris being "a unique type of player that gives you the same production whether he's on the field or inactive for the game".

Hard pass on Gurley.

However, I'm all in for signing Derrick Henry and OL via FA and using the draft for Tua and defense.

Tennessee was the only team to offer DeMarco Murray big money. And that still did not stop them from drafting Henry. Meaning I dont think he goes anywhere.

Now who shakes loose? Tannehill or Conklin? And I see Conklin wanting to goto a contender.

Back
Top Bottom