Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital?

We take gurley
RAMS give us there 2nd round this year and we give them our third round pick
With their second round pick we take Dobbins or swift
Now we have Gurley/Dobbins or Swift as RBs

why? I have no right to be dumber than the concept of this thread?

Mods can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's frowned upon to simply "bump" threads. If a thread is still relevant it will be responded to and bumped through natural conversation, not somebody spamming "bump"

The Rams aren't going to give up a draft pick - let alone a premium one - for another team to absorb Greg Gurley's contract when there is zero difference in dead cap between a trade and a release.

Basically the question is: Do you want to buy a 2nd or 3rd round pick from the Rams? I threw out the same scenario with Zona's David Johnson and received the same reaction.
That's because it is either over the posters heads, or they're not taking time to read the entire post. By the third page I had to go back and re-read the original post because I was starting to doubt I read it right. Everyone went crazy when we did the same thing in November with Rams. It's basically cash for draft picks and someone who could possibly help us.

Last edited:
The Rams aren't going to give up a draft pick - let alone a premium one - for another team to absorb Greg Gurley's contract when there is zero difference in dead cap between a trade and a release.
Who's Greg Gurley?

If you mean Todd Gurley, I believe you are incorrect. The only thing they would be on the hook for if they trade him, is the prorated signing bonus portion (4 mil). If they cut him, the dead cap is 13 mil.

I don't think it makes much sense, in any case, but they would realize some cap room.

As an aside, the way the contract is structured is actually pretty team friendly. There is a 7 mil roster bonus, so cutting him isn't a killer.

Im going to plead misleading thread title. It says "Gurley in exchange for capital". Sounds like a trade

There;s another component to this trade that's very important that wasn't stated. We would get a 2nd Round pick and Gurley (Guarantee money owed) and we send a 4th Round pick. Easy call there.... Heck Yes!!!!

There’s about a $13.05M difference between cutting and trading him. Granted not a PJ1 cut.

2020 2nd rounder. Anything less and I'd hang up the phone. They are in a desperate situation, with a capped out team that has no chance to contend with their POS QB. They have to move Gurley, and they'll have other guys to get rid of as well.

I'd ask for their 2021 first, and wouldn't settle for anything less than a 2020 2nd.

Gurley looks like damaged goods to me.

There’s about a $13.05M difference between cutting and trading him. Granted not a PJ1 cut.
Exactly, and if they trade him, it actually frees 17.25 mil cap space, as I read it.

Back
Top Bottom