Bring on the season! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring on the season!

Not feeling good about the season happening.
I sure hope I’m wrong.
Dont mean to be a downer, but players blow droplets out of their mouths on every play, whether they’re getting tackled, blocking, or even running with each other. Not sure how they’ll be protected?
New types of helmets or shields perhaps?
One positive, If no season, which I’m REALLY hoping there is one, will be that Tua will be completely healed and ready to start by the time they hit the field in 2021.
Again, I hope I’m wrong in my thinking..

The problem isn't the game. The problem is meetings, practice, weight room, and everything else, pressers, etc. If therE is no MLB, I'll become pessimistic for NFL

The problem isn't the game. The problem is meetings, practice, weight room, and everything else, pressers, etc. If therE is no MLB, I'll become pessimistic for NFL
I'm not sure there is much correlation to what MLB does. Not only do they have union/owner issues, at some point in the very near future, there will not, realistically, be any point. There is more going on there than covid concerns.

I'm not sure there is much correlation to what MLB does. Not only do they have union/owner issues, at some point in the very near future, there will not, realistically, be any point. There is more going on there than covid concerns.

Yeah, let me rephrase. If MLB cancels the season because of C19 player infections, I'll become pessimistic for the NFL season

Question for the board. If the season is cancelled, how do you think the draft will be affected? First off, I don't expect that to happen but we are hearing speculation about the virus having a resurgence in September. So it might be a possibility.

Anyway, do you think the NFL would use the same order as the 2020 draft?
Well, when the NHL lost the 2004-05 Season (due to the lockout) ... They held a lottery for the ‘05 Draft. It was weighted slightly in favor of the crappier teams from their 2003-04 records, but all teams were in it. So everybody had a shot at a high pick. With the parity we tend to see in the league these days, I’d expect something similar.

:bobdole: Sooooooo ... lube up and prepare for the Pats to take Trevor Lawrence @ #1

Well, when the NHL lost the 2004-05 Season (due to the lockout) ... They held a lottery for the ‘05 Draft. It was weighted slightly in favor of the crappier teams from their 2003-04 records, but all teams were in it. So everybody had a shot at a high pick. With the parity we tend to see in the league these days, I’d expect something similar.

:bobdole: Sooooooo ... lube up and prepare for the Pats to take Trevor Lawrence @ #1
I was thinking maybe look at a teams last three years and average it out. But a weighted lottery makes sense. Hopefully, it won't come down to that.

According to the latest report, the league is discussing the possibility of individual players opting out of playing the season if they are not comfortable because of the virus. I have no idea if this will actually be an option or how many players would actually choose to sit out the season if they have this option. It just seems the possibility of playing this 2020 season gets less likely everyday because of COVID 19.

2020 Football is more important to me this year than ever before in my life.
Lets go NFL and lets go Dolphins!!
Awesome video- thanks for the post!

Not feeling good about the season happening.
I sure hope I’m wrong.
Dont mean to be a downer, but players blow droplets out of their mouths on every play, whether they’re getting tackled, blocking, or even running with each other. Not sure how they’ll be protected?
New types of helmets or shields perhaps?
One positive, If no season, which I’m REALLY hoping there is one, will be that Tua will be completely healed and ready to start by the time they hit the field in 2021.
Again, I hope I’m wrong in my thinking..
Well, it seems like the resurgence is happening early here in California. It will be interesting to see what September brings. Kind of surprised that MLB is planning to start up soon.

Back
Top Bottom