Bring on the season! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring on the season!

That will only happen if there is a vaccine and I wouldn’t expect that to happen anything soon.They will be lucky if they can have 15,000 fans in the stadium because of social distancing.
Don't bank on a vaccine coming before 2021. I am originally from Australia and still follow the the NRL (national rugby league) in Australia. Bear in mind where here in the US we've had over 100,000 deaths from the pandemic, Australia has only had 102. However, they have strictly followed the advice from the epidemiologists and only just recommenced their NRL season last weekend. What is significant is that they did it to empty stadia, ie they considered the risk of failure to adequately avoid spreading the virus to be too great (and this is in a country where only 7000 odd persons contracted covid-19 and 102 died). All countries have approached the pandemic differently, but the US is playing with fire if it permits crowds without adequate social distancing, particularly at a time when a second wave is projected. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL took a risk averse approach by having the stadia empty and just playing the games for TV audience. They take a big loss in terms of attendance revenue but just rapidly ignoring risk and escalating loss of life would be terrible.

Last edited:
One thing I'll really miss with the empty stadiums is crowd noise. It will be very odd to watch the games. I'd guess it will slightly help road teams.

I'm looking forward to the season, if there is a season. I'm all for empty stadiums, if it comes down to that. We need to not only protect the players and coaches, but the fans. If they are testing players and coaches on a weekly basis and taking temperatures on a daily basis, I can't see how there isn't a season. Fans on the other hand shouldn't be allowed until a vaccine becomes available or if fans have been tested and are determined to be immune from the disease.

As for the season itself, hopefully Miami picks up right where they left off!!!

Five Oklahoma State football players were diagnosed with Coronavirus today. Without a vaccine, which is likely years away even if they are lucky enough to develop a vaccine, this is going to be a major issue with both the college and NFL football seasons. If it was during the football season, Oklahoma State would not be allowed to play for as least two weeks while all the players and coaches on the team would have to quarantine for 14 days because they would have been exposed to the virus by being around these 5 players.
I think games will be cancelled in the NFL and in college because of entire teams being under quarantine during the season. It won’t surprise me if the 2020 seasons for the NFL and college football aren’t eventually cancelled because of the virus.

Last edited:
Don't bank on a vaccine coming before 2021. I am originally from Australia and still follow the the NRL (national rugby league) in Australia. Bear in mind where here in the US we've had over 100,000 deaths from the pandemic, Australia has only had 102. However, they have strictly followed the advice from the epidemiologists and only just recommenced their NRL season last weekend. What is significant is that they did it to empty stadia, ie they considered the risk of failure to adequately avoid spreading the virus to be too great (and this is in a country where only 7000 odd persons contracted covid-19 and 102 died). All countries have approached the pandemic differently, but the US is playing with fire if it permits crowds without adequate social distancing, particularly at a time when a second wave is projected. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL took a risk averse approach by having the stadia empty and just playing the games for TV audience. They take a big loss in terms of attendance revenue but just rapidly ignoring risk and escalating loss of life would be terrible.
What most people fail to realize is that there has never been a vaccine developed to prevent any type of Coronavirus. So the chances of actually developing a reliable vaccine to prevent Covid19 is extremely small. The issue with Covid19 is something we are going to be dealing with for years, not months. I think fans going to stadiums hoping to see the stands full are merely playing with fire if that happens.

What most people fail to realize is that there has never been a vaccine developed to prevent any type of Coronavirus. So the chances of actually developing a reliable vaccine to prevent Covid19 is extremely small. The issue with Covid19 is something we are going to be dealing with for years, not months. I think fans going to stadiums hoping to see the stands full are merely playing with fire if that happens.
Looks like a yearly vaccine, similar to the flu shot and I just read we should have it(100,000,000 doses) by the end of 2020. It won't help much this season but things should be more "normal" next year

Good discussion guy just be sure to limit the virus comments to how it relates to football
If you want to talk about it in general there is a thread in the political section

Thanks

As Florida begins to open up again, we had the largest one day increase in the number of Covid19 cases reported today. I just don’t see how the NFL can realistically expect to fill their stadiums with fans without
a reliable vaccine.
In fact I will be totally surprised if any sports league actually have a complete season in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom