Brobible.com is reporting | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brobible.com is reporting

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
According to an article in Brobible.com many of the top college players are going to opt out of playing the 2020 or 2021 college football season to avoid Covid 19 and concentrate on the upcoming NFL Draft in 2021.

Surprised MLB is on schedule to start the season at the end of July. I know players can opt out, but that's a hard call for those bottom of the roster guys who have to prove themselves. Not sure how travel can be safe right now either with the numbers still growing.

I can’t see how there can be a ‘normal’ college season, and it’s been mooted for a while that if it’s a shortened spring season that many top players will skip it in favour of something like regular controlled pro days.

For the very top prospects it would be the smart play to rest on their laurels and just wait for the Draft.

Trevor Lawrence does not owe Clemson anything at this point.

But I am not sure any but the Top 5-10 type guys would benefit from not playing.

I do not understand why the NFL is refusing to push back the Draft if NCAA FB starts later but I would hope that they will come around eventually. It just makes sense.

Usually the NFL tries not to piss off their free developmental system.

No but I’m guessing he got in Etienne’s ear and convinced him to come back for an easy title run with Burrow and Tua gone to the NFL. Might owe him an apology.

I don't know about that but I never understood Etienne's decision. He got bad advice from someone.Obviously the Pandemic was unforseen but it was still a mistake to choose another year at Clemson over the NFL. A business mistake anyway.

At that position you have to start earning as soon as possible, the clock is ticking on RB's.

I think he would have been the 1st RB off the board.

I don't know about that but I never understood Etienne's decision. He got bad advice from someone.Obviously the Pandemic was unforseen but it was still a mistake to choose another year at Clemson over the NFL. A business mistake anyway.

At that position you have to start earning as soon as possible, the clock is ticking on RB's.

Definitely would’ve been the first RB taken IMO and I was a big believer in CEH all year.

Of course the Trevor Lawrence stuff is speculation on my part but ones gotta believe they are close in order for Travis to have made that boneheaded decision.

One of the worst decisions in recent memory about going pro or not. If Dabo or anyone on that coaching staff talked him into staying, they didn't have Etienne's best interests in mind. He's risking life changing money at an extremely vulnerable position for what? Unfinished business?

A top 10 prospect as well.

I would expect many more, especially guys who are Round 1 type prospects.

It is the smart move, I would not trust athletic programs with so much money at stake to protect the player's health and safety.

A top 10 prospect as well.

I would expect many more, especially guys who are Round 1 type prospects.

It is the smart move, I would not trust athletic programs with so much money at stake to protect the player's health and safety.
According to Matt Miller, there are more players to come. The Athletic reported it was expecting a good amount of college players to opt out. Just a matter of time, is what Matt Miller said.

Back
Top Bottom