Brock Berlin--Saban connection? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Berlin--Saban connection?

pvgolf32

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With almost every player Saban has drafted/signed as an undrafted FA there has been a connection to Saban, he knew the player's game well. I then remembered that Brock Berlin was a stud in high school, and went to a Louisiana Chrisitan High School if I remember correctly. Therefore, it seems lkely that Saban remembers Berlin dominating in high school, and still has an image of him as a player with incredible ability.

pvgolf32 said:
With almost every player Saban has drafted/signed as an undrafted FA there has been a connection to Saban, he knew the player's game well. I then remembered that Brock Berlin was a stud in high school, and went to a Louisiana Chrisitan High School if I remember correctly. Therefore, it seems lkely that Saban remembers Berlin dominating in high school, and still has an image of him as a player with incredible ability.

:roflmao: Training camp fodder, nothing more

pvgolf32 said:
and still has an image of him as a player with incredible ability.
The only thing Brock Berlin has that could be classed as incredible is his penchant for lobbing the ball up for grab at the 1st sign of pressure, as mentioned the guy is camp fodder nothing more

Berlin is only competeing for a spot on the PS.

lol if berlin were our starting QB he would play twice as good as Feeley and Fiedler last year just playing average.

Brock Berlin is nothing more than a young Jay Fiedler. Hes undersized, weak arm, and makes poor decisions. The only reason I think Saban brought him in was because he is a local guy.

Phinz420 said:
lol if berlin were our starting QB he would play twice as good as Feeley and Fiedler last year just playing average.

Now THAT ladies and gentlemen is a rediculous comment.

I would love to hear how you plan to back this up.

pvgolf32 said:

I think the more likely scenario is that Saban watched film of Berlin at UM and saw a guy with superior leadership skills who won some huge games and brought his team from behind on his shoulders several times to win games they should have lost.

Those are called intangibles; and when you combine those qualities with good mechanics and a good arm, you have someone that good NFL coaching can work with given time.

NaboCane said:
I think the more likely scenario is that Saban watched film of Berlin at UM and saw a guy with superior leadership skills who won some huge games and brought his team from behind on his shoulders several times to win games they should have lost.

Those are called intangibles; and when you combine those qualities with good mechanics and a good arm, you have someone that good NFL coaching can work with given time.

Well, we have to remember that Nick recruited him in attempt to get him to attend LSU. Nick also coached against him during his first two seasons when he played at Florida. I think a lot of people are completely overblowing this signing. This guy was not signed to be the starting quarterback of the future. He's just a quarterback that Nick wants on the roster for the time being so he can see what he really has. When this guy was at Florida, he was actually going to be the starter over Rex Grossman in 2002. There wasn't a lot of difference between Brock and Rex while at Florida, and Rex became a first round pick. Nick probably remembers that Brock did complete 60% of his passes for 11 touchdowns and 1 interception for a 173.6 QB Rating as a sophomore at Florida. Basically, much better numbers than the numbers Adrian McPherson put up as a sophomore at Florida State, yet some of you wanted to take that bum in the second round.

IMO, a lot of what you saw from Brock Berlin at Miami goes to the lack of development offensive players have had there since Coker started losing Butch's recruits. Take guys like Ryan Moore and Kevin Everett for example. Both were highly, highly recruited players coming out of high school, and they flashed their ability as a freshman. They haven't improved though, and I believe it is an indictment of the offensive coaching at Miami right now.

KB21 said:
IMO, a lot of what you saw from Brock Berlin at Miami goes to the lack of development offensive players have had there since Coker started losing Butch's recruits. Take guys like Ryan Moore and Kevin Everett for example. Both were highly, highly recruited players coming out of high school, and they flashed their ability as a freshman. They haven't improved though, and I believe it is an indictment of the offensive coaching at Miami right now.

The offense has been very stagnant since Coker took over. You are right about Berlins intagibles.

I still think that Berlin is pretty mediocre, but so are the rest of our QBs so he should fit right in. I actually think Sage is our most talented QB on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom