Brock Osweiler ASU Quarterback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Osweiler ASU Quarterback

I also like Osweiler....I think Weeden probably is a little ahead of him right now, but I think Osweiler has a lot more upside....he can improve his mechanics and footwork. He might be worth drafting with one of our third round picks if he is still on the board. Someone may take him in the second.

Don't like this kid at all not really sure why just not feeling him. Though if we take him I will root for him till the end.

Not feeling this kid. That's one of the worst throwing motions I've ever seen. He's 6'7" throwing like he's 6'2".

He does have a 3/4 release point. Do not know if there is anything you can do about that.

I read somewhere that he has been working on his release this winter-spring. He was quoted as saying that he is throwing over the top now. His height can be a nice advantage. He has to embrace it and stop playing 6'2".

When I look at Osweiler's release, it looks a lot like Phillip Rivers, Charger's QB,,,it comes out looking a little weird....I think it is because of Osweiler's footwork. If Osweiler can plant his feet better he probably won't have the 3/4 or sidearm motion where it looks like he is slinging the ball. He is pretty accurate though, and if a good QB coach could work with him I think he can correct it.....it is not as bad as Tebow's motion where he drops the ball down to his waist before making his throwing motion.

It doesn't matter whether you throw it sidearm, 3/4, or over the top as long as you get full extension of the throwing arm at the elbow.

The reason the ball doesn't come out of his hand correctly is because his elbow is so low that it's actually below his arm pit. There's no way to get full extension like that.

Unlike Osweiler, Phillip Rivers gets full extension of the throwing arm at the elbow by getting his hips involved in the throw. If you overstride like Osweiler does, you can't get your hips involved in the throw, your lower body is restricted.

Reps. Reps. Reps.

Outside the two TD throws at the end of the 1st half not much else impressed me. Telegraphed his throws far too often and lacked the ability to show progression of targets. It seemed as though if his #1 wasn't open it went straight to the back in the flat. Also, despite his quick (albeit awkward) throwing style the ball doesn't seem to rocket to the target. For me this kid is a blank slate, you bring him in and try to create a good QB on a super tall, athletic body (can't teach height, right?). No chance I'd take him any earlier than the 4th but I'd hold off until the 5th.

Back
Top Bottom