Brock Osweiller Is The Back Up Quarterback For Heavens Sakes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Osweiller Is The Back Up Quarterback For Heavens Sakes

gerrym51

Active Roster
Reaction score
As i posted on another post-why so much Brock hate.

He's the back up quarterback playing on veterans minimum. He made 29 million off his Houston contract.

He's here because he wants to play and succeed. Money is not his issue.

If Ryan Tannehill was available then it would be different BUT Tannehill is not available. Unless you want to use the 3rd stringer who has no body of work to judge on Brock is it.

The only chance we have for play-offs is Brock at the moment. If Tannehill ever comes back it would be different but he's not here. 2019 is not here. The 2018 season is here. Is Brock great-no. But he's our best quarterback at the moment.

I remember back in 2002 Fiedler went down in Denver game and we were 5-1. Backup had to come in and keep us afloat. Ray Lucas wasn't up to task and went 1-3 over the 4 games he started. We missed the playoff by a game at 9-7. You really need the backup to go 2-2 which Brock has done. Now expecting your backup to play more than 4 is tough. We'll see where we go from here.

good backup so far

Brock gets a lot of heat, but he and Tannehill are really interchangeable, either one could be the backup.

Big difference being Brock has 7 rushing yards this season where RT has 91. This offense would be much better with RT or any competent athlete at QB, having a statue like Brock limits your options from a X's and O's standpoint. Brock has been decent in the pocket, similar to RT even, but this offense really needs an athlete back there right now because the oline is so suspect. We need the D to show up big again on Sunday, sadly that is the strength (barely) of our team right now imo.

Brock gets a lot of heat, but he and Tannehill are really interchangeable, either one could be the backup.

I don’t think there’s a world where Brock and Tanne are interchangeable. Tannehill has much more talent.

The fact that they even appear interchangeable is the very reason why Tannehill has been such a disappointment.

Then again, I think Gase’s offense would make Tom Brady seem interchangeable. What QB could possibly stand out dinking and dunking their opponents to life and their fans to death?

say what you will about the Jets game, but Brock avoided what has come to be known as the Tanny Breakdown in the fourth quarter.

I don’t think there’s a world where Brock and Tanne are interchangeable. Tannehill has much more talent.

The fact that they even appear interchangeable is the very reason why Tannehill has been such a disappointment.

Then again, I think Gase’s offense would make Tom Brady seem interchangeable. What QB could possibly stand out dinking and dunking their opponents to life and their fans to death?

Ironically this utterly disappointing QB very likely would have won 11 of his last 13 had it not been for 1 very unfortunate injury to Tunsil and 1 horrible decision by Tannehill. Still can't believe we lost that game, why didn't Gase just f****** run it on third and 1 with Gore!!!

Good point, although Tom Brady is the master of dinking and dunking....it's sickening.

Perfect backup QB IMO...

Agreed, he fits the profile nicely. Serviceable, can win a few games. Although if one could guarantee the starter would be out for no more than 3 games Fitzpatrick would be nice. The problem then is not being fooled into thinking he should start and getting to that 5th game where he throws 7 picks and accidentally scores on his own team - twice.

A healthy Tannehill is the choice for quarterback. My point is Tannehill is NOT here. Osweiller is HERE-though he is not great. Fales MIGHT be better but he has no body of work to look at.

Like it or not until Tannehill comes back-which is not looking good for 2018 season-Osweiller is it.

ummm...Tom Brady

Back
Top Bottom