Bromell signs with Vikings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bromell signs with Vikings

both are more valuable and younger than the replacements everybody is calling for.

Give me Mixon and LoBro over Sinclain and Burnett anyday.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I wouldn't give either of them more than the vet. min. :D

We gave Bromell 1.5 million last year. Now we are in deep dog crap at DE because the draft is crap for DE's and there is no one out there in the FA market at DE. If someone doesn't come available June 1st. We are screwed.

You'll be wishing we still had Bromell when all those QB's are sitting back there laughing at our line for 5-6 seconds and J.T is being double teamed every down.

We will still have Gardener at DE and David Bowens will be just as good as Bromell and won't have all of those dumb penalties.

DG could be an absolute flop at DE, he is by no means a guarentee anywhere on the line, anything we get from him this year, in my opinion is a bonus.

DBowens has proved nothing in this league, sure he has potential, but hasn't produced even close to the level of Mixon or Bromell. He probobly has more pink slips than sacks.

DE IS a MAJOR hole on this team right now.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
DG could be an absolute flop at DE, he is by no means a guarentee anywhere on the line, anything we get from him this year, in my opinion is a bonus.

DBowens has proved nothing in this league, sure he has potential, but hasn't produced even close to the level of Mixon or Bromell. He probobly has more pink slips than sacks.

DE IS a MAJOR hole on this team right now.

He couldn't be worse of a pass rusher than Mixon. He is a lock at DT. He could be a Pro Bowler if he started all the games at DT.

I don't see what "level" of production Mixon has achieved as a DE. He is a backup DT who makes a bad DE.

booyeah..........

Originally posted by booyeah_

He couldn't be worse of a pass rusher than Mixon. He is a lock at DT. He could be a Pro Bowler if he started all the games at DT.

I don't see what "level" of production Mixon has achieved as a DE. He is a backup DT who makes a bad DE.

Exactly:yell:

Watch a game tape of Kenny Mixon before last season, when he thought he was a pass rusher, and watch him anchor the LDE spot. There was a reason we defendeed the run so well, and Mixon was a big part of that. Dude is very strong and a very intelligent player who contains VERY VERY well(again, when he has the weight on).

His ability to slide over to DT just shows his versatility, which is a great asset.

I really don't see why people are so down on Mixon, he was a rock. He job wasn't to rush the passer, you have to realize that. That is why we had situational pass rushers behind him, it is all part of the dline rotaion.

I think we all need to think for just a minute when it comes to saying that our young career backup DE's will automatically just step in and replace the guys that have left with no drop off.
Let's compare this to the DT situation last year.
Very similar.
Last year we had Hailey, and Grant, that had shown flashes of being able to make plays in very limited duty.
When the injuriies hit the DL and these guys now had to step in and play for more than just a couple of plays here and there, they did not get the job done for the most part.
Everyone was raving about our "depth" at DT last year.
We quickly found out that potential is just that.
So before we all go on the same "well we have D-Bo and O-Gun"
bandwagon, let's just remember what happened last year on our DL.
That being said, I do think that these two guys do have potential and am hoping that they will get the job done, but I still think that we need to add one proven vet DE that we know has a track record of performing in game time situations.
This way, we can still develop D-Bo, and O-Gun, and if they do step up and perform, then it is a win win.
On the other hand, if they struggle, we still have the vet that can get the job done, hopefully.
However they do it, one thing for sure: we can not go through another year of no pass rush and no run D. If we do, we can kiss any hopes of going further in the playoffs goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom