Broncos To Release Running Back C.j. Anderson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Broncos To Release Running Back C.j. Anderson

Anderson played when Gase was an OC in Denver..... if the money works this is a done deal.

Philly had 3 backs last year. Worked out pretty good for them.

Completely different situation with Blount on a one year mercenary contract, Corey Clement undrafted and Darren Sproles as a third down back. Sproles tears his ACL and a void is created where they went and traded for Ajayi. That's why one of them had to go at season's end.

Going into the season with a young feature back, a possible hall of fame veteran, adding a third veteran in his prime earning and performance years is unlikely. Hard to envision he's willing to make that kind of sacrifice. If he is, great, that's what propel's teams to championships.

At this point I just want us to draft a RB. There are several good RB's in this draft that would be much cheaper and it'd be a fresh apple right off the tree instead of picking yet another apple off the ground

this

We've had good luck (Miller , Ajayi ) drafting RB's in the mid to late rounds. I'd like to see one in the 4th or 5th round

Rashard penny would be a dream, no to Cj not a fan

with CJ and Gore we would have two of(if not THE two) best pass-blocking backs in the league

fill the roster before the draft. If chub gets drafted because he’s bpa you figure it out. I don’t think having 2 older running backs deters a team from having 2 younger ones. Nobody carries full backs anymore.
There goes my dream of drafting Chubb or Michel.

I’d love to pick home up. There’s no need to have a workhorse back that gets 25 carries a game.

Spread it out, keep guys fresh and let them all play.

Yup. So many advantages to even distribution ... injuries aren't such a blow, different guys with different skill sets can be creatively used, they become more affordable come re-signing time, prolongs careers, etc.. Multiple guys getting touches is the smart way to do it in today's NFL.

(Side note, I could see this as another reason to move on from Ajayi being he wouldn't be cool with that type of scenario. I can get behind why they did it. It's when and what they got in return where I take exception.)

Bring him in, he's still relatively young and is a good player. Drake, Gore, and CJ is solid, if a good rb like Penny slips in the draft I might pick him and cut Gore but aside from getting a steal in the draft I'd be set at rb

Yards from scrimmage...

Jarvis Landry started 16 games - 980 yds
Kenyan Drake started 6 games - 883 yds
Kenny Stills started 16 games - 847 yds

A bit disingenuous to compare a running back
to a wide receiver when a running back has 2 ways to
acquire yards while a wide receiver has only 1 for the most part

A bit disingenuous to compare a running back
to a wide receiver when a running back has 2 ways to
acquire yards while a wide receiver has only 1 for the most part
Not really, for example Antonio Brown had close to a 600 yards lead on DeAngelo Williams, Julio Jones had close to 300 on the nearest RB...

In our example, Drake also spotted 10 games to his WRs....

Not really, for example Antonio Brown had close to a 600 yards lead on DeAngelo Williams, Julio Jones had close to 300 on the nearest RB...

In our example, Drake also spotted 10 games to his WRs....
You keep keying on the 10 games when he wasn't a starter. He still played and received a high number of snap counts in many of those 10 games. He was top 20 for snap count avg, just a few spots behind workhorse Gore and Ajayi, for 2017. Just because he wasn't "starting" doesn't mean he didn't have opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom