Brown Bias | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown Bias

DOLFANS UNITE AND DECIDE.....BROWN,BENSON,or CADDY ???

• RONNIE BROWN 4.4 speed,size,good blocking,versatility

Votes: 65 61.9%
  • CEDRIC BENSON 4.5 speed,workhorse,decent hands,1000 yard standard

Votes: 26 24.8%
  • CARNELL WILLIAMS 4.5 speed,quick,decent hands,cutback agility

Votes: 14 13.3%

• Total voters

dolfreak

RoNNiE 4 MVP
Reaction score
I'm not lying when i tell you guys that I had Ronnie Brown as the future #2 FIN PiCK wayyyyy before the combine. I had him as a future Fin in my head when I tuned in to an Auburn game about 2 years ago to see a guy named Carnell "CADILLAC" Williams. The real reason i'm watching this Auburn game against Tennessee is b/c i wanted to see one of the "stud" rb's in college at the time b/c the Fins obviously lost Ricky</////////////>Williams. We will need one of these RB's in the future I thought to myself so I carefully watched that game and specifically Cadillac. What I saw from Carnell was pretty good. He's quick, smart, a little iffy at blocking and ok at receiving, but as soon as they put in this Big,Dark Visored, Huge "backup" that was unknown to me at the time....WoWwww!!! All I knew about him at the time was that he had the words BROWN on his jersey and that he was BIGGG. His first play out on the field he moves in motion to slot WR....hut hut....he takes off and runs a perfect skinny post towards the middle of the field and Jason Campbell(next Fin QB, LOL ) hits him for a 27 yard completion. Nice i said to myself, next play he's in blocking for Carnell,who's back on the field. Ronnie takes care of an OLB with ease, allowing a hole big enough for Caddy to get 4 yd. Carnell runs off to the sideline and in the very next play as soon as they handed BROWN the ball he runs through a DE OFF TACKLE and burst into this MLB for a 9 yard gain, plowing him and pushing for another 4 yards!!! He then gets the ball again and runs a sweep left where he stiff armed two guys off him and then he just TOOK OFF toward the line !!!! I knew at that moment that I had to keep an eye on this kid!!!. He was AMAZING. And you know what, he was obviously not a backup anymore b/c he stayed on the field the rest of the game at RB, a little FB, and twice again lined up outside a either SLOT or WIDEOUT. I love players that can play it all, and he certainly fit the bill. And Dont get me wrong about the BROWN BIAS b/c At the time my 5 fave College Rb's were:

1.Darren Sproles, KSU
2.Cedric Benson, Tex
3.Kevin Jones, VT
4.Carnell Williams, Auburn
5.T.A. McLendon, N.C. State

But guess who then made the list at number 6.....RONNIE BROWN !!!!!!

And as the years have gone by, all the other RB's in that list have moved down in the draft and he's moved all the way up to #1. I saw him take over for that backfield when Caddy was gone for the year. He is the most versatile back i've seen since i've been watching all those RB's i named above. If we're picking a RB at # 2 it's either RONNIE, or Cedric. that's the only way i see it. He can be a RB,FB,Slot Wr and maybe even a pretty decent WR. Hope you guys could see more Auburn games to see what i mean.

BROWN vs. BENSON
in 2005 who will prevail ???????

You checked them out in the Auburn vs. Clemson game? The last time Auburn played Clemson was in the '98 Peach Bowl when Ronnie and Cadillac were still in High School. ;)

I agree with you though, they both will be great.

The real reason i'm watching this Auburn game against Clemson is b/c i wanted to see one of the "stud" rb's in college at the time b/c the Fins obviously lost Ricky</////////////>Williams.

fins lost ricky less than one year ago, bud

i voted for caddy because i just got tired of voting for ronnie on these things. haha.

Caddt ran the same 40 time as Brown, not a 4.5.....and add amazing vision to Caddy list of things.

knight6jb said:
Caddt ran the same 40 time as Brown, not a 4.5.....and add amazing vision to Caddy list of things.

You cant tell these people this..........There locked in to whatever gets spread around by word of mouth as opposed to facts. thats all right. Truth will come home someday. :o

finfan54 said:
You cant tell these people this..........There locked in to whatever gets spread around by word of mouth as opposed to facts. thats all right. Truth will come home someday. :o

This board was extremely pro Benson until the combine. Is the combine so important that the consensus on this board will change on a dime?

thepoolboy said:
This board was extremely pro Benson until the combine. Is the combine so important that the consensus on this board will change on a dime?

To most on these boards, yes!

Im really getting turned on to the Ideal of drafting brown.

Like i said, the combine just solidified the notion that he's the best prospect for RB

dolfreak said:
Like i said, the combine just solidified the notion that he's the best prospect for RB

How, he ran the same time as Caddy, Caddy had a better shuttle. On top of that Caddy put on weight, Caddy showed he can catch at the Senior bowl practices. All Brown did was run a good 40 (same as Caddy), and was said to be faster (with his unofficial) and everyone jumped all over his nuts.

I was almost jumped on the Brown bandwagon b/c the supposed 4.32 40, but I didn't, and then it was said that it wasn't official. Why exactly does everyone love him? Have you watch his games, study his skills, looked into his ability watching clips and films? No, most people just are on the bandwagon b/c Kiper and everyone jumped on it.

Back
Top Bottom