Brown falling/Maybe Benson?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown falling/Maybe Benson??

touborg

Board Linebacker
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Messages
4,437
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm just really impressed with how no one seems to even have a remote clue as to what we are going to do. Like finsnchips said, last year it was pretty obvious who we would take, but this year everyone seems clueless.

Good job Saban!
 

finfan54

Active Roster
Joined
Aug 3, 2002
Messages
26,167
Reaction score
28
The more I think about it, the more I like Edwards with Chambers and Booker. Very nice threesome.
 

finfan54

Active Roster
Joined
Aug 3, 2002
Messages
26,167
Reaction score
28
For RB, the guy who Saban really likes is Caddy. He has kept his mouth shut since guys like me made it known that caddy was the guy that Gruden and Saban love. Once a peep got out about that, the little piece about Brown being the guy came out. Why do you think that was? All you people salivating over Brown are playing right into Sabans hand. I believe Saban wouldnt mind having Brown at #2 at all, but I think of the RB's he likes Caddy most of all. I also think he is intrigued by Edwards more though since this draft is heavy in RB. Its all gonna come out on draft day or day before draft day. It comes down to 3 picks IMO at #2 and that is Edwards, Smith, and Caddy. Just my opinion.
 

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
21,325
Reaction score
7,685
Location
Weeki Wachee, Florida
finsnchips said:
I have copied this from the 'Ask Boomer' thread. I think it is very relevent, and deserved a new thread.

I am not suprised that rumours such as this are flying about. Following the combine, Brown wowed everyone and shot up draft boards. It is of no suprise to hear the Ronnie may be falling a bit because he is a 'clumsy' straight ahead runner. I believe that he has some moves, but he has poor vision and, quoting an NFL scout from an article I read yesterday, 'may run into the back of blockers from time to time'. I still hope that we draft him.

I am suprised by the Benson talk though. I've seen him go as low as #14 in some mocks recently... who knows, maybe we could trade down with the Bears?

Where have you seen Brown falling compared to Benson or Williams?

Other than from Boomer of course.

The thing is all three runners have flaws, none of them are worthy of the #2 pick IMO. We won't be drafting a runner at #2, I think Sabans comments about "long term value" make that clear. A runner is more of a short term value kind of player due their shorter careers on average.

One thing I am totally convinced of, Bensons character, his lack of speed, his poor showings in big games, assures me Nick Saban WILL NOT spend the #2 pick on him.
 

jbond

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2003
Messages
2,068
Reaction score
4
Age
47
Location
Melbourne, FL
Boomer said:
I think in the end the Eddie Moore pick will turn out OK.

so do I but at the time.....everyone's response was....."who?"....
 

kingfin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
534
Reaction score
0
I think all the RB are just ok,but the best one in my mind will be C.Williams.Brown and Benson are power backs.Williams is pretty strong too.He can break a long one any giving sunday.
 

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
5,039
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Location
England
BlueFin said:
Where have you seen Brown falling compared to Benson or Williams?

Other than from Boomer of course.

The thing is all three runners have flaws, none of them are worthy of the #2 pick IMO. We won't be drafting a runner at #2, I think Sabans comments about "long term value" make that clear. A runner is more of a short term value kind of player due their shorter careers on average.

One thing I am totally convinced of, Bensons character, his lack of speed, his poor showings in big games, assures me Nick Saban WILL NOT spend the #2 pick on him.
You answered your own question... just from Boomer.

You are right about the runners and the value...
 

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
May 5, 2002
Messages
16,585
Reaction score
21
Age
48
Location
London
BlueFin said:
Where have you seen Brown falling compared to Benson or Williams?

Other than from Boomer of course.

The thing is all three runners have flaws, none of them are worthy of the #2 pick IMO. We won't be drafting a runner at #2, I think Sabans comments about "long term value" make that clear. A runner is more of a short term value kind of player due their shorter careers on average.

One thing I am totally convinced of, Bensons character, his lack of speed, his poor showings in big games, assures me Nick Saban WILL NOT spend the #2 pick on him.

The PFW Inner Circle draft update has Brown falling due to reasons given in there. Thus it's not just from me. As for Benson at 7, he won't get past the Bears at 4.
 

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
8,461
Reaction score
1
Age
45
Location
Rochester, NY
Boomer said:
The PFW Inner Circle draft update has Brown falling due to reasons given in there. Thus it's not just from me. As for Benson at 7, he won't get past the Bears at 4.

Any chance we can get the Bears to trade up?

(Hey, someone had to ask) ;)
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,065
Reaction score
68
It has gotten to the point where the Bears are convinced that Miami will take Benson, so they have flown to Auburn to get another look at Cadillac Williams.

The top four of the draft is starting to take form:

1. 49ers - Alex Smith
2. Dolphins - Cedric Benson
3. Browns - Braylon Edwards
4. Bears - Cadillac Williams

Tampa Bay at 5 could go with either Ronnie Brown or Aaron Rodgers at this point. Boomer and I believe they may go with Rodgers.

At 6, I don't think Mike Williams gets passed the Titans. The Vikings at 7 will take Troy Williamson. Ronnie Brown will slide to 8 to the Cardinals, and he's the guy Dennis Green has his eye on anyway.
 

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
5,039
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Location
England
KB21 said:
It has gotten to the point where the Bears are convinced that Miami will take Benson, so they have flown to Auburn to get another look at Cadillac Williams.

The top four of the draft is starting to take form:

1. 49ers - Alex Smith
2. Dolphins - Cedric Benson
3. Browns - Braylon Edwards
4. Bears - Cadillac Williams

Tampa Bay at 5 could go with either Ronnie Brown or Aaron Rodgers at this point. Boomer and I believe they may go with Rodgers.

At 6, I don't think Mike Williams gets passed the Titans. The Vikings at 7 will take Troy Williamson. Ronnie Brown will slide to 8 to the Cardinals, and he's the guy Dennis Green has his eye on anyway.
wow... do you really see the first for taking that kind of shape. That's pretty interesting stuff. Especially both us and the Browns passing up on Rodgers.

Could we get the Bears to trade up??
 

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
21,325
Reaction score
7,685
Location
Weeki Wachee, Florida
KB21 said:
It has gotten to the point where the Bears are convinced that Miami will take Benson, so they have flown to Auburn to get another look at Cadillac Williams.

The top four of the draft is starting to take form:

1. 49ers - Alex Smith
2. Dolphins - Cedric Benson
3. Browns - Braylon Edwards
4. Bears - Cadillac Williams

Tampa Bay at 5 could go with either Ronnie Brown or Aaron Rodgers at this point. Boomer and I believe they may go with Rodgers.

At 6, I don't think Mike Williams gets passed the Titans. The Vikings at 7 will take Troy Williamson. Ronnie Brown will slide to 8 to the Cardinals, and he's the guy Dennis Green has his eye on anyway.

According to the Niner beat writer from the Chronicle they are still leaning towards Rodgers over Smith, He was on ESPN Florida on friday.

Nick Saban is too intelligent to use the #2 PICK on a player with Benson's flaws.

From everything I've heard I'd say the top part of the draft is shaping up more like this:

1. 49ers - Aaron Rodgers
2. Dolphins - Alex Smith or Braylon Edwards
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,065
Reaction score
68
BlueFin said:
According to the Niner beat writer from the Chronicle they are still leaning towards Rodgers over Smith, He was on ESPN Florida on friday.

Nick Saban is too intelligent to use the #2 PICK on a player with Benson's flaws.

From everything I've heard I'd say the top part of the draft is shaping up more like this:

1. 49ers - Aaron Rodgers
2. Dolphins - Alex Smith or Braylon Edwards

Well, the draft is only two weeks away, so we will see. I do know that Miami brought Benson into Miami this past week, and they have yet to contact Edwards about an additional workout.
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,065
Reaction score
68
finsnchips said:
wow... do you really see the first for taking that kind of shape. That's pretty interesting stuff. Especially both us and the Browns passing up on Rodgers.

Could we get the Bears to trade up??

It all depends on what the Bears are willing to give up. It will take at least their 2nd round pick along with the 4th pick to move up.
 

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
21,325
Reaction score
7,685
Location
Weeki Wachee, Florida
KB21 said:
Well, the draft is only two weeks away, so we will see. I do know that Miami brought Benson into Miami this past week, and they have yet to contact Edwards about an additional workout.

If I'm not mistaken didn't Saban miss the Texas Pro day?

We know he was in atttendence for Braylons workout.

If he did miss the workout it shouldn't really surprise that he would personally want to see in person all the top ten prospects.
 
Top Bottom