Brown falling/Maybe Benson?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown falling/Maybe Benson??

shouright said:
Right -- I think the biggest smokescreen has been in relation to Williams. NObody thinks we're taking him, and that may be just how Saban wants it.
that would be so awesome! :D

shouright said:
Right -- I think the biggest smokescreen has been in relation to Williams. NObody thinks we're taking him, and that may be just how Saban wants it.

I hope you're right...I've been losing faith.

benson baby... i got my benson jersey on reserve already... dont hate on him if we pick him you benson haters, just be glad we'd be getting the best RB of the draft...

Benson and the other 2 RBs will be gobbled up by the time the #7 pick arrives.
Chicago and Tampa need RBs just as bad as we do.
I personally favor Benson because he is a proven workhorse, Brown scares me just cause he was never the number 1 back in college and his hi draft rankings and more based on his great potential instead of what he has proven he can do week in and week out.
Of course we are spliting hairs hear arent we? We need RB bad, and any of the three is a giant step in the right direction.
I am still hoping we trade Surtain for a 2nd round pick, trade that pick to Indy or Seattle for thier stud RB, and grab the best WR in the draft with our first rounder.

arsenal said:
benson baby... i got my benson jersey on reserve already... dont hate on him if we pick him you benson haters, just be glad we'd be getting the best RB of the draft...

I may not speak for everyone, but for the most part I don't think posters on this board will "hate on" the player Saban selects, even if it isn't who we personally wanted him to take. I'm hoping for Rodgers, Edwards, or Brown. If it happens to be someone else, while I disagree with the selection, I'll become a big supporter. If it happens to be Benson... so be it.

General Tso said:
I may not speak for everyone, but for the most part I don't think posters on this board will "hate on" the player Saban selects, even if it isn't who we personally wanted him to take. I'm hoping for Rodgers, Edwards, or Brown. If it happens to be someone else, while I disagree with the selection, I'll become a big supporter. If it happens to be Benson... so be it.
if we stay at #2, any of the big 7 offensive players will do me fine.. I won't be hating on whichever one we pick... but I do have my preferences, as I'm sure everyone else does.

shouright said:

The comment I keep reading too much into was during Saban's press conference he went out of the way to mention Alex Smith coming in for a few days right after he said they were still bringing in some guys that they like. Smith was the only player Saban himself brought up by name that is a potential top 5 guy. To me that seems like a smokescreen... or maybe he knows some will think it's a smokescreen when it really isn't. Who knows!

All I know is I'd hate to be heads up with Saban at the final table of a no limit hold 'em tournament.

General Tso said:
All I know is I'd hate to be heads up with Saban at the final table of a no limit hold 'em tournament.

I wouldn't mind. After all, you're guaranteed no worse than second place, right? ;)

John Clayton Reports...

One thing is for sure: Benson came out of his visit with the Dolphins feeling as though he's not going there. He told teams after his visit that the Dolphins didn't spend the same amount of time with him as he's had on other visits. Maybe he's wrong, but that's the feel he got.
--John Clayton

I got that from ESPN Insider just a minute ago under the Rumor section. Yes, this is just a rumor and this could be Saban fooling everyone...but take this quote for whatever it is. John Clayton usually provides good insider info. My uneducated guess is that we are looking at Edwards atm.

General Tso said:
The comment I keep reading too much into was during Saban's press conference he went out of the way to mention Alex Smith coming in for a few days right after he said they were still bringing in some guys that they like. Smith was the only player Saban himself brought up by name that is a potential top 5 guy. To me that seems like a smokescreen... or maybe he knows some will think it's a smokescreen when it really isn't. Who knows!

I truly think Saban has no idea who he favors yet. I believe him when he said at his PC that they hadn't put their list together yet. He isn't going to decide until he's spoken to all his people, gotten all their opinions and he's recieved every possible piece of info on every player. I think this is the way Saban works, very systematic and objective till everything is in place to make the best possible decision. This is what has everybody messed up, IMO. How can you know who he's going to pick when not even he knows? I think a lot of us are taking it a little too far with the smoke screens and poker faces, etc.

BTW, I'd love to take Nick's money in a no limit game.

dolfreak said:
Expect R. BROWN

I would not be so sure. Saban is playing a great game of Poker right now and as frustrating as it is, it's fun and refreshing for us fans. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea in what direction we're going. I think its going to come down to the BPA and if that's the case, we will NOT be taking a RB if we stay at No. 2. Sorry Benson and Brown lovers.

shouright said:

Thats how I feel about Caddy, there hasnt been much talk about him in Miami.....setting ourselves up for Caddy in 05'!!!

Back
Top Bottom