Brown, Minter or Hightower | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown, Minter or Hightower

Why do we assume Brown is going to cost that much? 1 productive year out of 5

True, I personally think his deal is pretty unknown. I think it will be a mediocre contract. He still wont be as cheap as Minter IMO

Brown has also been a WILB in a 3-4 for most of his career. Another projection from a 3-4 defense? He played 4-3 Will for a year too I think but not MLB.

I actually like Kevin Minter. He's solid and at this point that's all we can ask for isn't it?

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Brown has also been a WILB in a 3-4 for most of his career. Another projection from a 3-4 defense? He played 4-3 Will for a year too I think.

All 3 of these guys are 3-4 guys I believe

I actually like Kevin Minter. He's solid and at this point that's all we can ask for isn't it?

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

All 3 of these guys are 3-4 guys I believe

Hightower played a lot of true MLB last year in NE but in a completely different scheme front of 3-3/5-1. He could play MLB for us, but if he were to come here he'd just be chasing money on a boring defense.

Hightower played a lot of true MLB last year in NE but in a completely different scheme front of 3-3/5-1. He could play MLB for us, but if he were to come here he'd just be chasing money on a boring defense.

You really hate our defense :lol:

You really hate our defense :lol:

Absolutely ****ing loathe it.

It's outdated and ineffective vs ZBS (which just about every team uses in some form) and the modern passing game.

We can discuss LBs til we're blue in the face but they'll still be useless vs spread teams and the NFL's evolution of standard 11 personnel packages.

It's outdated and ineffective vs ZBS (which just about every team uses in some form) and the modern passing game.

We can discuss LBs til we're blue in the face but they'll still be useless vs spread teams and the NFL's evolution of standard 11 personnel packages.

Unless we get Carolina level LBs right?

1 - Charles Harris/Zach Cunningham
2- JT Watt
3 - Corn Elder

3 starters at positions of need

That would be nice. Don't know if Watt makes it that far, but that draft start would be a win.

What about AJ Klain? Would he be a starter caliber player? I kind of like his posible price/performance ratio.

What about AJ Klain? Would he be a starter caliber player? I kind of like his posible price/performance ratio.

I don't think anybody knows how good he could be. Hes always been a backup

hightower doesn't have the range to play mike in our scheme...this would be a really bad contract on probably a 2 down player

all these free agent options at lb are marginal upgrades with long term commitments

really hope we steer clear...last thing I want is some ungodly contract I'm stuck with on some average joe lb or worse miscast even

Unless we get Carolina level LBs right?

And their DL. Even then it's not sustainable.

hightower doesn't have the range to play mike in our scheme...this would be a really bad contract on probably a 2 down player

Searching for a 3 down Mike in our antiquated scheme is as rare as landing a top 3 elite QB.

So should we be drafting/signing guys in the manner of the Cardinals? Smaller faster, or tweeners with "no real position", or just better athletes??

So should we be drafting/signing guys in the manner of the Cardinals? Smaller faster, or tweeners with "no real position", or just better athletes??

Again, that would require a scheme change. Something which the FO has made clear will not happen. We're stuck w/ our prototypes.

Back
Top Bottom