Browns are crazy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns are crazy

finmann

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Browns really want to win in this league. They bail out Houston by taking a 17 million a year QB (a bad one at that) and a second round pick. What in the hell is going on in Cleveland?

They have untold mountains of cap space and just bought a second pick... I love it.

They have about 100 mil to spend so .......

They'll still probably screw the pouch

The Browns have been awful for years even when trying to win. Now they are going for 76ers mode and tanking the season with there moves. I actually like this move. Basically paid a ton of money for a 2nd rd pick. They are gonna acquire picks and play the young guys to secure as many top picks as they can. Trust The Process!

How was this crazy? This was brilliant.

The Browns are way under the salary cap -- below the salary FLOOR, in fact, and people are turning them down to take less money elsewhere.

So what do they do? Pick up Brock Osweiler's salary to boost them toward the floor and snag some draft picks. And now they have an asset (Brock Osweiler) they can trade for even more draft picks, or bring into camp.

The Browns are inept, but this was one of the few good moves they've made.

This sounds like a total Pats move. Stockpile picks, ride up the the salary floor with Osweiler, and get two studs on either side of the ball in Myles Garrett and possibly Leonard Fournette. It worked for the Ravens with Ogden and Lewis. Or maybe trade out and get even more starters. The Browns should be a GM's dream come true.

It's amazing that they aren't good after all this time.

That was an absolutely brilliant move. I'm not up on my witchcraft, but I believe this passes the Browns curse onto the Texans.

The Hexans are a separate curse. It's a QB curse set by the football gods for the 4-year massacre of David Carr. Wouldn't it be nice if we could beat them though?

Browns have nine Top 65 picks in next two drafts

The Browns had more picks in the 2016 NFL draft than any other team. But their 2016 haul is nothing compared to what they have in 2017 and 2018.

After yesterday’s Brock Osweiler trade, the Browns now have a whopping eight picks in the first two rounds of the next two drafts, as well as the first pick in the third round this year, for a whopping nine Top 65 picks in 2017 and 2018. Here’s the full haul:

The No. 1 overall pick in 2017.

The No. 12 overall pick in 2017 (from Philadelphia).

The No. 33 overall pick in 2017.

The No. 52 overall pick in 2017 (from Tennessee).

The No. 65 overall pick in 2017.

Their own first-round pick in 2018.

Their own second-round pick in 2018.

Philadelphia’s second-round pick in 2018.

Houston’s second-round pick in 2018.

The analytics people running the Browns have prioritized acquiring future draft picks, and they’ve done it masterfully. No team in the NFL has anything close to the draft capital the Browns have over the next two years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/10/browns-have-nine-top-65-picks-in-next-two-drafts/

If they can't turn that into a winning roster than they might as well fold the franchise.

I'm pretty sure they've been in this situation multiple times.

They are a **** organization, they always have been and they always will be.

I remember thinking the same thing about the Cardinals at one point.

Back
Top Bottom