Browns Beat Those Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns Beat Those Jets

Browns have a very good D. The offense is gonna be hit or miss.

You saw the full Jarvis Landry experience tonight...

1)Runs the wrong route that makes a throw so bad it's intentional grounding

2)Has a ball hit him right in the chest and drops it

3)Makes an Incredible catch to get the ball to the one yard line

4)Cannot get into the endzone on a quick pass

5)Gets into a few scuffles on the field

5)Illegal block in the back penalty.

The Browns offense is gonna be up and down.

Jets have a very good D still too, much like last week though they hold a lot and get caught.

As for Darnold? Last year at USC he had a pension for bad turnovers. Early on that same trait is showing

How many turnovers does Darnold have in just 3 games? He's on a tear...

Would love to hear from all the posters that claimed Darnold was superior over Tannehill last Sunday.

Turnovers are killers. Give me Ryan “kinda like Alex Smith with faster legs and a bigger arm “ any day over that bum!

I will say though I’m not writing off darnold yet. Dude has no weapons and an incompetent OC.

All these young QBs in the hall of fame already.

Watson has what 10 starts, Mahomes 2 and now Mayfield is heading Canton after a half of play as well.

Ryan Leaf started 2-0 in his career too IIRC.

Mahomes looks pretty darn good. He has one of the strongest arms I've ever seen. He's playing for a QB whisperer in a system that knows how to get playmakers involved. He won't stay in the stratosphere, but he's the real deal.

As for Watson, I wasn't really sold on him last year. He's a heck of a football player but still seemed like the success he had last year wasn't typical pocket passing. Plus he was putting up numbers in losses on a team that usually wins in spite of awful QB play. Jury is still out.

All these young QBs in the hall of fame already.

Watson has what 10 starts, Mahomes 2 and now Mayfield is heading Canton after a half of play as well.

Ryan Leaf started 2-0 in his career too IIRC.

You know....you accuse me and others of nothing but negativity when it's your boy Tannehill but here you get in a dither when anyone compliments QBs who look like they are going to be forces to be dealt with and real deal NFL QBs. Seems like you want to tear them down a bit so they don't outshine RT so much.

I watched Mayfield play tonight (unexpectedly for us and HIM especially - and in a prime time game to boot), come off the bench and bring back a team down and on the verge of already packing it in for this game, lead them to a win and show real talent. IN HIS FIRST START.

Left me thinking: THAT'S a quarterback, winner & team/franchise leader.

Last edited:
Darnold is the second coming of Mark Sanchez. They're gonna ruin his confidence lol
giphy.gif

I've said Baker was the best rookie since preseason, easily the best footwork when avoiding the rush.

Would love to hear from all the posters that claimed Darnold was superior over Tannehill last Sunday.

Turnovers are killers. Give me Ryan “kinda like Alex Smith with faster legs and a bigger arm “ any day over that bum!

I will say though I’m not writing off darnold yet. Dude has no weapons and an incompetent OC.

Way too early to tell with Darnold. Having watched all three of his games I've seen all the reasons why he might succeed and all the reasons why he might bust. He is really struggling seeing defenders and is inaccurate. His supposedly unflappable confidence I find an impediment now that he's struggling since he's probably gonna face greater adversity than ever before and he may not be able to manage that. The gameplan seems to be out on him to try and get to him quick at the snap and prevent him from rolling out with impunity. Still, he has the ability to spot guys downfield and is hard to stop. If he can improve his weaknesses he will be a very hard guy to hold down for an entire game. We'll see if he does.

You know....you accuse me and others here of nothing but negativity when it's your boy Tannehill but here you get in a dither when anyone compliments QBs who look like they are going to be forces to be dealt with and real deal NFL QBs. Seems like you want to tear them down a bit so they don't outshine RT so much.

I watched Mayfield play tonight (unexpectedly for us and HIM especially - and in a prime time game to boot), come off the bench and bring back a team down and on the verge of already packing it in for this game, lead them to a win and show real talent. IN HIS FIRST START.

Left me thinking: THAT'S a quarterback, winner & team/franchise leader.

I defintely threw some compliments his way. In general i think rookie QBs have an advantage built into their first few starts with the lack of film.

It was a tailor made situation for him to look good.

Mahomes is on another level of talent. This Tannehill homer would trade RT for Mahomes in a heart beat. I like proto types.

If i'm going yo dwell on a QB my team didn't get we might as well just make this a conversation about Aaron Rodgers.

Best believe i'm going to spend the rest of my life tearing down 31 QBs a season.

Jets have two major problems as I see it right now:

1. Darnold and Robbie Anderson handing the football away like a nice three button coat at the Salvation Army.

2. Game's not going so well, Todd Bowles just stands there, looking like black Joe Philbin, while everything implodes like building 7 (totally not insurance fraud btw).

I gotta say I thought the Jets looked like a 7-9 win team after two weeks, and not to read too much into a Thursday night road game, but I'm definitely seeing these two major recurring problems.

Mahomes looks pretty darn good. He has one of the strongest arms I've ever seen. He's playing for a QB whisperer in a system that knows how to get playmakers involved. He won't stay in the stratosphere, but he's the real deal.

As for Watson, I wasn't really sold on him last year. He's a heck of a football player but still seemed like the success he had last year wasn't typical pocket passing. Plus he was putting up numbers in losses on a team that usually wins in spite of awful QB play. Jury is still out.

Mayfield, Mahomes and Josh Allen were the only QBs to register 60+ mph on throws at the NFL combine, Watson was at 49 mph which had some scouts concerned.

And after much deliberation over my flex position I decided to go with Carlos Hyde this evening.

Partially because I get double the enjoyment when the players I put in my fantasy lineup destroy the Jets.

98 yds rushing, 2 receptions for 5 yards, 2 rushing touchdowns. 24.2 fantasy points (he was projected to score 9.71).

Very satisfying all the way around.

Back
Top Bottom