Browns to Trade Down ? Everybody ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns to Trade Down ? Everybody ?

cad

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Browns | Open to Trading Down from No. 3 Pick - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:20:45 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage said the club is willing to listen to trade offers that would slide the team down from their No. 3 overall slot. "Obviously, the more the better for us, but if we come out of it with the three right picks then I think we'll be happy," Savage said. In addition, Savage noted the Browns would be willing to "to go very far down [in the first round] if we feel it's a good thing to do."

I really believe that this will be the team that trades down. With Smith and Rodgers both off the board, they will want extra picks to bolster their defense.

Jnaledu3 said:
I really believe that this will be the team that trades down. With Smith and Rodgers both off the board, they will want extra picks to bolster their defense.

Smith and Rodgers both off the board?

Yeah, I'm thinking we trade down with Tampa. They take Smith. Cleveland then either takes Braylon or trades down with someone interested in taking him. San Diego would be a good trade partner interested in Edwards.

Jnaledu3 said:
Okay, why is that funny? :confused:

Because you made the assumption that the 2 QBs will go first.

I think that someone said on espn was that if the niners take Smith that Cleveland really doesnt like rodgers so if he was there and someone wanted to trade at that point the Browns would do it.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Because you're so sure they'll be gone.
It's just his opinion.

For what its worth, I too believe that they could both be gone by #3, assuming we can trade down with the Buccs. I don't find it funny.

It's no secret that the entire top 3 are open to trading down. The difference is that the Niners have pretty much given up hope of doing so, whereas the Dolphins and Browns are still trying.

ether79 said:
I think that someone said on espn was that if the niners take Smith that Cleveland really doesnt like rodgers so if he was there and someone wanted to trade at that point the Browns would do it.
Yeah... we've got to hope that the 49ers select Rodgers.

Personally, I believe there will be much more of a clamour for Smith than Rodgers. i.e. If Smith is there, I think he'll be hard for Cleveland to pass up, leaving the Buccs needing to trade with us to get their man.

finsnchips said:
It's just his opinion.

For what its worth, I too believe that they could both be gone by #3, assuming we can trade down with the Buccs. I don't find it funny.

COULD BE is the difference in wording there.

Back
Top Bottom