Browns Wr Ricardo Louis Has Agreed To Terms With The Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns Wr Ricardo Louis Has Agreed To Terms With The Dolphins

Just ran a correlation plot in python, and surprisingly, height and weight are only correlated with each other, not even slightly with any kind of production...
View attachment 20402

They correlated to the standard.
You guys want to do whatever, anything and everything. Why don't you go to Coca Cola and tell them they are stupid and they should make beer and wine because it sells, or some wheat liquor, it's about winning.
No, they have standards.

Do we have another shouright mult amongst us?
Nah this isnt some rocket science stuff... Im just trying to illustrate common sense to someone who wont have any of it...

Nah this isnt some rocket science stuff... Im just trying to illustrate common sense to someone who wont have any of it...

No, your common sense is stupid, because it tells us nothing but, anybody can play. It's a mess, your common sense. There is no direction, there are no standards.

Once you understand the standards, then you'll understand how Bill Bellichick can get 5-10 and under, 200 lbs and under receiver, in the seventh round, and have him be great. They are easy to find.
It's because that is all it takes, a standard quick receiver. And once they start getting taller, it is harder to find players who are built in the NFL. That's the standard, and then it influences how you push the ball down the field, how you score, what protections you need. Everything is standardized.

But no, you want it to be a complete mess, everything goes.

No. That's enough sample size.

Julio, DeAndre and Davante are standards.
Kennan and AJ are not standard, and you do not draft them. As simple as that. Just scratch them off the board.

What?

You take AJ Green, a multiple All-Pro, off your board?

Keenan Allen, a probowl receiver, is not draftable?

Are you ****ing serious?

Is blatant trolling like this allowed now?

Young guy still. Might have to be the jersey that I invest my hard earned dollars into?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Young guy still. Might have to be the jersey that I invest my hard earned dollars into?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Lets see if he makes the squad first. The new DE from the AAF might be more of a lock to make the squad and maybe even start.

What did you use to do that?
Python with pandas and seaborn for the plot... This is far from in depth and I only used last seasons WRs as I was just trying to make a quick point...

Here's what the code looks like if you're interested...

import pandas as pd
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import seaborn as sns
%matplotlib inline

all_df = pd.read_csv('widerecievers.csv',header=1,index_col='Player')
labels = all_df[['Ht','Wt','Rec','Yds','Y/R','Y/Tgt']]
def parse_ht(ht):

----ht_ = ht.split('-')
----ft_ = float(ht_[0])
----in_ = float(ht_[1])
----return (12*ft_) + in_

labels['inches'] = [parse_ht(ht) for ht in labels['Ht']]
labels = labels[['inches','Wt','Y/R','Y/Tgt']]
sns.pairplot(labels,size=2)

No, your common sense is stupid, because it tells us nothing but, anybody can play. It's a mess, your common sense. There is no direction, there are no standards.

Once you understand the standards, then you'll understand how Bill Bellichick can get 5-10 and under, 200 lbs and under receiver, in the seventh round, and have him be great. They are easy to find.
It's because that is all it takes, a standard quick receiver. And once they start getting taller, it is harder to find players who are built in the NFL. That's the standard, and then it influences how you push the ball down the field, how you score, what protections you need. Everything is standardized.

But no, you want it to be a complete mess, everything goes.

He's actually only ever gotten one of those guys.

He's been coaching for 20 years and correctly selected one guy in the 7th to play slot WR.

Back
Top Bottom