Bruce Arians (hypothetical) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bruce Arians (hypothetical)

Wise Dinero

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
First time poster here and die hard Dolphins fan. Great to have this forum to discuss our Fins with you guys because I'm going through football withdrawal right now!

I have no idea how this season is going to play out. Zero clue. Im hoping for the best but as a Dolphins fan im used to the disappointment.

First and foremost is Adam Gases' job secure? What would need to happen for his job to be in jeopardy? And I'm not sure if Arians has a job right now but the man can coach. Do you think he'd be a good option hypothetically if we blow the whole thing up

First time poster here and die hard Dolphins fan. Great to have this forum to discuss our Fins with you guys because I'm going through football withdrawal right now!

I have no idea how this season is going to play out. Zero clue. Im hoping for the best but as a Dolphins fan im used to the disappointment.

First and foremost is Adam Gases' job secure? What would need to happen for his job to be in jeopardy? And I'm not sure if Arians has a job right now but the man can coach. Do you think he'd be a good option hypothetically if we blow the whole thing up

His health is the reason he retired I believe, so I am guessing his family would weigh heavy on his decision. That being said unless Miami goes 3-13 or worse I think Gase gets a 4th year.

Last edited:
No way Adam Gase is fired before Tannehill. Hopefully they both stay.

I mean Tannehill is essentially secured for 2 seasons after restructure . . . .for better or for worse.

If Gase gets “for worse” this year, he may not see the next year.

But I tend to agree it would have to fall apart, top 5 pick style, this year for a Gase to be fired, but he probably needs a winning season to avoid the secured “hot seat” label in 2019.

IF Arians would be willing to coach then I would assume he would want a solid QB.

Given that this scenario requires Gase to be fired, than I feel safe in assuming THill **** the bed or got hurt again.

If Big Ben or Brady or some former super star would come on board with him, then count me in. I would not allow Flacco to qualify though

I am sorry if things go South and Gase gets fired, no way a new coach comes in and says Tannehill is his guy. It just will not happen at least not from an established coach. It is Tannehill sink or swim time. Its time to push Tannehill out of the nest this year. It is time to fly or splat.

Gase has shown great coaching so far, so it will take a lot, or a lot of blindness to get rid of him.

Consider in 2016, with a new coaching staff, new offense, somewhat new defense, Miami started slow, and should have been it, as far as reaching the playoffs in Gase' s 1st year, but instead, Miami, dug deep, put a nice winning streak together, and got back to the playoffs after many years...if they had not lost Tannehill, Miami might have even gone a little further in the playoffs.

Last year, Gase had to deal with losing for tge season, again his starting QB, a Rookie LB that was being counted to become the glue that held that unit, Gase also dealt with an early Hurricane that stayed in players minds for a few weeks, and took away their bye week, Gase had a FA LB that felt home sick for his old team, he then had a coach that was putting a white substance up his nose.

Even with all those distractions, and potential problems in 2017, under Gase, the Dolphins for most of the year were finding ways to compete for a playoff position.

Unless huge bad luck hits Gase again this year, come 2019, Gase is going to be known as the new face of brilliant new wave of young coaches coming in.

Gase does have the IT factor that great coaches have, and he is not going anywhere, until he files for social security as he retires from a long career rivaling the great Don Shula.

GASE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON!!!
I think Ross realizes that changing coaches every few years just isn't the answer.
I also think he feels that Gase has a chance to take this team where it needs to go. If you look at the offseason moves it should be clear that Gase was allowed to build the TEAM he wants. You don't allow a coach to do that if he is even remotely on the hot seat. Just my opinion.

I am sorry if things go South and Gase gets fired, no way a new coach comes in and says Tannehill is his guy. It just will not happen at least not from an established coach. It is Tannehill sink or swim time. Its time to push Tannehill out of the nest this year. It is time to fly or splat.

Tannehill would likely be brought back as a bridge to a draft pick in 2019 and to give the new coaching staff a veteran QB year 1.

Tannehill would likely be brought back as a bridge to a draft pick in 2019 and to give the new coaching staff a veteran QB year 1.
I agree with you but if there are other vets available that will fit the new staff better, I don’t see an emotional goodbye as much as a cut Thill and sign qb x

More of a make or break year for Tannehill, but Gase could easily be fired if he gets below 7 or so wins this year.

After ridding Ajayi, Landry, and Suh from the roster and getting "his guys" in place, if he doesn't produce he could go.

GASE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON!!!
I think Ross realizes that changing coaches every few years just isn't the answer.
I also think he feels that Gase has a chance to take this team where it needs to go. If you look at the offseason moves it should be clear that Gase was allowed to build the TEAM he wants. You don't allow a coach to do that if he is even remotely on the hot seat. Just my opinion.

I think it's very much the answer if the coach you hired sucks. Not saying Gase sucks but if he was like a Cam Cameron it would be dumb to keep him just because you don't want to change coaches every few years.

As far as Arians, I like him as a coach and think he's superior to Gase but his ship has sailed and I'm sure he's not going to come out of retirement and risk his healthy...especially for a team that doesn't have an elite QB.

Back
Top Bottom