Bruce Arians (hypothetical) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bruce Arians (hypothetical)

Gase seems rooted here for the foreseeable future, changing the HC again would be counterproductive. How many HCs have Tannehill had in his short career....no way.

Gase showed me a lot this off season. He just cut whoever wasn't on board. It was simple yet quite comprehensive across the board from star players to coaches. He now has a roster full of guys he wanted on this team, and make no mistake, this is a football team. This is no longer a roster of me first, totally stat conscious players who are way overpaid and don't mind if they commit 2 or 3 penalties a game, pre-snap whatever. Gase realized that he can't win with this group and went about replacing problem areas with problem solvers. We now have players who have earned Super Bowl rings, National Championships etc. We also added a bunch of top end speed and leadership qualities. Gase is calling the shots and Big Mike has no choice but to do what Gase wants. If the team is a big success then they all look good but, and this is a big but, as opposed to a big butt, if the team tanks and fails in a big way then Tannenbaum can dodge direct blame. No matter what he will still remain a big butt in the eyes of Dolphin fans everywhere.

So long as coaches like Hue Jackson and Marvin Lewis remain employed, it's hard for me to perceive that short of 1 Hue Jackson season, Gase will be shown the door. Ross has a personal stake considering that his "secret scout" helped him identify Gase as the most viable candidate whom he then tasked Tannenbaum to deliver.

After 2016 in total and particularly his last 8 games, the only thing Tannehill has to prove is that he can stay healthy, mobile and continue to be effective rolling out. It's the OL that needs to step up; ditto the OLC.

So long as coaches like Hue Jackson and Marvin Lewis remain employed, it's hard for me to perceive that short of 1 Hue Jackson season, Gase will be shown the door. Ross has a personal stake considering that his "secret scout" helped him identify Gase as the most viable candidate whom he then tasked Tannenbaum to deliver.

After 2016 in total and particularly his last 8 games, the only thing Tannehill has to prove is that he can stay healthy, mobile and continue to be effective rolling out. It's the OL that needs to step up; ditto the OLC.
Would you mind explaining the secret scout thing further? I don’t recall hearing about this during the pursuit of Gase. It makes me wonder if this same secret scout provided insight into the attempted Harbaugh recruitment

Gase has shown great coaching so far, so it will take a lot, or a lot of blindness to get rid of him.

Consider in 2016, with a new coaching staff, new offense, somewhat new defense, Miami started slow, and should have been it, as far as reaching the playoffs in Gase' s 1st year, but instead, Miami, dug deep, put a nice winning streak together, and got back to the playoffs after many years...if they had not lost Tannehill, Miami might have even gone a little further in the playoffs.

Last year, Gase had to deal with losing for tge season, again his starting QB, a Rookie LB that was being counted to become the glue that held that unit, Gase also dealt with an early Hurricane that stayed in players minds for a few weeks, and took away their bye week, Gase had a FA LB that felt home sick for his old team, he then had a coach that was putting a white substance up his nose.

Even with all those distractions, and potential problems in 2017, under Gase, the Dolphins for most of the year were finding ways to compete for a playoff position.

Unless huge bad luck hits Gase again this year, come 2019, Gase is going to be known as the new face of brilliant new wave of young coaches coming in.

Gase does have the IT factor that great coaches have, and he is not going anywhere, until he files for social security as he retires from a long career rivaling the great Don Shula.
I pretty much agree, but I really wish he didn't insist on calling the plays, He is the HC.

Bruce wants to be a tv personality, it was predictable last year.

Gase gets a 4th year because of the sucess in year 1 but next season could certainly be his last if he has 7 and fewer wins the next 2 seasons imo. Ross is not getting younger.

I pretty much agree, but I really wish he didn't insist on calling the plays, He is the HC.
I am not so sure that Gase has the it-factor as a head coach as another poster suggested because there were just too many things going on with this football team that were clearly coaching issues but if Gase excels at one thing, it’s calling plays. I’d even say that he is the best play caller in the league.

why are we so in love w adam 7??? I am in love with winning. if they can do this I am happy. I want a SB but at lease make playoff if you cannot do that. Ross need keep looking for HC until he get it right...

You want to hire a 65 year old head coach that had cancer a few months ago?

You want to hire a 65 year old head coach that had cancer a few months ago?
Didn't know his circumstances just knew he was a hell of a coach... I'm not against retaining Gase but this season will tell us alot. Just pondering different options at the head coach position

you all know that Bilichek, whom i'm sure everyone would love to have him as coach started his head coaching career pretty similar to Gases. now i'm not saying Gase will be the next Bilichek (hoping he is), but changing HC every 2-3 years is not good. i can't help but sense good vibes for this year, last year not so much with Cutlet as QB (yikes) i think Gase is the real deal and needs to fix and purge many years of bad deals $$ and problem players. right now all the moves the fins have made look and seem very smart. Landry, Pouncy, Suh are big names who are very good players but we haven't won anything with them. the fins are filling up with fast young and much cheaper $$ FOOTBALL players.
i truly believe there will be many bright years coming to us fin fans very soon.

At this point I am not all in on Gase but I sure hope he is the coach in years to come because that would imply we are winning!

I am not so sure that Gase has the it-factor as a head coach as another poster suggested because there were just too many things going on with this football team that were clearly coaching issues but if Gase excels at one thing, it’s calling plays. I’d even say that he is the best play caller in the league.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts at this time but Gase brought in some highly touted assistant coaches which has me more optimistic so maybe he figured it out. I am ready for some one since Shula to step up thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom