Brunell our starter? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brunell our starter?

I think most of you guys have it right. We almost all agree that the Fins need to draft a QB this year to groom under Brunell (if we sign him). But the only way I see that happening is if O-Gun is signed away and they get the 1st and 3rd of the team who signs him. The they have the picks to go after their other needs (OL and WR). But I don't see then drafting a QB early unless they get those picks.
As for the draft, it's pretty deep in WR and if you look around the league there are plenty of guys starting who were mid to late round picks. And OL is pretty much gamble in any round. I just think it's important to go after skilled position players with the 1st round pick. So hopefully a QB (Rivers, Losman) or a WR (Woods, Evans, Clayton, Jenkins) will be the first pick.

Being a lefty the blind side is protected by Right instead of Left Tackle. This is good because it takes pressure off Wade Smith and allows him to come in, bulk up and play his game. Look for the kid to be mucho better this year with a full camp/ with major conditioning under his belt. This is a good year for Q.B. draft prospects so I say cut Griese and Jay and get Brunell in here with maybe Phillip Rivers. We should clean house at Q.B. That position has been taking us out of the playoffs for 2 years in a row now. After that O-Line through draft and free agency. A total freaking major push to upgrade the talent and give Tony Wise some studs to coach already. O-Line, almost as much as Q.B. has torpedoed our post season chances!! Enough already!! Once a new Q.B. is in place and some fresh horses are manning the o-line #2 wide reciever is next. We all know this stuff but knowing it and doing something about it are two different things. Let's hope the new GM is awesome and lets hope we're not sorry we kept Wanny. If there was any way Eli Manning could fall our way ..........

I think Rivers is going to be a good QB in this league. Marino had a weird release, Kosar had a weird release, look at Warner. That's just how they throw, and they were all successful. This guy is gonna be a good QB, and we can't afford to pass on him. We take him with the 20th pick, and we have another first rounder, we take the best O-lineman there is, and then take Jenkins in the third if he's there. If he's not, then we just go after someone on free agency. It'll be fine. I promise, we will have a team next year, but I'm not sayin we do anything with it. New GM, give him a year or two to get his personell in there, and then if he doesn't produce, we can complain. He's gonna want a whole new set of people on offense, and maybe a few on defense, and we have to give him a season or two to get that done.

MiamiFan1354 I agree with you 100% great points I have been thinking the same things. Having a perfect form for every throw is overrated sometimes some of the best QB have had weird delieveries in the NFL. Like you said Kosar, Marino(the man), Warner sometimes and even Favre.

i think brunell is the way to go this year. letting fiedler and griese go, promoting sage to back-up and draft for the future.

another option for drafting that i have heard is to go after henson in houston. from what i understand, they may let him go for cheap. he would seriously need a year to shake off the rust. brunell wouldn't need to worry about his starting job and sage would be there with a couple of seasons in this O.

it does make sense since we know brunell would not like coming in and possibly losing his job midseason to another rookie... some mock drafts have henson going as early as the second round though, and we wont have a second rounder without trading up(ordown), no way we take him with the first. Nobody should trade for him since he probably wouldnt sign with them, knowing that he could reenter the draft and make more money by being drafted earlier.

Originally posted by A.J. Fin

I agree 100%. Cut JF and BG as soon as we sign Brunnell. Take that money and put it elsewhere, like keeping O-gun.

Also, I wouldn't draft a QB THIS year if we sign Brunnell. He needs to come in and be able to play without having to look over his shoulder.
Let Sage back him up and hope he stays healthy. Draft to fix the WR and O-line situation, and chase a QB prospect in a year or so.

I have to make this point.

The reasoning you just had for not drafting a quarterback is the exact reason the Miami Dolphins are in the shape they are in quarterback wise. If you get a chance to get a quarterback like JP Losman in this draft, you take that chance. Passing on a potential franchise quarterback is a sin, because you might not get the chance to get another in the near future.

If you sign Brunell, you sign him knowing that he is a short term option who gives the Dolphins a better chance of winning now, but you also do it knowing you need a good young quarterback to bring along behind him for a couple of years.

I feel like we should sign Brunell draft a qb release Fiedler or Griese who ever makes the most money then you got Brunell as starter Fiedler or griese as backup and drafted qb 3. I think they would be good that away. If the drafted qb is ready if the starter gets hurt he could get some PT.

Back
Top Bottom