Bryant McKinnie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant McKinnie

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
The last draft pick finally signed a deal. He is deffinitly to far behind to make an impact this year, but do you guys think he ever will? Will the Minn faithfull ever forget that he sat out the first 7 games of the season, and how does he make it up to his team. I can't temember what other college player took so long to join a team besides Bo Jackson, but that is a different situtaion because he went to a different team. Does anyone else know of some big time hold out?

The guy is HUGE!!! A TRUE BEAST!!! It will take him a few weeks to prepare, but come December, big runs and holes for Michael Bennett, and more time for Culpepper to throw the "rock" to Moss.

Do you remember a guy named Tony Mandarich? The Packers, I believe in '89, won the right to draft who was 'deemed' the greatest OT potential in the history of the college draft, by winning their last game of the '88 season giving the Cowboys the rights to Troy Aikman. The Pack bypassed, if memory serves, Barry Sanders, et al.... and the rest is as they say history. (The dates might be jumbled here but the story isn't).

Mandarich held out much the same way this clown did, signing right before the deadline for having to sit out the ENTIRE season and never did squat. Matter of fact, once he was subjected to regular steroid testing, he lost so much bulk and strength that he could have been the greatest waste of a first round draft pick ever ... right up there with Terrell ("I am better than Jim Thorpe") Buckley.

Guys like this have no concept of 'team'. The epitomize the old lexicon that "There is no 'I' in the word "team", but there is an 'I' in 'Kiss my ass'" . I could be wrong but I'd be willing to bet that this guys doesn't pan out for the Vikes...not because I hate the Vikes, but because this guy doesn't give two craps about anyone but himself. More power to him...he's a multi-millionaire. I, for one, would sure hate to look back at the face that's staring at me from the mirror.

I still say the NFL should create a cap for rookies. They've never played one down in the NFL, they think they're still as good as they might of been in College. And we all know how college ball is different then the NFL.

Hell, look at Spurrier in Washington. He's still trying to coach college and look what's happening to his team.
I think that this llama will have his ass handed to him early and often. And that his team won't give two craps about him and his greed.

At least T-Buck made plays (for us). He was a good player.

The problem with the Redskins is not Spurrier. It's the players. He just doesn't have the players required for his system. None of his WRs can create seperation. And therefore, his top two QBs are inadequate (since they can't force a throw into a tight spot). And Ramsey is a rookie who really doesn't seem to be in Spurrier's plans. The offensive line is also pretty suspect. In a year or two, I see the Redskins as a force.....as long as Spurrier gets the players.

As for the defense, there are a couple of holes IMO. But I think the problem there is heart and attitude more than anything.

He will be useless to them this season. First he has to learn the playbook and then he has to play the toughest posistion on the line. This was really stupid to hold out this long.

Amen.

What I found funny was how fast he signed after that trade talk started up. :lol:

Originally posted by Muck
At least T-Buck made plays (for us). He was a good player.

Yeah, he did. Problem in Green Bay is that he came in talking **** right from the git-go. That really doesn't play well in Green Bay. It may have worked for Deion, whom Buckley idolized, but not in an area like Northeastern Wisconsin ... it MAY have flown if he hadn't been nicknamed "toast" after the 5th game. :)

Back
Top Bottom