Bua at safety?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua at safety??

Finfolife

Scout Team
Reaction score
He is way to slow (size) to be playing in the safety position. Tillman, Jones much better at the safety position.

He's alittle small for a starting safety, but his speed is fine IMO. His best asset is on special teams where he can make tackles in the open field. I would be very confident with him starting at S however....

We need to sign Lance Schulters. End of story....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Finfolife said:
He is way to slow (size) to be playing in the safety position. Tillman, Jones much better at the safety position.
I think that safety is a better position than LB for him - and he just does not have the size that Saban likes in his LB's. I would be concerned if he was starting at safety though. Special teams may be his forte.

Finfolife said:
That was last year. Our defense was designed around speed.

Get with the times...it ain't so anymore. Our current system needs smart, aggressive players and size does matter. Bua would likely be matched up with a TE in pass coverage and would be heavily involved in run stoppage...with an occassional blitz off the edge.

More zone defense. Bua makes sense as a strong safety.

Bua probably is a better Saftey than a linebacker. He may be a bit small but he has proven that he has the speed, open field tackling ability and has the big play ability. Would I start him? No, but if someone gets hurt he could step in and force a few turnovers

One thing Bua has in his favor, is his love for the game. That's undeniable, and sometimes that's all it takes to be an effective player...

PHINZ RULE!!!

BUa will more then likely just play ST's. His speed will only hurt him while convering someone and i doubt that he will be doing that. IMO he will be fine at playing zone, so he wont have to run all over the field while covering.

Well see how it turns out. Saban knows how to utilize his players, I liked him better at the LB position. WAR FINS!
PhinstiGator said:
That was last year. Our defense was designed around speed.

Get with the times...it ain't so anymore. Our current system needs smart, aggressive players and size does matter. Bua would likely be matched up with a TE in pass coverage and would be heavily involved in run stoppage...with an occassional blitz off the edge.

More zone defense. Bua makes sense as a strong safety.

4.65 40 time. That's not too slow to play strong safety, by any means.

40times don't match football instincts. If Bua can show ball instincts then he will be a decent backup SS. Remember Bua is a true FOOTBALL PLAYER. Saban likes hardworking players who will lay it on the line for you.

Back
Top Bottom