Bua forgotten? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua forgotten?

West-Fin_Fan

Regular Browser
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of these threads where people are proposing possible lineups, scenarios, personnel usage and starting/rotating defensive rosters. I don't see Bua mentioned. What gives? Yeah, he's a Wanny pick up, but roth is a Saban pick up and they sound like the same exact type of baller. Let's work him in Nick!

West-Fin_Fan said:
I've been reading a lot of these threads where people are proposing possible lineups, scenarios, personnel usage and starting/rotating defensive rosters. I don't see Bua mentioned. What gives? Yeah, he's a Wanny pick up, but roth is a Saban pick up and they sound like the same exact type of baller. Let's work him in Nick!

o.O.

Roth and Bua are nothing alike outside of intensity. In fact Bua's been moved to safety.

Unfortuanately... I dont think that Bua and Pope have much of a future with us.

Yes, Bua has been moved to safety, but I believe that he doesn't have the speed and coverage skills, although he will hit hard.

Derrick Pope did alright last year when he spelled for Zach but he is small and if you look at Pope 6' 230 next to Channing Crowder 6'2 250 you can see what Saban wants out of his LBs.

Bua has a life-time ticket into my H.O.F. for the Bryce Fisher hit. I don't really give a damn if all he does is sit on the bench so long as he produces something like that once in a lifetime.....before that Pats game, that hit made the season worthwhile.

HysterikiLL said:
Bua has a life-time ticket into my H.O.F. for the Bryce Fisher hit. I don't really give a damn if all he does is sit on the bench so long as he produces something like that once in a lifetime.....before that Pats game, that hit made the season worthwhile.
amen... I would like to see Bua around for a long time because of his STs ability.

Bua hasn't been forgotten but at the same time he is what he is. I can't see Bua being more than a situational and special teams player and he may struggle this year as it is his first year at safety at the pro level.

I think Bua will get a legitimate shot to play SS this season. He was a safety in college and has excellent instincts close to the line of scrimmage. So much in fact that Wanny thought he would make a good LB.

I think he will play behind Tebucky at the begining, but I wouldnt be surprised if he gives him a run for his money as the season progresses. Nick didnt draft any Safeties which makes me believe hes comfortable with the guys he has.

Im rooting for him.

finsnchips said:
Unfortuanately... I dont think that Bua and Pope have much of a future with us.

Yes, Bua has been moved to safety, but I believe that he doesn't have the speed and coverage skills, although he will hit hard.

Derrick Pope did alright last year when he spelled for Zach but he is small and if you look at Pope 6' 230 next to Channing Crowder 6'2 250 you can see what Saban wants out of his LBs.

I think Pope can really play, and he's got a year under his belt with alot of action. Crowder is still just a draft pick with bad knees. Pope will get a shot here.

Now Eddie Moore..........

if he doesnt win a spot on defense as a back up i definatly think he will make the team for atleast special teams. he excels at it because its the only time u can just run around and drill somebody. there are players that barley play other than special teams. you need these guys because they are good at it and are a low risk to the team if they get hurt. we cant have all our starters out there. there will be guys who make the team just for special teams and i guarentee Bua will be up on the top of that list.

Bua will be here.He was just drafted last year.I don't see his salary being that high.Saban will give him a shot and I bet he makes the roster.Even if he's ust a special teamer like Izzo in New England.

He is the kind of safety that Saban likes, but his lack of range is a little scary in the pro game...Saban could do things to hide his defiency, but he could be exposed. He was a safety before being moved to LB, so he probably has some of the instincts needed. He should be, if nothing more a ST maven for us...I'd love to see a guy with his intensity running up and down on KRs and PR coverages...Kind of reminds me of a faster Larry Izzo...

LarryFinFan said:
He is the kind of safety that Saban likes, but his lack of range is a little scary in the pro game...Saban could do things to hide his defiency, but he could be exposed. He was a safety before being moved to LB, so he probably has some of the instincts needed. He should be, if nothing more a ST maven for us...I'd love to see a guy with his intensity running up and down on KRs and PR coverages...Kind of reminds me of a faster Larry Izzo...

He will likely play closer to the line and I dont think he will be in a lot of 3rd and longs...

Bua and Pope are still young, jeez give the guys a chance. I can't believe people are writing them off already :shakeno:

Bua is also a small LB, 5/11 I think. Saban likes his LB big(recent draft and FA pickups are examples) Lazy1 hit the nail on the head, I don't see Bua being any more than a situational player or special teams player.

Back
Top Bottom