Bua is like Lynch on Gunpowder! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua is like Lynch on Gunpowder!

raving

Active Roster
Reaction score
With Bell you get a finesse athlete who knows how to get around the ball. He's quick and if he can take that next step athletically he is going to be a superior player.

Bua is the guy I want to see at FREE Safety with the coaches rightfully instructing him to GO TAKE SOME HEADS OFF! Blitzes that blind side the QB and launches at wide receivers and runny backs with the intention of making that player wake up somewhere(s) on the sidelines with smelling salt under his nose and ringing in his ears!

You gotta LOVE BUA! That guy is AWESOME! He's like Lynch on a steady diet of Gunpowder!

Lynch is a bit taller than and just a few pounds heavier than Bua, so I don't see why it couldn't logically work.

He's good, but don't go too far he hasn't even played Defense on gameday yet he has been a ST player with some nice hits, I love the guy and think he will be great and hope he will be better than Lynch but don't make bold predictions just yet.

I understand the comparison, but Lynch can also make plays in coverage. If Bua can learn to play under control and not become a younger version of Kennoy Kennedy than yeah it's a good comparison.

I'm so curious to see Bua starting at safety, though saban will probably draft someone and think he'll be a backup..I hope he prove himself

One good blind side hit on special teams and he's comparable to a pro bowl safety. I don't know.

Lynch is taller, bigger and lays bigger hits and he was faster than Bua at 25. Bua is physically not that good but neither is Zach Thomas so we will just have to wait and see if he can perform in coverage because we know he can hit hard. Whether he will even get on the field apart from ST is yet to be seen also.

Lynch is like 6'2 230. He is a truck at STRONG safety. He was never the fastest but is very very smart and a verbal leader and motivator of the secondary. And Bua would never play FREE safety, that is more of the coverage safety and would not play to his strengths.

I'll be very surprised if Bua ever gets a start at either of the safety positions. He's a great special teamer, and should make a strong career out of that (ie Larry Izzo, Scott McGarrahan).
Maybe he can provide depth at the position in case of injury, but I don't see him as a starter now or anytime soon.

saves said:
Lynch is like 6'2 230. He is a truck at STRONG safety. He was never the fastest but is very very smart and a verbal leader and motivator of the secondary. And Bua would never play FREE safety, that is more of the coverage safety and would not play to his strengths.

agreed - bua already has his work cut out for him at s.s. - and you want to put him at f.s.? youre name isn't bryce fisher is it?

ChambersWI said:
I understand the comparison, but Lynch can also make plays in coverage. If Bua can learn to play under control and not become a younger version of Kennoy Kennedy than yeah it's a good comparison.
Kenoy Kennedy is my favorite safety in the league, I love how he lays people out consitentally.

Bua would be a SS, not a FS. Bua can hit but can he cover? I know people want to like him so they want to see him do well but I dont really expect much from him. A great ST player is enough out of him, he can be our Larry Izzo.

Dolfan2788 said:
Lynch is taller, bigger and lays bigger hits and he was faster than Bua at 25. Bua is physically not that good but neither is Zach Thomas so we will just have to wait and see if he can perform in coverage because we know he can hit hard. Whether he will even get on the field apart from ST is yet to be seen also.

Zach Thomas isnt good any more?

fisnfan0018 said:
Zach Thomas isnt good any more?

No he's saying that although physically Thomas doesn't have the specs to be a dominant linebacker, he has been for years. Bua is not as tall, big, and fast as Lynch is but he may be able to perform well, despite his lack of physical specs.

Back
Top Bottom