Bubble Bursting | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bubble Bursting

Bjorn

Go Giants
Reaction score
Not to burst anyone's bubble but it seems like there are alot of people on here that are fans of Kay-jay Harris. I am not saying thats bad I liked him as a prospect and I like him as a Phin. There is one thing though he did go undrafted so there is obviously something there that other teams wanted to avoid. So these threads I am reading about Harris beating out Brown and Harris just running people over are abit foolish IMO. I think he will be a great ciompliment to Ronnie if Ricky doesn't come back or even if he does come back for that matter I just think that we are to hyped up on him right now. Because not to be an @ss but I think he could be destined to bust or atleast never be able to be a starter. Remember just my opinion.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Not to burst anyone's bubble but it seems like there are alot of people on here that are fans of Kay-jay Harris. I am not saying thats bad I liked him as a prospect and I like him as a Phin. There is one thing though he did go undrafted so there is obviously something there that other teams wanted to avoid. So these threads I am reading about Harris beating out Brown and Harris just running people over are abit foolish IMO. I think he will be a great ciompliment to Ronnie if Ricky doesn't come back or even if he does come back for that matter I just think that we are to hyped up on him right now. Because not to be an @ss but I think he could be destined to bust or atleast never be able to be a starter. Remember just my opinion.

Priest Holmes went undrafted. enough said.

b_hjelmeland123 said:

I have never heard of a UDFA bust...

Agree 100 per cent, last year we all swore that fred russell would be special bla bla bla, he was cut, JR tolver, same thing. So yes, the thing is wait til they are practicing with pads, it is a ver strong possibility that harris does not make it, and there is a possibility that if he does, he does behind brown and gordon. So we should not be putting him in Canton just yet.

Could be a bust. But actually the reason he probably didn't get drafted is his injury history...If he stays healthy, he's a tremendous back...Better than Brown ? No... Better than RW (assuming he comes back to play, not just to reneg on the $8.6 mil) No.... Better than Morris ? Maybe...

I still to this day un-sure why he didnt go drafted, He was the 5th rated RB....So i mean im not really sure at all

But with ronnie tiring out that D and then putting Kay Jay in to punish them is going to be my favorite part of watching the dolphins

By the way, im a huge Kay Jay fan!!!!!!

Harris is also 26+, he will be 30 before his rookie contract is over and 30 is the start of decline for most RB's, hence why he didn't get drafted. He was productive in his time at UWV..

one of the main reasons he went undrafted is because of his age, he's 26 about to turn 27 and at that age you're close to your physical peak as far as football is concerned that's why nobody wanted to spend a draft pick on him because they can pick up a guy that weighs 230 and if they draft him at 22 they have 4 years more to mold him into what they want him to be

godfater21 said:
Priest Holmes went undrafted. enough said.
So have around 4000 players, and most of them had a nice career in NFL Europe. Enough said.

he's 26 and runs like his 20....

Some people think he's going to turn out bad for us....Alls i can say is just wait....Time will tell and you all will see Kay Jay in action!

we should not be putting him in Canton just yet.[/QUOTE]

Heck I haven't even put him on the team yet I think he has the abilities but he has to prove to me he can play in the NFL just as much as he has to do to Saban. I try not to get my hopes up too much on players although Ronnie Brown is gonna shred every defense in the NFL.

Quelonio said:
So have around 4000 players, and most of them had a nice career in NFL Europe. Enough said.

My point is just because he was undrafted doesn't automatically make him a flop.

godfater21 said:
My point is just because he was undrafted doesn't automatically make him a flop.

I didn't say he was gonna be a flop I just said that we have to much hype about our undrafted free agents. Like I said before I am happy to see him a phin but he did go undrafted so in all likelyhood he won't be a pro bowl player. I know there are people like Priest Holmes out there but they don't come everyday and I'm sure there are people out there just as good as Kay-n Jay but they just couldn't make the transition and that is why they don't have houshold names.

I think Kay Jay is a good player, but he is getting more attention than anyone we drafted aside from Brown. How many threads about this guy do we need? I definately agree there is way to much hype around him. He might win the spot as our thirdd runningback, and I hope he does. He will never be a starter for the Dolphins. I am not trying ot be a prick, but I just dont see how or why he is garnering so much attention

I didn't want to spend a draft pick on a 26+ year old injury prone RB, but at FA bargain basement price it's a fine pickup. What happened with the other WV RB, Otis Wilson's son? I think he was in this draft. I still can't get over him trampling the Miami reserve safety on the catch and run late in the Thursday night game in 2003.

Back
Top Bottom