Buc fans or people in Tampa Bay.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buc fans or people in Tampa Bay....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Before I start talking bout TBuck coming back...does anyone know why he was cut? Not just suggestions but facts. I would really like to know why they made this move...could it be he's lost some touch or dedication because he has a SB ring? or maybe they needed to make room for someone else on the roster...I dont know but anyways.....any bucs fans or people in Tampa...please let us know.

I tried but this was all I got http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGA9MXPQL5D.html
O but here it is from http://www.buccaneers.com/newsroom/newspage.asp?newsid=2421&backpage=

Buckley was one of the last veterans to join the team before training camp, agreeing to a one-year contract on July 8 to compete for a spot in the Bucs' nickel and dime packages. An 11th-year veteran, he had played previously for Green Bay, Miami, Denver and New England, winning a Super Bowl championship ring with the Patriots last season. During the preseason, Buckley played in all four Tampa Bay games and contributed five tackles, one interception and one pass defensed. His waiver is apparently an indication that the team is sold on rookie CB Tim Wansley and former XFL and NFLEL standout Corey Ivy.

"It was a tough decision," said Gruden again. "Terrell is a good player. Tim Wansley stepped up to the plate and made some big plays, physical plays and he can play on special teams. Corey Ivy's overall versatility in this defense as a nickel guy that can play in the slot, he understands our blitz package, understands the run entry from a nickel corners alignment and can play on (special) teams, which in the end swayed us to go in that direction."

It's not that T-Buck couldn't cut the mustard. It's just that the Bucs are high on those two kids. Tampa just decided to go younger. T-Buck is still good to go.

Originally posted by Muck
It's not that T-Buck couldn't cut the mustard. It's just that the Bucs are high on those two kids. Tampa just decided to go younger. T-Buck is still good to go.

once again, do wannspiel want to sign the guy who snubbed them? hell you may see wannspiel be patient and wait for something to happen to one of those young kids from tampa.

I don't think he "snubbed" us. He just went to where they were offering more playing time.

Since he'd still only be playing the 4 or 5 cback, why would TBuck want to come back here? It's my understanding that playing time is the only reason he turned us down last time.

He will be the fourth corner coming in and i wouldn't be surprise if he becomes nickel back by second game...

Originally posted by 32yrfinfan
Since he'd still only be playing the 4 or 5 cback, why would TBuck want to come back here? It's my understanding that playing time is the only reason he turned us down last time.

Because it beats not playing at all. We will get T-Buck for the vet minimum.

His stats showed he can still play even though they are preseason...He may not start here, but I hear Jamar is still not ready for the nickel slot. So let TBuck man the slot CB role and give Jamar ANOTHER year to learn. Next year Jamar had better be prepared. He will have a decent year, then leave via free agency...:rolleyes: ...Anyways, TBuck can come in now and make an impact. He will cost us less, and be a positive example to the youngins' Omare, Ray, and Jamar...

TBuck probably gives us a better dime CB than Shawn Wooden does. And he could even supplant Jamar in nickel situations...which would have me ready to lynch Jamar of course.

exactly corrects CK. buckley can play man to man and when teams like indy and the jets put 4 guys out their you want good man to man cover guys. we play a lot of bump and run tight in your face coverage and t buck can do that...

he could easily take fletchers spot and give fletch more time to develop.

. first round picks for this team suck!!!!!!!!!!!

all the way back to eric kumerow ....... even gardner can kiss my behind they paid him gigantic money and his back was and is shot. 3 epidurals in the last few weeks alone and he still isn't ready.. Avery , yatil(though i am a hurricane fan and he was super in college) just unlucky on that one........

sign t buck he is a durable smart corner............

Why would you want to lynch Fletcher?

... if T-Buck was to replace him in the nickel package? I would see it as a good thing. All I've seen of Fletcher this pre-season is solid play.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
TBuck probably gives us a better dime CB than Shawn Wooden does. And he could even supplant Jamar in nickel situations...which would have me ready to lynch Jamar of course.

Then obviously you haven't seen all of the preseason. I'll wait til he gets victimized badly in the reg season to boo the man but it doesn't look good...

Either way it sounds like the main reason TBuck didnt make the team is special teams. He's an old guy. He can't play STs. The two young dudes who the Bucs kept both can.

I've watched every game...

... and every play. I asked one person to give me a bad play of his and all he was able to show me was a 15-yard pickup in the Bears Game. Fletcher missed the JAM at the LOS and used the sidelines to recover. All in all I'd say it was a positive thing as far as his progression as a NFL DB.

I think you all are way too critical of someone that has shown nothing but potential. INT's are not the only thing for a DB.

I remember ppl like you all when Madison and Surtain were coming up. Trying to compare them to T-Buck and JB Brown, gimme a break!

By the way I have no doubt you'll be waiting, you seem to be out for Fletcher. I think you need to understand it's understood some ppl are very biased against Fletcher. Please point out this BAD play of Fletcher in this pre-season or last year for that matter? He started 2 games and he played solid.

Surtain, Marion and Wooden have been nothing but human toast this pre-season and all some of you want to talk about is Fletcher who has been nothing but solid.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Then obviously you haven't seen all of the preseason. I'll wait til he gets victimized badly in the reg season to boo the man but it doesn't look good...

Either way it sounds like the main reason TBuck didnt make the team is special teams. He's an old guy. He can't play STs. The two young dudes who the Bucs kept both can.

Back
Top Bottom