Buccaneers WR Charles Lee to meet with Dolphins Monday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buccaneers WR Charles Lee to meet with Dolphins Monday

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sptnews31033105mar31,1,2452378.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines
Tampa Bay wide receiver Charles Lee is set to meet with Miami Dolphins officials Monday. The former UCF standout has started eight games the past two seasons with the Buccaneers and finished with a combined total of 48 catches for 639 yards and two touchdowns
He isn't much of a WR, but he would help bring strength to the competition for the last WR spot. He is a big WR at 6-3, 227lbs.

This guy was supposed to challenge for a starting spot this year. He's talented that's for sure I would think a FS would be a better signing right now.

Jaj said:
This guy was supposed to challenge for a starting spot this year. He's talented that's for sure I would think a FS would be a better signing right now.
I really don't know much about Lee, that is why assumed he isn't that great. However he did start a few games last year.

Everyone was clamoring for him during TC. He played well for the Bucs. I believe he had one outstanding preseason game? Seemed like a talented guy.

More Lee news from the Sentinel

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolphins31mar31,0,4994966.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front
The Dolphins are expected to entertain their first wide receiver on a free-agent visit this offseason when Tampa Bay's Charles Lee meets Monday with team officials.

A five-year NFL veteran, Lee has started eight games the past two seasons with the Buccaneers and finished with a combined total of 48 catches for 639 yards and two touchdowns. The 6-foot-3, 227-pound Lee played at Homestead High and the University of Central Florida before being selected by Green Bay in the seventh round of the 2000 draft.

Lee, who also has drawn interest from Cleveland, could fill the roster spot created when wide receiver David Boston was released earlier this month. The Dolphins had expressed some interest earlier this offseason in ex-New York Giants wide receiver Ike Hilliard, but no free-agent visit was scheduled.
Maybe I was wrong about him just being a TC body. Sounds like he might compete(if signed) with Thompson for the 3rd WR spot.

he's not great. I watched basically every game Tampa played this season, and he didnt really standout or do anything of any real substance for that matter. Gruden was supposed to resurrect his flagging career after he left GB, but he didn't really show anything. I mean, if Tampa has shown no interest in re-signing him, and they need receivers badly, why would he be of interest to us? I'd be much happier just keeping Gilmore

I'm surprised that Tampa wouldn't really try to keep him....he was highly spoken off here in Tampa.

The word for Charles Lee is consistency. He doesn't show enough of it. But he has a LOT of potential as a WR and yes I've seen him play on multiple occasions. He's capable of dominating a game even at his current skill level. But he is not consistent. That is what Gruden can't stand. He wants consistency.

Dudeman said:
he's not great. I watched basically every game Tampa played this season, and he didnt really standout or do anything of any real substance for that matter. Gruden was supposed to resurrect his flagging career after he left GB, but he didn't really show anything. I mean, if Tampa has shown no interest in re-signing him, and they need receivers badly, why would he be of interest to us? I'd be much happier just keeping Gilmore

I would have to say you didn't read the local papers....he was always spoken well of by Gruden. I would think it has to do with Tampa's cap more than what he did or didn't do on the field.

fishypete said:
I would think it has to do with Tampa's cap more than what he did or didn't do on the field.

doubtful, considering that he was in no position to demand a big deal...besides, they resigned Joey Galloway, why did they use that money for a younger Charles Lee if he thought so highly of him?

Dudeman said:
doubtful, considering that he was in no position to demand a big deal...besides, they resigned Joey Galloway, why did they use that money for a younger Charles Lee if he thought so highly of him?

Galloway is a burner....and just a hunch on my part....The Bucs are thinking M. Williams....so Lee became expendable. Lets remember the Bucs had their own cap problems...you can't keep everyone.

Back
Top Bottom