Buckley to the Bucs - It's Official | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buckley to the Bucs - It's Official

Chisel Monkey

See Nick Run,Run Nick Run
Reaction score
Buckley to the Bucs?

Are with that close to signing T-Buck after all?

Bucs talk with CB Buckley
By DARRELL FRY, Times Staff Writer
© St. Petersburg Times
published July 7, 2002
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free-agent cornerback Terrell Buckley, a member of the Patriots' Super Bowl team last season, is close to signing with the Bucs.

Buckley, who played at Florida State, has been talking with the Broncos, Lions, Bucs and Dolphins, but wants to play for a Florida team (he previously played with Miami) and is leaning toward the Bucs.

Barring last-minute snags, an official announcement is expected as early as Monday.

Buckley who wants to be a starter, is drawn to the Bucs because of coach Jon Gruden, whom he worked under while playing with Green Bay. Buckley and Gruden have had ongoing discussions and recently met in Tampa, where Buckley worked out for team officials.

The 10-year veteran joined the Patriots last season. He also has played for the Broncos. He has 41 interceptions, including three last season.

Buckley, 31, seeks a multiyear deal, which some teams have been reluctant to offer. It's likely he'll sign with Tampa Bay for the league minimum of $750,000, which only will count roughly $450,000 against the team's salary cap. The Bucs also are considering a handful of other free-agent cornerbacks.

:stooges:

The only thing that TB could offer that we can't is playing time. All things being equal, he'd come back to us. I'm not believing it until he actually signs.

Originally posted by Muck
The only thing that TB could offer that we can't is playing time. All things being equal, he'd come back to us. I'm not believing it until he actually signs.

I agree....

i thinkl tbuck could have made us such a better team!! this sucks...imagine this set...Madison, surtain, fletcher, buck, freeman, and marion... We would be un passable

Originally posted by Muck

He might be using Tampa to get more money out of Miami. Either way it is no big deal. If Miami needs T-Buck that bad, it doens't say much for Speilman since signing T-Buck must mean the coaches don't think an awful lot of Jamar Fletcher.

T-Buck is old. If he comes, fine. If he doesn't, no big deal.

Originally posted by TedDanson

He might be using Tampa to get more money out of Miami. Either way it is no big deal. If Miami needs T-Buck that bad, it doens't say much for Speilman since signing T-Buck must mean the coaches don't think an awful lot of Jamar Fletcher.

T-Buck is old. If he comes, fine. If he doesn't, no big deal.
i agree.

i am no fan of tbuck as i remember 99 only to well and anyone who thinks he handled his issues with miami ok is either kinding themselves or has a short memory.

he even fanned the flames of dan in 2000 along with his reason for surtain passing him on the depth chart to his teamates, the press, fans, and anyone who would listen to his sour grapes.

i really believe he wants playing time anyways, so that would put signing here secondary ;) on his list.

DR also said that TB was headed to TB (kind of fits?) tonight. He said as an alternative, the Dolphins may sign Donovan Greer.

I just checked his stats. Someone please tell me that there is more to him than just having one interception in 48 games.

Originally posted by Miamian
I just checked his stats. Someone please tell me that there is more to him than just having one interception in 48 games.

If your talking about Greer then no there isn't more to him.

tbuck should sign with tampa if he has a chance to start...with fletcher and green stepping up we should be fine... werent we going to sign donovan greer last year?

If Tbuck doesnt come who else could we sign I am not comfrtable w/Omare Lowe I think he shouldve been off the team by now.

Back
Top Bottom