Bucks Offer Max Deal To Michael Reed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucks Offer Max Deal To Michael Reed

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I'm with finfansince72. He's got the same philosophy has David Aldridge. Max contracts should be reserved for Tim Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, ect. Redd is a solid player but not a max player. If an owner is willing to pay him that, more power to Redd, I just don't personally think he is worth it and I would let him walk before I paid him that!

If only 5 players are worth the max and come along every 2 years then your team will have a hard time paying players what they are worth when teams with caproom can offer much more. Funny that a Yankee fan is mad that NBA owners might overpay for 25 year old that finished 11th in scoring ahead of Shaq, Garnett, and many other Max Players. Some would agrue that Derek Jeter is overpaid compared to other players...

Did you read my post stupid? Where did it say I was mad the Bucks were willing to over-pay for Redd? I said if he can get it, more power to him but IF I was the Bucks owner I would let him walk. Shooting Guards who can score are a dime a dozen, I hate to break it to you. He may have scored more then Garnett and Shaq but was his field goal percentage as good? Did he grab as many rebounds? Does he fill the seats in not only his arena but in arena's across the NBA? Did he make the players around him better? No, as a matter of fact the Bucks took a step back this year. People can argue Jeter's over-paid because his statistics don't back up his contract. I may not disagree, but his 4 rings do. It's no coincidence that the Yankees playoff streak dates back to the year Jeter became apart of this team. I think the Max contract should be left to a number of players, Michael Redd not being one of them. Over-paying players has hurt the NBA more then any other sport besides Hockey. To many teams get stuck in contracts they can't get out of and that's why teams go on such long spells of mediocraty in the NBA. Everyone criticizes MLB for not having a salary cap but in the last 20 year they have had more DIFFERENT teams win the World Series then any other of the major sports. The NBA gives teams no leaniency to get out of mistake contracts. I know MLB doesn't either but by not having a salary cap it leaves teams opportunity (if they want to) to go out and sign another player if they want!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Did you read my post stupid? Where did it say I was mad the Bucks were willing to over-pay for Redd? I said if he can get it, more power to him but IF I was the Bucks owner I would let him walk. Shooting Guards who can score are a dime a dozen, I hate to break it to you. He may have scored more then Garnett and Shaq but was his field goal percentage as good? Did he grab as many rebounds? Does he fill the seats in not only his arena but in arena's across the NBA? Did he make the players around him better? No, as a matter of fact the Bucks took a step back this year. People can argue Jeter's over-paid because his statistics don't back up his contract. I may not disagree, but his 4 rings do. It's no coincidence that the Yankees playoff streak dates back to the year Jeter became apart of this team. I think the Max contract should be left to a number of players, Michael Redd not being one of them. Over-paying players has hurt the NBA more then any other sport besides Hockey. To many teams get stuck in contracts they can't get out of and that's why teams go on such long spells of mediocraty in the NBA. Everyone criticizes MLB for not having a salary cap but in the last 20 year they have had more DIFFERENT teams win the World Series then any other of the major sports. The NBA gives teams no leaniency to get out of mistake contracts. I know MLB doesn't either but by not having a salary cap it leaves teams opportunity (if they want to) to go out and sign another player if they want!

I sure did. If you let a player like Redd walk who do you keep. Your team would look like the Hawks every year if you thought that you wouldn't overpay to keep or get players. Caproom does not help you get titles ask the Hawks they have had 20mil + for 2 years and not many wins. Donald Streling also does a good job of getting decent players in the draft and then letting them go to other teams for nothing. Thats why they are the Clippers.

GreenMonster said:
You have no clue how the NBA works. On just about every team there is a player making the max. Are they always superstars, no because Boozer, Lafrentz, Antione Walker, J. Rose, Shareff, Francis, and Finley all make the max. But if the Bucks lose Redd, we are much worse off then just paying Redd ( a young budding player) and building the team around him and Bogut for 5 years. Larry Hughes isn't even the best player of your team and you will allow the Wiz to give him the max to stay. If you want to keep your best players in the NBA you have to overpay or some other team will. Is Redd worth a max contract, maybe not, but if he goes, and we have to sign a Kerry Kittles or Sprewell to play the 2 that is much worse.

Im not saying that Redd isnt going to get the max, he got it from the Bucks, I just wouldnt give it to him. When youre a crappy franchise you have to overpay so that players wont go somewhere and win. The examples above that u gave are the exact reason I wouldnt give a guy like Redd the max. The league is filled with players that coincedentally had a breakout year in the last year of their deal then got the max and faded to the background. Players that help u win titles or make solid playoff runs or are MVP candidates are worth it, Redd is not. The bucks are stuck, just like my Wizards (I dont want them to give Hughes that deal but its reality like u said). Id rather have Hughes than Redd. If you gave up Redd you could sign Hughes, Allen, Kittles and Spree arent the only options.

Out of a Group of Redd, Hughes, Allen, Kittles and Spree I would take Redd with Hughes a close 2nd. Allen is my favorite player but by the end of his next contract he won't be the old Ray Allen. Kittles and Spree are decent players that will still command 6+ a year.

Redd shoots much better than Hughes in all aspects (FG, 3P, FT), but Hughes has the small edge in rebounding and is a better passer. Hughes plays better D than Redd and both have good size to be a 2 guard. Hughes is alittle more reckless with the ball also avg more TO's. There scoring avg. are just about the same. Both teams should want to keep both players and pay what they have to, so they will be around.

The Bucks are so desperate they need to pick this guy up especially because hes the type of player that leaves you and goes on to be an all-star.

IMO with the picks of Andrew Bogut and Ersan Ilyasova [could turn out to be good] I think Redd will stay and help the bucks build a franchise here

In a year they could be a good team

Buddwalk said:
IMO with the picks of Andrew Bogut and Ersan Ilyasova [could turn out to be good] I think Redd will stay and help the bucks build a franchise here

That's stretching it, man. They are really hoping that Mo Williams can turn into a decent PG because T.J. Ford will likely take a year to get back into playing shape. Redd is Redd. We don't know about Bogut. We don't know about Ilyasova. We don't really know anything.

Buddwalk said:

Wait a minute, haven't you been telling anyone and everyone that Redd would sign with the Cavs? :confused:

phunwin said:
Wait a minute, haven't you been telling anyone and everyone that Redd would sign with the Cavs? :confused:

I just said that the other day...my final prediction Redd will not sign

Buddwalk said:
I just said that the other day...my final prediction Redd will not sign

You are wrong again... Redd wants to be a Buck for the rest of his career.. Go Bucks in 2005..

Back
Top Bottom