Bucks Offer Max Deal To Michael Reed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucks Offer Max Deal To Michael Reed

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The Bucks, according to sources, have commited to paying the 25-year-old an estimated $80-90 million over the next six seasons. Exact figures won't be available until July 22, when the league is expected to announce next season's salary-cap number, but what is known now is that Milwaukee's offer will indeed be $20-plus million higher than anyone else's.

That's because the Bucks, as Redd's current rights-holders, can offer a six-year deal. Outside suitors for Redd can only offer five years.

That includes the Cleveland Cavaliers, who've made Redd their No. 1 target in free agency by offering a five-year max deal worth an estimated $60-70 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2099115

I hope he signs. As a Heat fan(Eastern Conference), the last thing I want to see is LeBron James & Michael Redd together. :sleep:

2 Pistolz said:
I hope he signs. As a Heat fan(Eastern Conference), the last thing I want to see is LeBron James & Michael Redd together. :sleep:

I am a bigtime Bucks fan and I too would hate to see that happen.. Redd can shoot lights out...

I think Redd's a quality player but I think the Bucks are over-paying him by offering the max!

Redd's not a max player. How were the Bucks when they had him last year? He couldnt even lead them to a .500 record. The guy can shoot and is a really good complement but he's not a franchise player that leads a team to the playoffs. Max players are guys that lead teams to the playoffs.

finfansince72 said:
Redd's not a max player. How were the Bucks when they had him last year? He couldnt even lead them to a .500 record. The guy can shoot and is a really good complement but he's not a franchise player that leads a team to the playoffs. Max players are guys that lead teams to the playoffs.

Name some other starters on the Bucks. It was Redd and a bunch of nobody's. Our starting PG and maybe next best player (Ford) was out all year. Check out his stats, he is a young Ray Allen and there is no doubting he is a max player with a much better team around him (Sonics)..

byroan said:
Like Lebron and Kobe?

Cmon the Bucks were the worst team in the NBA. Kobe was a key part of 3 title winning teams and is certainly one of the top players in the league. LeBron is still playing on a rookie contract right?
Also, Max players are guys that fill the seats. Redd doesnt exactly fill the stadium when he comes to town.
Would you take Redd over Kobe or LeBron? No. Garnett? No, ofcourse not. Stop making dumb LOL comments when youre not even making sense. Your examples are players that are just out of highschool (LeBron), or have led their teams far in the playoffs, Kobe and Garnett.
Redd is in that second tier of good players, BELOW guys like Garnett, Kobe and LeBron. He's not a max player, the Bucks are just desperate because of poor trading and drafting in recent years they have no other option than to dump a huge contract on a player that isnt worth it because theres no way in heck he stays there if he gets the same deal to go elsewhere.

finfansince72 said:
Cmon the Bucks were the worst team in the NBA. Kobe was a key part of 3 title winning teams and is certainly one of the top players in the league. LeBron is still playing on a rookie contract right?
Also, Max players are guys that fill the seats. Redd doesnt exactly fill the stadium when he comes to town.
Would you take Redd over Kobe or LeBron? No. Garnett? No, ofcourse not. Stop making dumb LOL comments when youre not even making sense. Your examples are players that are just out of highschool (LeBron), or have led their teams far in the playoffs, Kobe and Garnett.
Redd is in that second tier of good players, BELOW guys like Garnett, Kobe and LeBron. He's not a max player, the Bucks are just desperate because of poor trading and drafting in recent years they have no other option than to dump a huge contract on a player that isnt worth it because theres no way in heck he stays there if he gets the same deal to go elsewhere.

You seriously have comprehension problems. He is talking about Michael Redd being the one & only player on that Bucks team. Is it just me, or did Kobe Bryant play with the most dominating player in NBA history during his time? What exactly did he do without that sidekick? Absolutely nothing - which makes his point valid. Also, Garnett did not lead the T'Wolves to the playoffs last year, which is exactly what he's talking about - wonna go back into history? Redd led the Bucks to the playoffs the year before. And did you care to look at the team Garnett had when he carried his team to the playoffs? He had a hell of alotta help. Finally, LeBron James is definitely going to get the maximum, so he is another valid argument. Michael Redd has never had any help, so how can you judge him? He's one of the better young guards in this overpaid league, so in that sense...he pretty much deserves the maximum if guys like Lamar Odom & Carlos Boozer are making 8 figures after failing to carry their previous teams(Clips & Cavs) to the playoffs, or even proving to be All-Stars.

LOL, I won't waste my time going any further here....

Who would you rather have, Redd or one of the following: Garnett, Kobe, or LeBron? Thats the point. Boozer is overpaid, so is Odom, that doesnt mean u have to overpay Redd. He's not as good as the best players in the league, he's not an MVP candidate, never will be. Thats a max player, not a really good guard.
You failed to discuss the ticket selling aspect which is big. Id pay LeBron a max deal because he would make that up in jersey sales alone.
Im a Wiz fan and we are in much of the same boat, we are going to have to give Larry Hughes a max deal or close to it, and he isnt a max player either. Hopefully this new collective bargaining agreement has some relief for teams that get pushed into giving max contracts to every really good player out there. Only MVP type players that make your franchise money deserve those types of deals.
Kobe, Garnett and LeBron are all better than Redd, are you arguing otherwise? They are max players, Redd is not.

finfansince72 said:
Who would you rather have, Redd or one of the following: Garnett, Kobe, or LeBron? Thats the point. Boozer is overpaid, so is Odom, that doesnt mean u have to overpay Redd. He's not as good as the best players in the league, he's not an MVP candidate, never will be. Thats a max player, not a really good guard.
You failed to discuss the ticket selling aspect which is big. Id pay LeBron a max deal because he would make that up in jersey sales alone.
Im a Wiz fan and we are in much of the same boat, we are going to have to give Larry Hughes a max deal or close to it, and he isnt a max player either. Hopefully this new collective bargaining agreement has some relief for teams that get pushed into giving max contracts to every really good player out there. Only MVP type players that make your franchise money deserve those types of deals.
Kobe, Garnett and LeBron are all better than Redd, are you arguing otherwise? They are max players, Redd is not.

You have no clue how the NBA works. On just about every team there is a player making the max. Are they always superstars, no because Boozer, Lafrentz, Antione Walker, J. Rose, Shareff, Francis, and Finley all make the max. But if the Bucks lose Redd, we are much worse off then just paying Redd ( a young budding player) and building the team around him and Bogut for 5 years. Larry Hughes isn't even the best player of your team and you will allow the Wiz to give him the max to stay. If you want to keep your best players in the NBA you have to overpay or some other team will. Is Redd worth a max contract, maybe not, but if he goes, and we have to sign a Kerry Kittles or Sprewell to play the 2 that is much worse.

GreenMonster said:
You have no clue how the NBA works. On just about every team there is a player making the max. Are they always superstars, no because Boozer, Lafrentz, Antione Walker, J. Rose, Shareff, Francis, and Finley all make the max. But if the Bucks lose Redd, we are much worse off then just paying Redd ( a young budding player) and building the team around him and Bogut for 5 years. Larry Hughes isn't even the best player of your team and you will allow the Wiz to give him the max to stay. If you want to keep your best players in the NBA you have to overpay or some other team will. Is Redd worth a max contract, maybe not, but if he goes, and we have to sign a Kerry Kittles or Sprewell to play the 2 that is much worse.

Exactly. In this day & age, it's very different. If you're young and you put up 23 points per game as a guard and you have a great attitude, you are without question going to get a maximum contract. You don't have to be equal to or better than Kobe, Garnett, or LeBron to get the max, nor does your team need the same amount of success. Now, do I feel that only players who are bonified superstars should make the max? Sure, but that's not how it is in this game anymore. Come on now, you've got guys like Brian Cardinal making the full MLE.

I'm with finfansince72. He's got the same philosophy has David Aldridge. Max contracts should be reserved for Tim Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, ect. Redd is a solid player but not a max player. If an owner is willing to pay him that, more power to Redd, I just don't personally think he is worth it and I would let him walk before I paid him that!

Back
Top Bottom