Bucky Brooks Lists Haskins As Best Qb From Last Two Drafts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky Brooks Lists Haskins As Best Qb From Last Two Drafts

I would still have Mayfield #1 over the past two drafts. Sure, Haskins has a higher peak number of passing TDs for a season, but Mayfield put up just under a 40 TD average over 3 years.
Sure Haskins is talented, but only one year of elite production and then nothing.

Watching NFL mock draft and Bucky Brooks had Haskins as his #1 quarterback from the past two years, just ahead of Murray.

Lance Zerlien listed Haskins as third with Darnold topping his list. Zerlien also had Murray at #2.

Both evaluators had Mayfield #5.

Just thought that was interesting and wonder if it's close to how NFL scouts view the last two quarterback classes.
I agree with him

Rumor has it Bucky is Haskins' closeted PR man!

Beyond that -- his statement is laughable.

I had mayfield 4th in last years class along with a lot of people whose work I respect and he wouldn’t be above Murray for me. So he’d have to at least be 5th.

Not apologizing for it either.

I had mayfield 4th in last years class along with a lot of people whose work I respect and he wouldn’t be above Murray for me. So he’d have to at least be 5th.

Not apologizing for it either.

Exactly.

Mayfield wasn't, around the internet, a heralded prospect. It's not far fetched for Bucky to say this.

I am not that sold on Tua. he look bad playing Clemson. maybe he was hurt but I don't think he is going get away with that in nfl.

I was sold on him as soon as he shook off that pick-six to start the game and led them down the field for a TD the next possession.

That game was a beatdown on multiple levels; Tua was far from the biggest problem.

*clears throat*

The more I look, the more I think, "I'm actually starting to like this guy more and more, and wouldn't be tragically upset if they drafted him if he falls to 13."

*clears throat*

The more I look, the more I think, "I'm actually starting to like this guy more and more, and wouldn't be tragically upset if they drafted him if he falls to 13."

I didn't need a magnifying glass to know I completely agree with you.

Haskins falling to 13 would take a ton of guessing out of the equation when it comes to hoping for a top pick next year.

He's a solid prospect, IMO.

Bucky seems a little lost sometimes and these rankings are all over the place. In 2017 he had Watson, Kizer and Trubisky above Mahomes.

I've heard others say that if you combined the QB's from last year and this year, Rosen would be ranked ahead of Murray.

Scouting QB's is hard.

I know most around here arent very keen on Bill Parcells, but I have to side with his method here.

I have a lot of problems bolstering quarterbacks that only have one year of starting experience. Parcells prefers a 4 year starter, I am a bit more lenient in today's day and age, and prefer at LEAST 2 years, preferably 3 years.

Can Haskins and Murray become amazing QBs? Absolutely.

Am I willing to take that risk on guys that have one year starting experience playing on stacked teams? No.

Are they better than Baker Mayfield? Possibly, if you are relying solely on physical attributes. But Baker was also had more experience than they did on draft day.

Most knocked Baker because of his size and possible character issues. Neither Murray nor Haskins have legal issues that we know of, so that is a plus for them. But Murray is smaller than Baker, shiftier, but smaller. Haskins has the size and apparent durability, but lacks the mobility of Baker.

I think most of us considered Rosen or Darnold superior to Baker last year.

And while Baker had a very good year last year, I'm curious to see if that translates into long term success. After all, that really is what we are looking for. Not a flash in the pan, but continued long term success.

Back
Top Bottom