Bucky Brooks Mock Draft 2.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky Brooks Mock Draft 2.0

lucid22

Active Roster
Reaction score
I just had to post this. He has us passing on Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, and Spiller for Sergio Kindle. This has to be a joke.

1. St. Louis Rams
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

The battle for the top spot could come down to Gerald McCoy and Suh, despite the team's quarterback woes. While McCoy has his fair share of supporters within the building, Suh's dominant run skills make him the Rams' choice.
2. Detroit Lions
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

Landing a dominant interior rusher is not a bad consolation prize for the Lions.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

Coach Raheem Morris is desperate to find a difference-maker along the defensive line, and he opts for the most dynamic pass rusher available in the draft to key the Buccaneers' defensive resurgence.
4. Washington Redskins
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

With Chris Samuels uncertain to return following his potential career-ending neck injury, Mike Shanahan tabs Okung to protect Jason Campbell's blindside.
5. Kansas City Chiefs
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

Williams spent his senior season manning the left side of the Sooners' line, but if the Chiefs take him here, coach Todd Haley will return him to his natural right tackle position.
6. Seattle Seahawks
Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

Pete Carroll immediately addresses the Seahawks' anemic pass rush by taking a dominant edge player with the team's top pick.

7. Cleveland Browns
Joe Haden, CB, Florida

The Browns need to add star power in the back end of the secondary, and Haden gives them a top-flight corner to pair with CB Eric Wright.
8. Oakland Raiders
Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

The ultra-athletic Davis answers the team's glaring weakness at offensive tackle.
9. Buffalo Bills
Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

Chan Gailey will think long and hard about taking QB Sam Bradford with this pick, but the team's woeful offensive line needs a franchise-caliber tackle on the left side.
10. Jacksonville Jaguars
Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

After registering only 14 sacks, the Jaguars turn to Dunlap to upgrade their non-existent pass rush.
11. Denver Broncos
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

If the Broncos part ways with Brandon Marshall, it would create a huge void in the passing game, one that Bryant could fill.
12. Miami Dolphins
Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

Joey Porter's eventual release and Jason Taylor's uncertain status makes acquiring a top-edge rusher like Kindle a must for the Dolphins.
13. San Francisco 49ers
Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

Berry's ball-hawking skills are a welcome addition in the middle of the 49ers' emerging defense.
14. Seattle Seahawks
C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

Spiller's speed and explosiveness gives the Seahawks a much-needed difference maker in the backfield to alleviate pressure on Matt Hasselbeck.

15. N.Y. Giants
Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama

The release of Antonio Pierce creates a huge hole in the middle of the Giants defense. However, McClain's playmaking ability and leadership skills should fill the void created by the loss of the former defensive captain.
16. San Francisco 49ers
Mike Iupati, OG/OT, Idaho

The former Vandal has shot up draft boards after dominating practices throughout the week at the Senior Bowl. With the versatility to move outside to right tackle, Iupati gives the 49ers a solid solution to their offensive line woes.
17. Tennessee Titans
Brian Price, DT, UCLA

After watching his defense decline dramatically after the loss of Albert Haynesworth, Jeff Fisher adds the hard-working Price to to fortify the unit.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers
Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

Casey Hampton's impending free-agent status makes it imperative the Steelers find a replacement at nose tackle. While Cody's weight may concern some, there is no disputing his ability to control the point of attack in the middle.
19. Atlanta Falcons
Navorro Bowman, LB, Penn State

Mike Smith needs a playmaker at the weak-side linebacker spot, and Bowman's athleticism makes him a perfect fit in the Falcons' scheme.
20. Houston Texans
Earl Thomas, S, Texas

The Texans continue to add to an emerging defense by selecting Thomas with their top pick. The versatile ball hawk shows excellent range as a safety, but also possesses the athleticism to fill in at corner.
Pro Days schedule
pylon_100216_IL-1.jpg
In between the combine and the draft, NFL coaches and personnel -- not to mention the prospects themselves -- turn their attention to the various college Pro Day workouts. More ...

21. Cincinnati Bengals
Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

The Bengals add the ultra-athletic Gresham to their lineup despite the former Oklahoma star missing all of his senior season with a knee injury. If his medical concerns check out, Gresham would give the Bengals a much-needed vertical threat in the middle of the field.
22. New England Patriots
Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan

Graham lacks the athleticism to play as a conventional 3-4 outside linebacker, but his outstanding pass rush skills make him an intriguing addition to the Patriots' lineup.
23. Green Bay Packers
Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

The Packers' woes in pass protection will result in the team grabbing Campbell with its top pick. Although the former Terrapin is raw in some aspects, his potential makes him an attractive option at this point.
24. Philadelphia Eagles
Everson Griffen, DE, Southern California

The Eagles defense is at its best when the pass rush is wreaking havoc on opponents. Griffen would give the team a young rusher with star potential to use opposite Trent Cole.
25. Baltimore Ravens
Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois

The Ravens need more weapons in the passing game for Joe Flacco to fulfill his potential. Benn fits the bill with his dynamic receiving skills.
26. Arizona Cardinals
Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

Matt Leinart is penciled in as the team's starter, but Ken Whisenhunt will bring in Bradford to compete for the starting job. If the signal-caller isn't there, a pass-rushing threat such as Ricky Sapp would be a welcome addition.
27. Dallas Cowboys
Taylor Mays, S, Southern California

Jerry Jones finds it too difficult to pass on adding a talent like Mays to his defense.

28. San Diego Chargers
Jahvid Best, RB, California

The swift playmaker from Cal steps into the Chargers' starting lineup on Day 1 to ignite a dormant rush attack.
29. N.Y. Jets
Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

The instinctive corner has the savvy and athleticism to blossom in the Jets' aggressive scheme.
30. Minnesota Vikings
Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

Pat Williams is likely headed for retirement, so the Vikings opt for the rugged Dan Williams to fill his spot in the middle of the defense.
31. Indianapolis Colts
Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State

The hardworking Odrick is an ideal fit as an interior player in the Colts' scheme, and his presence will help shore up the team's woes against the run.
32. New Orleans Saints
Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri

The loquacious Weatherspoon adds speed and athleticism to the Saints' linebacker corps.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8166b4a7&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I also find it strange that he only has one QB go in the first (and it's 26th overall!) along with Terrence Cody going before Dan Williams.

From reports I've seen, Kindle is a 1st round pick. Who knows? If he becomes by draft day the #1 rated OLB and he is available at our pick, then why wouldn't we take him? OLB is as much needed as ILB. A great pass rush improves our secondary instantly. Wake and Kindle on the edges sounds pretty decent.

From reports I've seen, Kindle is a 1st round pick. Who knows? If he becomes by draft day the #1 rated OLB and he is available at our pick, then why wouldn't we take him? OLB is as much needed as ILB. A great pass rush improves our secondary instantly. Wake and Kindle on the edges sounds pretty decent.

Problem: Kindle isn't a good pass rusher - let alone great, and he doesn't seem to have the hip flexibility to be good in coverage. I don't see him as a 1st RD talent. I see maybe 10 OLB's I'd take before him.

Problem: Kindle isn't a good pass rusher - let alone great, and he doesn't seem to have the hip flexibility to be good in coverage. I don't see him as a 1st RD talent. I see maybe 10 OLB's I'd take before him.

You could very well be right in your assessment of Kindle. I haven't seen him play except on national tv. My comments are based on reading draft "experts" opinions about him. Personally I would take either McClain or Berry if one of them were there. As far as other LB's, I like the kid from Michigan (forgot his name at the moment) or Witherspoon from Missouri.

although I think he has lost the plot.....I hope he right as there would be numerous oppurtunities to trade down with Clausen and Bradford still on board

Who is Bucky Brooks as for being anyone that we should give credence to his opinion?

hahhahahah. I know I'm just a fan that probably is overly ****y, but I think the mock I created a little earlier today is a more realistic mock than this one.. Could be wrong though.

Update! Brooks is on NFL total aces now

Tune in and see what he says, I think he looks like A ratard, and some bad mocks

for those who didn't know who Bucky Brooks was, he WAS a scout for the Seattle Seahawks and the Carolina Panthers. Key word- WAS

Back
Top Bottom