Bucky Brooks NFL network | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky Brooks NFL network

although Draft Grades at this point are stupid really glad to see more positive grades from the draft. I for one loved our draft. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...es-laremy-tunsil-well-worth-risk-for-dolphins ---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ---------- He seemed to like all our picks up to duarte in the 7th round.
The fly in the ointment is confirmational bias - seeing articles that agree with an opinion as 'right' and those that disagree as 'wrong.' In this case, I think it's nearly unanimous the Tunsil pick is an 'A+.' Beyond that, it's a battle between 'experts,' stats, and film. The fact there is disagreement means no one really knows. To state the obvious, we'll know in January. That said, the little I've read, I'm optimistic about Tunsil, Drake, Carroo and agnostic on Howard. In my world, everything below R3 is a project and all grades are 'incomplete.' That means any starter/contributor Miami gets out of a R4 or lower pick counts as a good grade. For now, nothing really counts til the pads go on.

"He seemed to like all our picks up to duarte in the 7th round. "

What do you mean? He called him the biggest sleeper, and says "Duarte fits the mold as a sleek pass-catching tight end with polished routes and exceptional ball skills. He is an ideal TE2 in the red zone, and his pass-catching prowess could remind Dolphins fans of the work Charles Clay put in during his time in Miami." Those were my thoughts exactly looking at his film. A more fluid Charles Clay. Nice player, and in round 7 a GREAT pick.

I think he means he likes all our picks all the way through Duarte our last pick

I would not give it an A but i think we got some good weapons for the offense and the best blocker in the draft. Don't like that they used two of next years pick's to move up and outside of corner did nothing on the defensive side.

Solid B IMO

Good read. It took me a little bit, but I like the draft for us as well. Call me optimistic! I as well like Duarte out of the 7th

Yeah, he wasn't slamming Duarte. I was waiting to hear him criticize our selections during the draft and although he was surprised by several of them, he made generally positive comments. I think the folks who slammed our picks are those who had an entirely different idea of what a good draft would look like. Some reasonably figured that their mocks were not the only way the team could improve, some figured otherwise.

BIGGEST SLEEPER: Thomas Duarte, TE, UCLA
Miami Dolphins, Round 7, No. 231 overall

The emergence of the "move" tight end as a matchup weapon has prompted more NFL teams to take chances on hybrid pass catchers (tight end/receivers) with crafty route-running skills and sticky hands. Duarte fits the mold as a sleek pass-catching tight end with polished routes and exceptional ball skills. He is an ideal TE2 in the red zone, and his pass-catching prowess could remind Dolphins fans of the work Charles Clay put in during his time in Miami.

I generally agree with the analysis but don't think the draft classes are as close as those generous grades indicate. IMHO, our division did not draft well, we drafted best, but we failed to fill our OG holes and we used a lot of resources to trade up. If Tunsil had not fallen into our laps, we wouldn't have had a great draft.

While Duarte is a sleeper pick, I don't see him anywhere near as athletic or physical as Charles Clay. I see him more as a poor man's Dusten Keller. Also, there are a lot of overlapping skill sets between RB/KR/WR Kenyan Drake, WR/KR Jakeem Grant, WR Levonte Caroo, and TE/WR Thomas Duarte. Assuming Drake makes the roster as an RB, Caroo and Grant as WR's, then Duarte would still have to beat out Jake Stoneburner ... and frankly Stoneburner is bigger and more physical with the same athleticism, so Duarte may not make the team.

Meanwhile, we still need a young DE, another LB, and could use another CB on defense. Our offense still has a gaping hole at RG and once Albert gets hurt (happens every year) we will have a huge hole at LG. Another year of putrid guards like Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner? That's a failure of talent acquisition. Either you get at least 1 decent guard in free agency or you draft 2 actual guards. Tunsil is a LT and will take that role when Albert gets injured ... so we still need 2 guards.

The team did a good job addressing some of the short and long term problems with the team.
We need another draft to fill the remaining holes on the oline and defense.
I think the players drafted all have a shot to make the team, including Duarte. If Duarte cam block decently, them he could replace Stoneburner and receiving skills are much better. I think we will be throwing the ball a lot.
Stopping the run and running the ball are my biggest concern about this team. We had the same issues from 1985-1995. I think we could possibly challenge for a wildcard with the talent we have. Will the coaching staff be able to do ir?
That is my other concern.

Stopping the run and running the ball are my biggest concern about this team. We had the same issues from 1985-1995. I think we could possibly challenge for a wildcard with the talent we have. Will the coaching staff be able to do ir?
That is my other concern.

Mine as well.

Back
Top Bottom