Bucs/fins Scrimmage- Day 2 | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs/fins Scrimmage- Day 2

I don’t think they would cut Gesicki, but I also don’t believe they would activate him over Allen, Smythe or O’Leary (Walford?) . . . If he is clearly #4.

If he can’t earn it during the week he damn sure doesn’t deserve the shot on Sundays.

These dudes came in here and their first two moves were adding 2 veteran TEs to the roster because of how pathetic the TE play was.

Gesicki was the poster boy of that TE play.

How can you have a better combine than Mike Evans and not be able to do anything with that
You have to think big picture, overall, traits that make you consistent at something, I think there are issues downshifting in his routes, issues with his lateral ability to cut with precision and quickness, makes him an easy cover unless the ball is out of the defenders reach relative to his catch radius + vert.

Bunch of damn ideal 2 deep ceiling talent on this team. I mean a bunch

With a bunch of veteran jags who hopefully won’t be here in a year

Were going to be going into the next draft and off-season with optimism that we have picks and money, with the thought in the back of our minds- please don’t pull an Ireland— again

Were going to be going into the next draft and off-season with optimism that we have picks and money, with the thought in the back of our minds- please don’t pull an Ireland— again

Yeah until we have to make the move for our draft qb and we have to spend all our assets plus our future ones

That would be par for the course for us.

Grier is 10x the GM that Ireland was with Miami.

I do not expect a 2013 offseason next year at all, I expect a lot of the same we just had with the addition of a lot more picks to use to build the trenches and get a top shelf qb.

Grier is 10x the GM that Ireland was with Miami.

I do not expect a 2013 offseason next year at all, I expect a lot of the same we just had with the addition of a lot more picks to use to build the trenches and get a top shelf qb.

With some of the movement we have had in the front office will keep that from happening yes. Grier is polarizing but he has shown a willingness to adapt. Now has Truth has said multiple times though where Grier has failed is he picks a lot of players that the coach wants. Gesicki was a Gase guy. Gase loved him and that was a guy he wanted. As Slimm has said Grier also put a premium on how guys interviewed which is how we got Charles Harris. So he has made bad choices.

Having McKenzie and Allen will help a lot. Having the Patriots crew (who also scoured college heavily) will help. There will likely be more changes coming too

With some of the movement we have had in the front office will keep that from happening yes. Grier is polarizing but he has shown a willingness to adapt. Now has Truth has said multiple times though where Grier has failed is he picks a lot of players that the coach wants. Gesicki was a Gase guy. Gase loved him and that was a guy he wanted. As Slimm has said Grier also put a premium on how guys interviewed which is how we got Charles Harris. So he has made bad choices.

Having McKenzie and Allen will help a lot. Having the Patriots crew (who also scoured college heavily) will help. There will likely be more changes coming too

I think that will definitely help, as far as 10x the GM Ireland was re the previous comment.. based on what? Can’t agree with that, at best you have to be undecided because you don’t even have enough of a track record for him and his FO guys yet.

Back
Top Bottom