Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates

I personally don’t get the disappointed or frustrated vibe from them. I think they understand that he wasn’t a polished product and they wanted their hands on him to see what they can mold. I’ve actually felt fairly positive about the uptick Rosen is on both on the field and how he’s carrying himself.

I think he needs his swagger back. Last season robbed all that of him. Media spotlight under a new offense at the beginning of camp this year didn’t do him any favors either. I think he’s fighting and working and I’m impressed frankly

Edit: I think he needs some added swagger. I think it’s something he’s always lacked. He doesn’t just need swagger back, he needs some in general. Confidence will help get him there

I sense a player that they want to be self-motivated, but that they're frustrated he needs goading in order to take steps forward.

I sense a player that they want to be self-motivated, but that they're frustrated he needs goading in order to take steps forward.

Fair, but I don’t sense that from them. Frankly I think it’s just coaching they are displaying. Helping him pick up where he lacks. If 3 months from now he still hasn’t no improved in those areas, then I would agree

Tannehill didn’t have the intellect or wherewithal to play championship football, Fitzpatrick’s first run for a first down on Thursday was simple in context, however its not something tannehill ever understood, or executed, also the 37 year old made a play that tannehill could never do on a free rusher, beat the free rusher on a blindside pivot move, then continuing on for the downfield completion..Tannehill earned his way to backup duty after 7 years, and it wasn’t the olines fault, jmo.

Absolutely. I talked about how unprepared Ryan Tannehill was to deal with pressure in my scouting report of him coming out of aTm. It's just something he never developed as a pro either. He's not the first nor the last that have had this issue. He's just one of the toughest that have had this issue. Which is why he was always willing to just stand there and keep taking hits instead of being prepared to get his ass outta there.

At some point, you have to know the guys in front of you are whiffing and you can't just stand there. You must be prepared to deal with that imminent pressure and have an escape plan. That's why Ryan Fitzpatrick is still in the league. He's not just going to stand there and be a tackling dummy for a piss poor offensive line.

You see it all the time with the top QB's - Russell Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, Brady. Their offensive lineman whiff too - but they're immediately prepared to deal with it. I watched Mahomes' right tackle get beat right off the snap the other night in a preseason game - DE is closing in before Mahomes has even had time to get to his 1st read - he immediately stepped up and exited out of the gap the RT and DE had just vacated. You must be prepared to deal with pressure in the NFL.

rosen still getting hosed I see
The fans of this franchise are getting hosed. This year is all about finding out if Rosen is the answer or if they need to draft someone high in the first round but this backwards ass franchise can't get anything right.

In my opinion, all this talk about the QB's in next year's draft is a bit premature. Let's see how they do in the upcoming season before we crown anyone as the savior of this franchise. No QB coming out of college is a sure bet. None. They all come with risks. One of the top PROJECTED QB's in the upcoming draft could get injured and then what? You staked your future on the hope/dream of drafting a guy that now you have question marks about? I am more a skeptic than anything so I would rather see how the upcoming NCAA and NFL season unfolds before I make any declarations about who should lead this franchise into the future.

As a side note, a friend of mine is a big Colts fan that is always talking smack. I always shut him up by telling him that Rosen has won just as many Super Bowls as Luck. ZERO. I do the same with the Lions fans and their love affair with Stafford. Win something before you start with the GOAT talk.

Absolutely. I talked about how unprepared Ryan Tannehill was to deal with pressure in my scouting report of him coming out of aTm. It's just something he never developed as a pro either. He's not the first nor the last that have had this issue. He's just one of the toughest that have had this issue. Which is why he was always willing to just stand there and keep taking hits instead of being prepared to get his *** outta there.

At some point, you have to know the guys in front of you are whiffing and you can't just stand there. You must be prepared to deal with that imminent pressure and have an escape plan. That's why Ryan Fitzpatrick is still in the league. He's not just going to stand there and be a tackling dummy for a piss poor offensive line.

You see it all the time with the top QB's - Russell Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, Brady. Their offensive lineman whiff too - but they're immediately prepared to deal with it. I watched Mahomes' right tackle get beat right off the snap the other night in a preseason game - DE is closing in before Mahomes has even had time to get to his 1st read - he immediately stepped up and exited out of the gap the RT and DE had just vacated. You must be prepared to deal with pressure in the NFL.
I remember you did..

Some folks don’t think it’s something to be harped on, or that important, but the intellect coming from a Qb to run for first downs, or when protection immediately breaks down, on their own accord is a trait that tells me the qb knows how to convert, knows how to win..never, ever saw tannehill do this move on purpose..That imo is as fatal flaw as it gets for a qb, and it was something I would talk about every offseason, I would say if he couldn’t figure that simple part of QB’ing out, especially with some of his strait line speed he had, he would fail as a starting Qb..

Good smart qbs know that once they implement that threat, it helps them out the rest of the way..

I remember you did..

Some folks don’t think it’s something to be harped on, or that important, but the intellect coming from a Qb to run for first downs, or when protection immediately breaks down, on their own accord is a trait that tells me the qb knows how to convert, knows how to win..never, ever saw tannehill do this move on purpose..That imo is as fatal flaw as it gets for a qb, and it was something I would talk about every offseason, I would say if he couldn’t figure that simple part of QB’ing out, especially with some of his strait line speed he had, he would fail as a starting Qb..

Good smart qbs know that once they implement that threat, it helps them out the rest of the way..

I noticed that you see some of those same flaws with Jake Fromm like I do. Drifting straight back against pressure like Tannehill did at aTm. It's a very important observation. Critical. Should be harped on.

Although Tannehill throws better on the move than Fromm. Much, much better in fact.

These guys like Fromm and Tannehill - you have to protect 'em. If you can't do that you will be following each other out the door in the NFL.

I must be in the minority, but after watching Rosen getting pressured on every snap, and still managing to make some nice plays, my respect for him as a potential long-term solution for the Dolphins is growing, not diminishing. Tua plays behind a dominant OLine at Alabama, throwing to 5-star WR's. Can he, or any other QB in the next draft make accurate throws consistently while being flushed out of the pocket on every play, running for their lives?

The fans of this franchise are getting hosed. This year is all about finding out if Rosen is the answer or if they need to draft someone high in the first round but this backwards *** franchise can't get anything right.

Even that's no guarantee. Look at Winston and Mariota. Numbers 1 & 2 there but I'd hardly call either a franchise QB. If Rosen is even trending in that direction the Fins need to stay they course with him given what little they gave up. If they bail after just this year and draft a QB high next year can you imagine the state of the franchise if both are busts?

Though I agree that putting Rosen behind a shaky line, the coaches also know that Rosen succeeding, and being able to use the picks for fixing both lines is a better scenario then having to take a QB next year.

There is no guarantee any or all the QBs in 2020 will have better careers then Rosen.

Though you have to feel Tua is a very possible superstar, there is also very little chance Miami will get the overall #1...unless you allow Rosen to either succeed or fail.

Me personally, I am not worried about possibly getting a franchize QB in 2020, I am rooting for finding out we already have a young franchise QB on the team, and all those draft picks Miami will have in 2020 will go to finally getting Miami plenty of non-QB premium talent.

Thing is, neither Fitzpatrick nor Rosen would be taking 9 sacks in a game even behind this bad of an offensive line. It's hard to find a quarterback in the NFL who can take 9 sacks.

Most of those 9 sacks (practically all of them) weren't on Tannehill if you actually watched that game:

And it's not exactly unheard of when you're facing a good defense, even for mobile QB's like MM:

You do.

They already know that.

Nothing Rosen was going to do this year was going to change that.
This front office is so inept I wouldn't just assume they know that. Just take a look at this year's draft class. I doubt this team will be getting much help short term and unfortunately I'm not very optimistic that this class has that much long term value either.

The rest of the league full belly laughed at us while he was our QB

Now was this in 2016 when he was playing great ball on an otherwise s**** team, or was it after his career altering injury?

You know, the one that completely changed the most important aspect of his game which was his impeccable durability...

Absolutely. I talked about how unprepared Ryan Tannehill was to deal with pressure in my scouting report of him coming out of aTm. It's just something he never developed as a pro either. He's not the first nor the last that have had this issue. He's just one of the toughest that have had this issue. Which is why he was always willing to just stand there and keep taking hits instead of being prepared to get his *** outta there.

Question for ya Slimm. I listen to Sirius radio a lot and Greg McElroy is one of the best IMO. He stated that one of the big issues in football right now is that you are not seeing good development of OL even in college and how a lot of these players are behind the curve even when they get recruited. He mentioned how that's why you are seeing more of the top tackle prospects be converted DEs or TEs. Fo you agree with that sentiment? There are obviously teams that are the exception but I think he made some interesting points. I do know when it comes to recruiting OL are some of the toughest to project

Have you paid attention to the Dolphins drafts this decade? Charles Harris is a 1st round pick with practice squad talent...I wouldn't even have him as a backup. Heck, Ledbetter and Hendrix...two guys we signed off the street...have shown more than Harris. Raekwon McMillan has taken a back seat to Ego at MLB...at best he's a two down thumper and not a full time player, Minkah isn't a full time free safety, he's a slot CB who will probably play 70% of the plays...that's your 1st round pick. I could go on but this crap has been happening for too long. Instead of getting pro bowlers and studs that this team can build on we keep drafting backup and roll players early in the draft. The undrafted free agents have been better than the early round picks for this franchise. It's a freakin joke.

You didn’t even talk about gesicki lol. Or tank.

I like minkah but if he’s a slot corner long term Miami will never get its bang for its draft buck. Top 12 pick slot corner?

Yeah no

Back
Top Bottom