Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates

Now was this in 2016 when he was playing great ball on a s**** team, or was it after his career altering injury?

You know, the one that changed the most important aspect of his game which was his durability...

Ryan tannehill wasn’t playing “great” ball. He was playing plus grade ball (also rather conservative) against bottom of the barrel nfl teams for the most part

His best year yes.

Now was this in 2016 when he was playing great ball on an otherwise s**** team, or was it after his career altering injury?

You know, the one that completely changed the most important aspect of his game which was his impeccable durability...

These are the same posters that would tell you o line play doesn’t matter.

That the pocket progression qb should just levitate I guess

My ass

The QB answer or hopeful answer comes in 2020. It has to be. The Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes will be won and only won by the team picking #1 overall, in 2021. There is no way, no how, that team is going to trade that pick. There is a better chance of Miami getting the #1 overall pick in 2020, because of the roster be so void of talent. Herbert or Love are the 2 QB's most likely to be drafted by Miami, if they finish with a top 5-6 pick. Miami, Cincinnati, New York Giants and Raiders and perhaps the Cardinals will all be potential candidates for the #1 overall.

The rest of the league full belly laughed at us while he was our QB

That’s well played even if I think it’s largely bs til after his knee got wrecked.

The one constant in this now no longer tannehill equation is **** o line play.

Fair, but I don’t sense that from them. Frankly I think it’s just coaching they are displaying. Helping him pick up where he lacks. If 3 months from now he still hasn’t no improved in those areas, then I would agree

Good on timing routes especially outside the #s hesitant on post snap coverage reads.

Must get better with the latter or he’s gonna be squeezing the air out of the pig skin

“Fcs level o line”

Lol fitting.

As fitting as the island of misfit toys Miami Dolphins

Get your season tickets before they run out!

Most of those 9 sacks (practically all of them) weren't on Tannehill if you actually watched that game:

And it's not exactly unheard of when you're facing a good defense, even for mobile QB's like MM:

More than half those weren’t his fault but had there been 12 sacks to take there he’d have taken every one of them. And I mean every one of them with zero counter.

Ryan tannehill wasn’t playing “great” ball. He was playing plus grade ball (also rather conservative) against bottom of the barrel nfl teams for the most part

His best year yes.

Huh funny, when you look at Super Star Carson Wentz's career he has struggled every year except for one (2017) when he had this cake schedule (naturally lost to the only good teams they played that year in KC and Sea), but nobody cares about that because he's a Super Star lmao:

Week Date Opponent Result Record Game site NFL.com
recap
September 10 at Washington Redskins W 30–17 1–0 FedExField Recap
2 September 17 at Kansas City Chiefs L 20–27 1–1 Arrowhead Stadium Recap
3 September 24 New York Giants W 27–24 2–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
4 October 1 at Los Angeles Chargers W 26–24 3–1 StubHub Center Recap
5 October 8 Arizona Cardinals W 34–7 4–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
6 October 12 at Carolina Panthers W 28–23 5–1 Bank of America Stadium Recap
7 October 23 Washington Redskins W 34–24 6–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
8 October 29 San Francisco 49ers W 33–10 7–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
9 November 5 Denver Broncos W 51–23 8–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
10 Bye
11 November 19 at Dallas Cowboys W 37–9 9–1 AT&T Stadium Recap
12 November 26 Chicago Bears W 31–3 10–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
13 December 3 at Seattle Seahawks L 10–24 10–2 CenturyLink Field Recap
14 December 10 at Los Angeles Rams W 43–35 11–2 Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Recap

Also, RT outplayed Super Star Russell Wilson in both head to heads when they were clearly the better team (thanks Stills), just saying...

Huh funny, when you look at Super Star Carson Wentz's career he has struggled every year except for one (2017) when he had this cake schedule (naturally lost to the only good teams they played that year in KC and Sea), but nobody cares about that because he's a Super Star lmao:

Week Date Opponent Result Record Game site NFL.com
recap
September 10 at Washington Redskins W 30–17 1–0 FedExField Recap
2 September 17 at Kansas City Chiefs L 20–27 1–1 Arrowhead Stadium Recap
3 September 24 New York Giants W 27–24 2–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
4 October 1 at Los Angeles Chargers W 26–24 3–1 StubHub Center Recap
5 October 8 Arizona Cardinals W 34–7 4–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
6 October 12 at Carolina Panthers W 28–23 5–1 Bank of America Stadium Recap
7 October 23 Washington Redskins W 34–24 6–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
8 October 29 San Francisco 49ers W 33–10 7–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
9 November 5 Denver Broncos W 51–23 8–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
10 Bye
11 November 19 at Dallas Cowboys W 37–9 9–1 AT&T Stadium Recap
12 November 26 Chicago Bears W 31–3 10–1 Lincoln Financial Field Recap
13 December 3 at Seattle Seahawks L 10–24 10–2 CenturyLink Field Recap
14 December 10 at Los Angeles Rams W 43–35 11–2 Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Recap

Also, RT outplayed Super Star Russel Wilson in both head to heads (thanks Stills), just saying...

I don’t give a damn about Carson wentz and I never endorsed him to be a superstar, or did I mention him at all

They won a super bowl w/ out him

I noticed that you see some of those same flaws with Jake Fromm like I do. Drifting straight back against pressure like Tannehill did at aTm. It's a very important observation. Critical. Should be harped on.

Although Tannehill throws better on the move than Fromm. Much, much better in fact.

These guys like Fromm and Tannehill - you have to protect 'em. If you can't do that you will be following each other out the door in the NFL.
agreed, tannehills most compelling strength was throwing on the run, east and west where he displayed unique dexterity..but mostly that only came into play on scripted plays, or occasionally he would break free a collapsing pocket and get out there..

As for Fromm, pinpoint analysis imo, he drifts backwards, it’s a panic move and it worries the heck out of me...I’m interested to see if he recognizes the flaw and if he can train his mind to react and cut east, west, or south from time to time to at least add to his strict pocket skillset.

Most of those 9 sacks (practically all of them) weren't on Tannehill if you actually watched that game:

And it's not exactly unheard of when you're facing a good defense, even for mobile QB's like MM:

Look Ryan, I didn't say they were all your fault. I said it's hard to find a quarterback in the NFL that can take 9 sacks.

Whether they're your fault or not isn't the point. The point is, a quarterback with better pocket awareness only takes 5 of those sacks. You had massive escape routes on quite a few of 'em. You just understand you don't have that trait and closed your eyes, curled up, and took the sacks.

I said once that even you didn't think you were a franchise caliber quarterback. And you were right. But you have some groupies out there that don't understand football.

You're a Titan now, Ryan. It's time to move on from the Dolphins. You've left a trail of bodies in your wake. You won't get a chance to do that in Nashville - this is probably your last go. Be ready when your number is called.

Because if there's one quarterback in the NFL that can match you sack for sack, he's standing right in front of you.

Some of you give Rosen zero chance of being the franchise huh. While I don't think he's the answer I do give him a 20-25% chance of keeping us from looking QB
Way too big a number there nick... Try 2-3%... If the odds of him being a franchise QB were around 20-25%, he would have cost a shitload more than a 2nd round trade down...

Exactly. It's hard to make fans understand things sometimes.

Rosen isn't the plan. He's only part of a bigger plan. They haven't gone all in yet on their plan in terms of the quarterback they're going to build around. They took a shot on him for a decent price in terms of trading a 2nd round pick. A 2nd round pick that they got back. It's basically a free shot.

Except it cost them potentially quality offensive lineman they could've had in the 2nd round of this draft. They weren't worried about winning games in 2019, so the reward for the potential payoff with Rosen was greater than the reward of drafting Erik McCoy to them. They're looking at the bigger picture.

The reason you don't send him out there if you have 3 guys up front whiffing every play - is to be fair to Josh Rosen. But most of all, so you don't kill what value he has left in terms of flipping him for more draft picks after you bring in YOUR plan. The guy you're going to stake your job and everybody else's jobs on.

Anybody that thinks it's just Josh Rosen and that's it they're staking their jobs on, you're underestimating these guys. They have people at practices over the past few weeks all over the country watching every single one of these 2020 quarterbacks.

Its good to see you posting in the main more Slimm.

While I agree that Rosen isnt their plan, I still think there's alot of value in starting him, sink or swim. Rosen being the guy isnt the only way the Fins win that trade IMO, they can also flip him at the end of the year. Sure the coaches can evaluate every practice snaps he gets but he's still not getting any visibility league wide.

The odds that Rosen actually keeps the Fins from drafting a QB next season are very close to zero, I get that, but the odds of flipping him for a 4th or better next offseason or down the line are somewhat reasonable. The way I see it you need 4-5 good games out of him for a desperate GM to take a shot in a QB starved NFL. The guy is still young and the former 1st round pick always sticks even when it doesnt make any ****ing sense. Not all GMs are competent.

If you're looking to get 4-5 good games out of Rosen, it's not going to happen by playing him 7 games. We need volume here.

I mean I wouldnt even be losing more than 5 minutes on this if the alternative had any kind of upside at all. The alternative is a 37 years old journey man below average career 81 rating QB. The odds of this guy adding anything of value to the Fins(meaningful wins, assets, I mean anything...) in the future are 0... While Rosen's odds arent MUCH better, its still there and the only way to maximixe those odds is to include the possibility that a bad GM gets intrigued by a couple of flash plays/good games. IMHO

I don’t give a damn about Carson wentz and I never endorsed him to be a superstar, or did I mention him at all

They won a super bowl w/ out him

Well everyone else seems to think he's great based on 1 good/great year with an easy schedule, but with RT he gets no credit, seems fair.

Back
Top Bottom