Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates

Look Ryan, I didn't say they were all your fault. I said it's hard to find a quarterback in the NFL that can take 9 sacks.

Whether they're your fault or not isn't the point. The point is, a quarterback with better pocket awareness only takes 5 of those sacks. You had massive escape routes on quite a few of 'em. You just understand you don't have that trait and closed your eyes, curled up, and took the sacks.

I said once that even you didn't think you were a franchise caliber quarterback. And you were right. But you have some groupies out there that don't understand football.

You're a Titan now, Ryan. It's time to move on from the Dolphins. You've left a trail of bodies in your wake. You won't get a chance to do that in Nashville - this is probably your last go. Be ready when your number is called.

Because if there's one quarterback in the NFL that can match you sack for sack, he's standing right in front of you.

Meh, I didn't see one sack in those highlights that was completely on RT.

Looked like the line got completely manhandled on every sack in those highlights with nowhere for the QB to run (and likely nowhere to throw, can't tell), even with 9 protecting lol.

Microcosm of his career in Miami.

Also, it's interesting you think MM can match "me" on sacks, I'm assuming you don't think he's very good either.

Should be interesting to watch Tenn this year, I think they have 2 good QB's and because of this will be successful, but not everyone feels the same...

Last edited:
Even that's no guarantee. Look at Winston and Mariota. Numbers 1 & 2 there but I'd hardly call either a franchise QB. If Rosen is even trending in that direction the Fins need to stay they course with him given what little they gave up. If they bail after just this year and draft a QB high next year can you imagine the state of the franchise if both are busts?
So what? They have to keep taking swings at the QB position until they get it right. It would be complete negligence by this front office if they pass on talented QB's coming out next season because Rosen is "trending" in the right direction. If Rosen doesn't CLEARLY show himself to be a franchise type of QB, which I doubt, the Dolphins need to pounce on the opportunity to take a talented passer high in the first round next season.

We never protected tanny the way he needed it I’ll always agree w/ that
I agree with that, because he was a liability, I don’t think he had the skills to just be a pocket progression pocket qb, I think he needed to understand how to use his athleticism and he never could.

Exactly. It's hard to make fans understand things sometimes.

Rosen isn't the plan. He's only part of a bigger plan. They haven't gone all in yet on their plan in terms of the quarterback they're going to build around. They took a shot on him for a decent price in terms of trading a 2nd round pick. A 2nd round pick that they got back. It's basically a free shot.
Or they do what all football coaches do: they believe they are good in their profession and even with limited talent they win too many games to be in the position to select a QB early. And that’s why they made sure they got a talented QB.

Look Ryan, I didn't say they were all your fault. I said it's hard to find a quarterback in the NFL that can take 9 sacks.

Whether they're your fault or not isn't the point. The point is, a quarterback with better pocket awareness only takes 5 of those sacks. You had massive escape routes on quite a few of 'em. You just understand you don't have that trait and closed your eyes, curled up, and took the sacks.

I said once that even you didn't think you were a franchise caliber quarterback. And you were right. But you have some groupies out there that don't understand football.

You're a Titan now, Ryan. It's time to move on from the Dolphins. You've left a trail of bodies in your wake. You won't get a chance to do that in Nashville - this is probably your last go. Be ready when your number is called.

Because if there's one quarterback in the NFL that can match you sack for sack, he's standing right in front of you.
Oh nevermind, I wasn’t aware I was talking to a five year old.

Question for ya Slimm. I listen to Sirius radio a lot and Greg McElroy is one of the best IMO. He stated that one of the big issues in football right now is that you are not seeing good development of OL even in college and how a lot of these players are behind the curve even when they get recruited. He mentioned how that's why you are seeing more of the top tackle prospects be converted DEs or TEs. Fo you agree with that sentiment? There are obviously teams that are the exception but I think he made some interesting points. I do know when it comes to recruiting OL are some of the toughest to project

I think it's more to it than that. What makes having a good offensive line difficult is simple math first of all. You have to find 5 guys who can actually play at a high level, when it's hard enough just to find one. The higher the level of football, the more difficult it is to find those guys that can play at that level.

Most offensive lines in the NFL aren't good. There's only a few that are really good. The rest are average to poor. That's why having a QB who can manipulate the pocket is so important. The higher the level of football, the more important it is.

Furthermore, it requires everyone playing as a unit. Literally 5 guys all thinking the same thing and seeing the same thing - followed by actually executing what they see.

Lastly, pass protection is much more difficult on a lineman's technique. As football has gotten further away from running the ball and become predominantly more of a passing game, flaws in offensive lineman have become more glaring. In addition to the speed rushers and defensive lineman only getting bigger, faster, and more freakish at the same time.

It's a confluence of several different factors coming together.

Or they do what all football coaches do: they believe they are good in their profession and even with limited talent they win too many games to be in the position to select a QB early. And that’s why they made sure they got a talented QB.

Lighten up coach. I'm ready to have a serious football discussion now.

Please, go on....

Only thing I don’t agree w there is Minkah. I would like them to pick a position for him and stick with it. Don’t Jason Allen the kid. The other two guys suck-suck-suck and there is no fixing that. Harris is the worst no 1 pick we’ve taken since perhaps Jamar Fletcher.

Dion Jordan says hi.

So trading a 2nd round pick for a back up is a good move in your opinion?

You might want to wait to see if he is used as a backup this year. I think he will end up as our QB, even if he doesn't start the first 2 or 3 games.

This just seems weird to me. Rosen's knock coming out of college was that he took a lot of sacks partly because he held the ball too long. He ended up taking a lot of sacks in Arizona partly because he held the ball too long. He's taking/going to take a lot of sacks here... you guessed it... partly because he's going to hold the ball too long.

This isn't new.

Yes, our offensive line isn't good and hasn't been good, but our quarterbacks have been piling on with their complete inability to either avoid pressure or speed up their progressions. In order to allow Rosen to just sit back there and throw when he's ready, it's going to require a bunch of good to Pro Bowl level talent on the offensive line which isn't realistic and certainly isn't the prerequisite to be able to judge Rosen as a quarterback.

You might want to wait to see if he is used as a backup this year. I think he will end up as our QB, even if he doesn't start the first 2 or 3 games.
Oh I agree that we have to wait and see how they use him. My point was that IF the team knew that they were going to draft a QB in 2020 then trading for him but a bad move. If he's given a real chance to be the guy then fine but with this O-line it's going to be hard to see what we got with him.

:lol:

Slimm isn't a 5 year old, he's just a Bama fan which makes his football IQ clearly superior to all other non Bama's :rolleyes:

I mean my goodness, just look how smart their coach is, he even knows what's best for a young mans future which naturally just so happens to be staying put in Alabama :roflmao

Back
Top Bottom