Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates

:lol:

Slimm isn't a 5 year old, he's just a Bama fan which makes his football IQ clearly superior to all other non Bama's :rolleyes:

I mean my goodness, just look how smart their coach is, he even knows what's best for a young mans future which naturally just so happens to be staying put in Alabama :roflmao

I just give my opinion. Anyone is entitled to their own and to disagree.

However, I don't think the MODS will tolerate much of what you do. MODS can you show this gentleman what he's won?

Ya he did...just couldn't keep it together. And we even traded UP for him...just makes it worse.
“Picks and money” baby!!! Yeah, considering the trade up that has to be the worst move we’ve ever made in franchise history. Has to be.

However, I don't think the MODS will tolerate much of what you do. MODS can you show this gentleman what he's won?

Hey man, he knows if college players are good or not..... even though he doesnt watch college ball. But if they went to Duke..... they must be good

(Sorry TanMan, love ya, but this is a tough argument for ya)

Hey man, he knows if college players are good or not..... even though he doesnt watch college ball. But if they went to Duke..... they must be good

(Sorry TanMan, love ya, but this is a tough argument for ya)

Well of course if they went to Duke they must be smart, I tried to tell y’all about Jones (and Gettleman) but I guess you’ll just have to find out for yourselves lol.

Last edited:

So in your opinion I’m Ryan Tannehill? Unfortunately you’re mistaken but I appreciate the compliment ;)

Way off topic here in the last few pages. I appreciate all the scrimmage insight from the first half of this thread though. Since i don't use Twitter because of the ridiculous name they gave it, you guys give me the info that I'm too stubborn to get for myself. Thanks!

You literally have to take pity on Rosen with that BS in front of him. The dam broke damn near every play.

Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie haven’t been here long but the team’s drafting has been disheartening. Allen has a good reputation so maybe he will turn it around going forward. But, the years keep changing and the results are the same. Even if you set aside Day 1, it’s damn near a miracle how poor the Dolphins are at drafting especially on Day 2, where you’re supposed to get your fair share of starters and nucleus of the roster. They do ok on day 3 as they can identify some reasonable contributors from the back end.

McMillan can’t play the pass. Ok. Guess what, he has no idea how to read the run either. He hits the wrong gap routinely like he’s done no preparation and has no instincts. Gesicki? He’s a one trick pony who can jump and might be able to make a play that way. He should contribute at least as a role player so shouldn’t be another Egnew. But can we really rule that out either? You could make an argument that the best move with him would be to try to get a fifth or sixth back for him. If both of these guys were cut tomorrow the franchise’s prospects would not change one bit. They’re irrelevant either way.

If you took the 20 posters here with the most interest in the draft and polled them, you’d have better results. You keep hearing how “well respected” guys like Adam Engroff, Ron Brockington et al. are, yet they were here when we drafted Egnew, Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, McMillan, Gesicki... you could go on and on. It’s not a theoretical job. It’s results-based.

It’d be nice if we had an owner even marginally involved. I’d do a full on audit of how they literally miss on all offensive line picks outside of the top 20. In other words, if the guy isn’t an obvious starter coming out of college, they whiff. Every #$&@ time. How is this allowed to continue in perpetuity? Hire outside consultants and investigate it like a normal business would address a weak spot. Yet we continue to act like it’s rocket science.

My best hope from Ross is he’s ordering a code Aqua where he is demanding they get Tua. It’s been speculated that Ross covets him.

Last edited:
If you took the 20 posters here with the most interest in the draft and polled them, you’d have better results

This completely oversimplifies what the grading and drafting process is.

Most of those posters are going to compose a fanboy list like Omar does. Then after the draft they are going to say “we should have picked Z at #39 because we knew the eagles would take him at #60.”

Those posters aren’t making minute by minute decisions on the fly that determine their fate as evaluators and drafters.

I’m not saying our team does it well. Eh. We know they haven’t been doing it well.

But I’m saying that it is a common theme in life that people always think someone else’s job is easy. And invariable they complain about their own job.

You literally have to take pity on Rosen with that BS in front of him. The dam broke damn near every play.

Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie haven’t been here long but the team’s drafting has been disheartening. Allen has a good reputation so maybe he will turn it around going forward. But, the years keep changing and the results are the same. Even if you set aside Day 1, it’s damn near a miracle how poor the Dolphins are at drafting especially on Day 2, where you’re supposed to get your fair share of starters and nucleus of the roster. They do ok on day 3 as they can identify some reasonable contributors from the back end.

McMillan can’t play the pass. Ok. Guess what, he has no idea how to read the run either. He hits the wrong gap routinely like he’s done no preparation and has no instincts. Gesicki? He’s a one trick pony who can jump and might be able to make a play that way. He should contribute at least as a role player so shouldn’t be another Egnew. But can we really rule that out either? You could make an argument that the best move with him would be to try to get a fifth or sixth back for him. If both of these guys were cut tomorrow the franchise’s prospects would not change one bit. They’re irrelevant either way.

If you took the 20 posters here with the most interest in the draft and polled them, you’d have better results. You keep hearing how “well respected” guys like Adam Engroff, Ron Brockington et al. are, yet they were here when we drafted Egnew, Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, McMillan, Gesicki... you could go on and on. It’s not a theoretical job. It’s results-based.

It’d be nice if we had an owner even marginally involved. I’d do a full on audit of how they literally miss on all offensive line picks outside of the top 20. In other words, if the guy isn’t an obvious starter coming out of college, they whiff. Every #$&@ time. How is this allowed to continue in perpetuity? Hire outside consultants and investigate it like a normal business would address a weak spot. Yet we continue to act like it’s rocket science.

My best hope from Ross is he’s ordering a code Aqua where he is demanding they get Tua. It’s been speculated that Ross covets him.

Welcome to the dark side

This completely oversimplifies what the grading and drafting process is.

Most of those posters are going to compose a fanboy list like Omar does. Then after the draft they are going to say “we should have picked Z at #39 because we knew the eagles would take him at #60.”

Those posters aren’t making minute by minute decisions on the fly that determine their fate as evaluators and drafters.

I’m not saying our team does it well. Eh. We know they haven’t been doing it well.

But I’m saying that it is a common theme in life that people always think someone else’s job is easy. And invariable they complain about their own job.

Either that, or it’s not that complicated. It’s just football. You’re not replacing a heart valve. The inability to reason critically causes you to draft Jamal Fletcher over Drew Brees, particularly when you have Surtain and Madison in their primes. It’s really not that complicated for people trained in critical thinking. Maybe it’s not as easy for meatheads who often are NFL GM’s.

What you need are smarter guys as the decision makers. Baseball and basketball are going in that direction. Ivy Leaguers are regularly GM’s now in baseball and the thought process is so much more advanced than it is in football. You see a bright guy like BB and it’s absurd that no other team can match wits with him. That’s not going to happen in the other sports.

We are gonna win just enough games to f it up.

It’s the cross we bear

Normally I'd agree (especially if Rosen plays serviceable) but based on how we look in the trenches, I think we have a legit shot at the no.1 pick. In years past we always could bank on getting 2 to 3 wins against Buf and the Jets but this year might be different.

sadly, this is true. When is the last time our draft produced a decent O-line starter that wasn’t a 1st round pick? How many have we drafted in the last 20 years who have stunk?

Normally I'd agree (especially if Rosen plays serviceable) but based on how we look in the trenches, I think we have a legit shot at the no.1 pick. In years past we always could bank on getting 2 to 3 wins against Buf and the Jets but this year might be different.

Games are won and lost in the trenches and we look to be terrible there so yeah I feel we are on schedule

Back
Top Bottom