Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs/fins Scrimmage Updates

By golly wholly molly we so need some players to step up on the OL!

At this time I am going to remain optimistic (delusional?) but
its sure looks like a very rocky road for the foreseeable future.

Rocky Road? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Or completely kill his trade value because if we get the first pick in the draft and take a QB. I'm sending all available assets towards that oline. Trade Rosen for what you can get. Backup QB/ QB competition be damned at that point. Rosen isn't starting over the first overall pick.
Or maybe keep him until the number one pick is ready and you're sure he's gonna work out

So trading a 2nd round pick for a back up is a good move in your opinion?
Why are you being so absolute? We haven't even gotten into the second preseason game and you're already saying it was a bad trade. Ever hear a Terry Bradshaw? Three years into his career he was benched for over half the season. Sometimes players need reasoning before they reach their full potential

And here’s the worst of it. That Tampa teams talent wise at best mid pack on tbe d front.

We haven’t sniffed squat yet of true impose its will on you d line front play.

But we will. Oh we will
You make me laugh, thanks for that

I was called a bad fan for saying I’d sign up for 0 and 16 right now.

If it gets me that top pick I’m all in. Rosen will be here but so will the teams top pick qb.

2 and 14 vs 0 and 16 means nothing to me.
According to one news outlet that predicted us to be in a five way tie at 3 and 13. According to that we could have the worst record in football and still only have the number five pick. That's crazy!

Have you paid attention to the Dolphins drafts this decade? Charles Harris is a 1st round pick with practice squad talent...I wouldn't even have him as a backup. Heck, Ledbetter and Hendrix...two guys we signed off the street...have shown more than Harris. Raekwon McMillan has taken a back seat to Ego at MLB...at best he's a two down thumper and not a full time player, .
You make the perfect argument why it's important to draft the best available talent versus team needs. It's doubtful the team get's there overnight

Either that, or it’s not that complicated. It’s just football. You’re not replacing a heart valve. The inability to reason critically causes you to draft Jamal Fletcher over Drew Brees, particularly when you have Surtain and Madison in their primes. It’s really not that complicated for people trained in critical thinking. Maybe it’s not as easy for meatheads who often are NFL GM’s.

What you need are smarter guys as the decision makers. Baseball and basketball are going in that direction. Ivy Leaguers are regularly GM’s now in baseball and the thought process is so much more advanced than it is in football. You see a bright guy like BB and it’s absurd that no other team can match wits with him. That’s not going to happen in the other sports.

While I get where you are with those sentiments, I still say it is an over simplification.

I can foresee (if it hasn’t already happened) feeding a sh-t ton of evaluation data into some ML models and trying to predict draft value and success rates. I’m not sure there is enough volume to really get a good predictive model, but let’s set that aside.

The problems are the same as the human equations now. Garbage in, garbage out. You would need subjective grading on both the inputs (college) and outcomes (pros). It isn’t strictly a qualitative measurement.

So, the scouts, their biases, and viewpoints affect the models.

I don’t think it as simple as baseball where so much is individual effort and you can measure more qualitatively.

I dunno. I agree we need smart people. But in the football world, I don’t think pure analytics works... which means you can’t just rely on left brains for a GM.

Now - the Belichick role is different. I really think BB is a left brain. He has so much knowledge and experience, that everything is an If-this then-that.

Look at how they deal with press vs zone coverage on offense. Press: straight to pick plays. Play off: drive and come back. It’s very predictable. (Side note: I can’t wait to see how Flores deals with it)

The fans of this franchise are getting hosed. This year is all about finding out if Rosen is the answer or if they need to draft someone high in the first round but this backwards *** franchise can't get anything right.

Dude, they know we need to draft someone next year, as high as we possibly can, regardless of what happens with Rosen. He’s not set up to succeed here anyways. These guys are both crash test dummies behind this Oline.

Makes you wonder about Flores statement about not having to play Rosen to evaluate him. Maybe they plan on sitting him, knowing the offensive line is bad?
Commonly known as damage limitation.

Back
Top Bottom